Ibasso D4 / T3 Review Thread
Dec 2, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #226 of 445
harj, get the aftermarket cable - the supplied cable is a last-ditch solution, but I didnt expect anything more at the price iBasso are selling this amp. Mine cost me 150AUD delivered : I cant even get a Nano for that .....

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #228 of 445
anyone here tried the T3 with a sansa clip+ and sennheiser IE8? how's the synergy on it? the IE8 is already a bassy IEM even with the sansa clip+ running flat EQ(although if anyone who ever had the clip always knows that you always run the clip flat no matter what). thinking of getting an amp for some more volume and added SQ of course. price wise the T3 and the icon mobile are on the same level.

Dec 3, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #229 of 445
anyone try the T3 with yuin pk1 or pk2? i know the pk2 is much easier to drive than the pk1 and so T3 shouldn't have much problem with it but wondering if the higher 150Ohm rated PK1 is driven well by the T3

Dec 3, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #231 of 445
I have no idea which cable - mine is the equivalent of a Tandy off-the-shelf jobbie - but all I'm saying is that you wont find the supplied cable to be adequate for anything beyond use as a backup if you lose the cable you are about to buy. The price range is immense - I probably wouldnt spend more than 50 USD, and many here will tell you that is overkill. Cables just arent my thing, sorry.

Dec 4, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #232 of 445
I am a believer. I think cables DO make a difference and DO influence SQ, I have several dead soft pure silver cables and they sound great: clean, pure and accurate...I do like the set of RCAs I got from Remitrom/Brad silver coated Copper, they are really nice sounding too. There are many sources for cables whiplash audio made me a fantastic mini to mini pure silver IC, rocks.
I'll post later a DIYr that made me a LOD for my iPhone, sounds nice too.
THAT DUDE IS pdupiano he is fantastic!!!!

Cables do make a difference but once you reach a certain point it's the law of diminishing returns. I'd say spend no more than 100 but you won't find much of any quality less than 50. Unless of course you DIY.

Dec 4, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #233 of 445
Dec 4, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #234 of 445
I am listening to the T3D now but it needs time to burn in. It sounds different when compared to the T3 at this point with some preference to the T3 but again, the T3D only has a few hours on it so comparison at this point doesn't have much meaning. I do like the digital volume control very much. It is smooth and I don't hear any real jumps in volume but a smooth increase. It looks like the volume control used on the Shadow but feels different so I imagine it is a different chip etc.

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #236 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jamato, how T3/T3D compares to Supermicro IV?

I liked the T3 better than the supermacro3...found the SM3 to be too warm for my taste.

Dec 5, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #237 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulybatz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I liked the T3 better than the supermacro3...found the SM3 to be too warm for my taste.

Yes but it depends upon what opamp you use. I can set the SM3 up to sound very neutral and open and dynamic. I can't remember my favorite opamp combo right now though as it has been some time. I did like the 5534 biased to class A.

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #239 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I asked about supermIcro.

Yes I know but the T3D is burning in as I just got it so I can't say how they compare at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back