Ibasso D4 / T3 Review Thread
Dec 5, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #241 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by bik2101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone try the T3 with yuin pk1 or pk2? i know the pk2 is much easier to drive than the pk1 and so T3 shouldn't have much problem with it but wondering if the higher 150Ohm rated PK1 is driven well by the T3

I tried it with the OK1 which like the PK1 is harder to drive and I had no problems driving the OK1 to very painful levels.

Dec 5, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #242 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried it with the OK1 which like the PK1 is harder to drive and I had no problems driving the OK1 to very painful levels.

oooh... this is really great news!

Dec 6, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #244 of 445
One thing I noticed on a very positive note for the T3 and T3D is that the jacks are very positive locking now, very firm and the engraving is very fine laser vs silk screening, which wore off some in the past.

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #245 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing I noticed on a very positive note for the T3 and T3D is that the jacks are very positive locking now, very firm and the engraving is very fine laser vs silk screening, which wore off some in the past.

Interesting because the D4 jacks aren't particularly firm.

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #246 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by dongringo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting because the D4 jacks aren't particularly firm.

The D4 uses a different type of jack but it feels like most amps but the T3 series now uses one that snaps into place and holds the plug extremely well.

Dec 16, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #248 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBc.CaN
How would the bass on the T3 compare to that of the J. Seaber CMoy bass boost or the PenguinAmp Caffeine?

Mine should be here within the next 48 hours. If the bass impact isn't significantly better than either of those amps after the first 100 hours, it will be going straight into the trash and I wont buy anything else from iBasso.

Hi estreeter. It's been a while. I was busy moving countries.
Could you kindly detail how you would describe the comparsion?
Thanks

Dec 16, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #249 of 445
Dec 17, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #250 of 445
You just confirmed what I've been listening too for the past month.
atsmile.gif

Great review. Thanks!

Dec 17, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #251 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by aBc.CaN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi estreeter. It's been a while. I was busy moving countries.
Could you kindly detail how you would describe the comparsion?
Thanks

The T3 is a very good little amp, and I definitely consider it a 'must' with my iPod. Depending on your willingness to experiment with the various gain settings, you can make the sound from the iPod warmer and give it most bass punch : personally, I dont get too hung-up over the accompanying loss of detail, but some might. For me, the iPod Classic is a DAP crying out for a better digital map - the T3 is perfect in that role.

Good luck.

Dec 17, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #252 of 445
Great to hear that it has more bass than the J. Seaber CMoy bass boost or the PenguinAmp Caffeine!! =)
This is definately on my Christmas list!
Now once I get a job, I'll click buy!

Dec 17, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #255 of 445
Hehe Dongringo, I'm about to do the opposit, so to speak
regular_smile .gif

I'm really pleased withmy T3, but it's so damn small! Want the D4 for the DAC and the praised amp but also for the larger size, I can't even see the volume nr on the T3 when on the go
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back