Ibasso D4 / T3 Review Thread
Jun 21, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #437 of 445
I've got the D4 and I'm major happy!  Got the ATH-M50 plugged in and the initial impressions - the sound had become slightly brighter.

Not quite sure with the Gain switch - +3/+10db for the impedance matching, usually I have it down.

Jun 27, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #439 of 445
I spent a little more time with the T3 into my RE262s on the weekend - I still believe it was an achievement on the day it was released and remains so today. Unlike the poster who cant hear much difference between the onboard audio out of his computer and the Fiio E7, the T3 is instant 'wow !' for mine : if iBasso can make something this small sound so 'big', why cant laptop manufacturers squeece that sort of grunt into a 13"+ casing ? Sure, it would push up the cost, but Asus/Acer/Dell dont sell product in batches of a hundred ....

Jun 27, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #440 of 445

Quote:
I spent a little more time with the T3 into my RE262s on the weekend - I still believe it was an achievement on the day it was released and remains so today. Unlike the poster who cant hear much difference between the onboard audio out of his computer and the Fiio E7, the T3 is instant 'wow !' for mine : if iBasso can make something this small sound so 'big', why cant laptop manufacturers squeece that sort of grunt into a 13"+ casing ? Sure, it would push up the cost, but Asus/Acer/Dell dont sell product in batches of a hundred ....

Allthough I'm new but I can fell the difference with T3 and without T3. Without T3 fell like you are missing something. Did any one use JetAudio cowon media player pro software with computer? I'm using this mp3 player with dell 6400 and asus ul series laptop. I thing it's the best media player for mp3 and other format. Right now I'm using COWON JETAUDIO PLUS VX V7.11.31 this version. It realy great specially with bbe effect and bbe viva effect on. You can download this software from jet audio.com. 

Jun 27, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #441 of 445
When I still had the T3, I believe that in general, it:

-added a wider soundstage
-tamed/refined the highs
-added tighter mid bass and more low bass

Other than that, it was neutral with a touch of warmth.

Was it worth it for ~$100? For a portable amp, yes; but I don't bring my full-size headphones out anymore so I bought a home amp (they have neat selections in the $100-$150 range).  

Sep 8, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #443 of 445
Hi
I recently bought an ibasso d4 from a local distributor after reading reviews around and also cus it was on a discount. Bought it for 130sgd. It was working fine until today my um3x started experiencing hissing when i plug my headphone plug into the amp. However when i plugged it into my fiio x3 headphone port it did not experience any hissing. Should i just plug it into my x3 headphone port or is my amp spoilt or smth?

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #444 of 445
Hi
I recently bought an ibasso d4 from a local distributor after reading reviews around and also cus it was on a discount. Bought it for 130sgd. It was working fine until today my um3x started experiencing hissing when i plug my headphone plug into the amp. However when i plugged it into my fiio x3 headphone port it did not experience any hissing. Should i just plug it into my x3 headphone port or is my amp spoilt or smth?

I would take it back to the local seller and if it isn't working right, I would get a refund if you just got it. If out of warranty you could have them send it in for repair. Does it have a full charge? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back