Ibasso D4 / T3 Review Thread
Nov 30, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #214 of 445
Thanks ChuckWang for the info about the digital volume.

When I ordered the D4 it only took 4 days shipping time from China to Portland, OR USA. That was from the day I ordered it.

Nov 30, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #215 of 445
Your Welcome Dongringo!

I am amazed with the fast shipping! In terms of the digital volume control, I think it's all a matter of preference. The younger generations have the tendency to prefer volumes digital. As for me,.. I am stuck in the middle, so they are both good: )

Nov 30, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #216 of 445
Thanks estreeter. I really think it comes down to how much money a person has to spend and/or the need to impress. Personally, I just try to achieve the best 'music to my ears' at a price point I can live with. I went to an audio show in Los Angeles one time that really taught me alot. Most people don't realize that it's the little things that count. I don't care how many 'premier' names you throw at me or how many thousands upon thousands of dollars you spent, if you didn't spend a few bucks on soundproofing the room, then my system at a fraction of the cost probably sounds a hell of a lot better. Know what I mean? I don't have such high expectations for portable audio, I get true 'hi-fi' at home when I crave it, so for me, it's all about finding the 'diamonds in the rough' - low cost / big performance. The T3 is a marvel in my book.

And I do the exact same thing you do with music files. I rip all my CD's to Apple Lossless, I just store them on an external hard drive - my MBP only has 120MB hard drive. The 256K AAC files work fine for portable use.

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #217 of 445
can someone please try there t3 or t4 from a headphone line out of a dap and see if they get a improvement in sound quality? thinking about getting a t3 to use with my sony nwz-818 dap and triple fi 10,s.

anybody heard the tf10's with t3 or t4?

Dec 1, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #218 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by harj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can someone please try there t3 or t4 from a headphone line out of a dap and see if they get a improvement in sound quality? thinking about getting a t3 to use with my sony nwz-818 dap and triple fi 10,s.

Hey, I just tried it and I am definitely getting a major improvement from my DAP than I did from plugging it into my wallet !
very_evil_smiley.gif

I can assure you that both my X and NWZ-S738 sound fantastic from the headphone out into the T3, but I dont have the TripleFI. I have turned ALL EQ off, everything flat, no gain on the T3 and it still sounds warm and bassy to me : the iPod sounds colder but a little gain and its a lot closer to the sound I like. For others, this will be a negative. Horses for courses.

Dec 2, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #219 of 445
Has anyone tried the d2000s with the ibasso t3? Im considering buying right now or the d4s. Would there be significant difference in headphone amp section considering the ahd-2000s are full sized with t3 vs d4?

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #220 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by cubs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried the d2000s with the ibasso t3? Im considering buying right now or the d4s. Would there be significant difference in headphone amp section considering the ahd-2000s are full sized with t3 vs d4?

Please keep in mind that the T3 is primarily designed as an IEM amplifier. While it does a creditable job on easy-to-drive full-sized phones, it does its best with IEM, one shouldn't expect it to have the same capabilities as an amp designed to power full-sized phones that are more difficult to drive.

The D4 can easily drive full-sized phones.

Dec 2, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #224 of 445
also been told by ibasso by email they prefer the t3 over the t3d. How good is the quality of the mini to mini supplied with the t3, is it worth getting a CB01 mini cable?

$159 including shipping to U.K sounds like a great deal. Here in the UK a t4 cost £100 which is more then $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back