Ibasso D4 / T3 Review Thread
Nov 11, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #61 of 445
Just buy it...dont waste any more time.
Enjoy the music. For 200 bucks it's unbeatable, Its worth much more as it rivals any of the other amps out there and right out of the box it's at the top

Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
paulybatz, can you understand my frustration as someone who is interested in the iBasso D4 when I begin to wade through this thread and find folk comparing the T3 with the T4 ? It might be easier if we call the D4 the 'Mamba', but whatever you call it, that amp has had very little discussion in this thread.

T3
iBasso

T4
iBasso

D4
iBasso

I suspect that the D4 is a more powerful amp than either of the T-series, and that interests me because I favour fullsize cans over IEMs.

Nov 12, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #62 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulybatz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just buy it...dont waste any more time.
Enjoy the music. For 200 bucks it's unbeatable, Its worth much more as it rivals any of the other amps out there and right out of the box it's at the top

I don't really agree with this logic... $200 isn't some throw-away amount of cash, and despite all the positive feedbacks so far, theres a few of us here that want to know detailed reviews on what these sound like.

So if anyone here is up for it, detailed reviews on either D4 or the T3 would be really great.

(on a personal side note: and for those who have experienced RF interferences while commuting, does the T3 pick up any? I just picked up a fatty one while sitting in starbucks just now with my D3
frown.gif
)

Nov 12, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #64 of 445
I received the D4 "Mamba" and the T3 Sunday. For three days I did not even fire my home rig, so happy was I w/ the D4 straight out of the box. Now w/ about 65 hours of burn in all I can say is that I have not been this impressed with a portable amp/dac EVER! The sound is very smooth, involving, and detailed. There is no harshness whatsoever. I will wait until it has at least 200 hours for the in depth review but so far I can say I am very happy with this unit. Cheers.

Nov 12, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #65 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by irjoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't really agree with this logic... $200 isn't some throw-away amount of cash, and despite all the positive feedbacks so far, theres a few of us here that want to know detailed reviews on what these sound like.

So if anyone here is up for it, detailed reviews on either D4 or the T3 would be really great.

(on a personal side note: and for those who have experienced RF interferences while commuting, does the T3 pick up any? I just picked up a fatty one while sitting in starbucks just now with my D3
frown.gif
)

i have a D3 coming in, now you make me worry, well, it the interference is that bad I will use it just as DAC at home. D4 might sound good but 9 hour battery life is NOT enough for me. As regarding of T3, like I said in my previous thread I live in NYC and so far I hear no RFi from my home to subway to NYU on my T3 (filled with wifi, iPhone....). lot better than Fiio E5.

Nov 12, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #66 of 445
lrjoe, I thank you for pointing out the blindingly obvious. If I could afford it, I would have all 3 of the portable amps on my wishlist (per my thread), the Amphora and the Black Cube Linear. Like most here, that isnt going to happen anytime soon. $200 is 2/3 of the way to the price of the Rx, and I'm sure the folk in that thread would tell me to buy that amp, too.

Nov 12, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #67 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hsiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have a D3 coming in, now you make me worry, well, it the interference is that bad I will use it just as DAC at home. D4 might sound good but 9 hour battery life is NOT enough for me. As regarding of T3, like I said in my previous thread I live in NYC and so far I hear no RFi from my home to subway to NYU on my T3 (filled with wifi, iPhone....). lot better than Fiio E5.

-
I feel you man, the E5 taped to the 5800 is no joke.
-
I'm curious about how the gain switches effect the sound though, now that there's TWO of them.

Nov 12, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #69 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingsabr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have posted a quasidetailedlimitedknowledgeofheadfi review of the D2 if anyone is interested. It seems to be in between the T and D series...hope it's helpful

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/i...review-455111/

Actually, no...the T3 is a different animal...the SQ of the T3 is a very close second to the D4, the D2 is not even a close contender

Nov 12, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #70 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lrjoe, I thank you for pointing out the blindingly obvious. If I could afford it, I would have all 3 of the portable amps on my wishlist (per my thread), the Amphora and the Black Cube Linear. Like most here, that isnt going to happen anytime soon. $200 is 2/3 of the way to the price of the Rx, and I'm sure the folk in that thread would tell me to buy that amp, too.

Consider the savings...what else can you buy with what you save...also consider that this hobby like many others is subject to individual interpretations and taste...some like Grado, some hate Grado, some like Ultrasone, some hate Ultrasone, etc...

If you read all of the feedback on the D4 (from ranking head-fiers: Jamato8, Headphoneaddict, MMaroyo) they all say the same thing that I have said, it is a fantastic amp, and what is nice too, if you dont like the sound or want to tweak it you can get a opamp kit (from Hiflight) to tweak the sound.

Did some more listening last night, it just cant be beat!

See the first post for my impressions

Nov 12, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #73 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwekeugene /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would be interesting to see how the amp section on the T3 differs from the D4. Perhaps a comparison between the D4 and the T3, both using the D4 source...

would probably be a better comparison to use a single source other than the D4, and utilize only the D4's amp function.

Nov 12, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #74 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by prone2phone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
200$ is when you come to ibasso factory, with shipping it is closer to 250$ :}

UPS shipping cost exactly $22. But it's coming from China. The other thing is, it didn't come with a 3.5 to 3.5 interconnect so I had to buy one of those too because this is my first amp. But personally, I like the peace of mind of all the good reviews this thing is getting. That means more than anything to me when making a purchase of something I can't hear first myself.

Nov 12, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #75 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would probably be a better comparison to use a single source other than the D4, and utilize only the D4's amp function.

See my initial impression using a single source...first page, first post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back