Ibasso D4 / T3 Review Thread
Nov 9, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #31 of 445
This sounds great, the hiss issue I'm used to with Cowon players, Shure 530 and Fiio E5 will be history once I receive the T3
beyersmile.png

Shipped from iBasso today!

Nov 9, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #32 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by turnstyle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And, in low gain with your UM2 or JH13 -- is the left/right volume equal at low levels? I understand this to be a common problem with some volume controls, so I'm wondering how the D4 does -- do you know what kind of volume control it has?

And just to be sure, when you said "On hiss, on low gain, which is all that is needed for IEM's, I get zero hiss with UM2's and zero with the JH13's." -- was that with the D4? (from your post, looks like it might have been T3)

It has Alps volume pot.
For me, both D4 and T3 no hiss with ES3X.

Nov 9, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #33 of 445
Just got mine today.

The charger works!!

With my T4 I'd plug it in very gently because the slightest bump extinguished the precious red light. This one plugged in with a satisfying little click.

No bass boost, but I only used that with the RE0, don't need it for the q-jays.

Nov 9, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #35 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has Alps volume pot.

Hey Ron... do you still have your Xin SuperMicro? how does it compare with the T3, soundwise?

TIA!
VA

Nov 9, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #36 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has Alps volume pot.

what gain did you use ? UM3x should has same sensitivity as ES3x and when I turn the volume on T3 up (above 8) I heard the hiss; slightly on gain (1.4) and obvious hiss on gain (2,3) and (2,4) no matter the source when music quiet down. however it is far less then E5 or Sony Walkman I tried in local B&H. As long as I stay at volume level 8 and (1,4) gain setting hiss is ignorable.

Nov 9, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #37 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hsiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what gain did you use ? UM3x should has same sensitivity as ES3x and when I turn the volume on T3 up (above 8) I heard the hiss; slightly on gain (1.4) and obvious hiss on gain (2,3) and (2,4) no matter the source when music quiet down. however it is far less then E5 or Sony Walkman I tried in local B&H. As long as I stay at volume level 8 and (1,4) gain setting hiss is ignorable.

So how worse is the hiss, compared to the T4?
frown.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #38 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by doubts even here /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So how worse is the hiss, compared to the T4?
frown.gif

I don't have T4
frown.gif
I am really new in this hobby that when I decide to get a better amp than E5, T3 was already announced and just 2 weeks before release to the market. I was thinking of Shadow but no too sure if I want to spend that much (400USD) before listening to products of that price range. just like I didn't go custom earphone even if I can afford it (of course, I am not at the moment of my life that I can wait 2 months and pay several visit to audiologist, graduating master student is crazily busy, my UM56 is not fit right but I just have no time or mood to go audiologist for refit whatsoever, have to screw it
mad.gif
)

Nov 10, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #40 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by turnstyle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And, in low gain with your UM2 or JH13 -- is the left/right volume equal at low levels? I understand this to be a common problem with some volume controls, so I'm wondering how the D4 does -- do you know what kind of volume control it has?

And just to be sure, when you said "On hiss, on low gain, which is all that is needed for IEM's, I get zero hiss with UM2's and zero with the JH13's." -- was that with the D4? (from your post, looks like it might have been T3)

The balance on the T3 and the D4 I have is right on. It appears iBasso is checking each potentiometer very closely for matching and eliminate the balance problem. I notice that they toss over 50 percent of the Alp pots, which is a number I have read before from another highly regarded manufacture.

I get no hiss from the T3 or the D4. iBasso is using Alps pots now.

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #41 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Ron... do you still have your Xin SuperMicro? how does it compare with the T3, soundwise?

TIA!
VA

Yes, I still have my Micro, although it is not the latest IV model.

They both sound very good, I would have to do some extensive testing to really pick a best, as I haven't listened enough to my Micro lately to fairly compare the two.

The T3 ergonomics seem to work better in making a small tidy package with a small DAP.

It is my guess that the choice between the two will come down to "vanilla vs chocolate". As everyone hears things differently, they will both have their fans.

IMO, the T3 can hold its own with any of the new ultra-tiny amps that are now coming to market, regardless of price.

There is no doubt that the iBasso customer service is, by far, the better of the two!

Nov 10, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #42 of 445
what about RF interferences!
This is what is really keeping me from pulling the trigger on the T3s!

Can anyone do a 'road-test' with this, walking around in public where there may be quite frequent use of cell phones?

Nov 10, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #43 of 445
I've been walking around the NYC street which is full of iPhone, BB and various cellphones. didn't notice any RFi. I have it connected to my 5800xm, Clip+ in same pocket, did not heard anything other than music itself.

I have a second hand D3 coming in. I hope it will not have RFi

Nov 10, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #44 of 445
That is prolly all I ever needed to hear regarding RFI, hsiu. Thanks!
-
Now I know exactly what's gonna make my wallet unhappy for Christmas, lol.
-
Oh, and anybody know what's this T3D that they say is "coming soon" on the website? A T3 with integrated DAC?

Nov 10, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #45 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hsiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been walking around the NYC street which is full of iPhone, BB and various cellphones. didn't notice any RFi. I have it connected to my 5800xm, Clip+ in same pocket, did not heard anything other than music itself.

I have a second hand D3 coming in. I hope it will not have RFi

I'm using a D3 atm, and its pretty sensitive to Iphone RF signals... let me know how that goes for you, and if you hear anything, would love to hear a comparison and know that the T3 performs well in the same environment as the D3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back