IBasso Audio IT03
Nov 14, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #1,141 of 3,344
I paid exactly what they listed it for which was like 259$. Shipping is free. Took about a week to get to my home in California. One thing to note is that there was no warranty card in the box. I asked about it and they said they take care of the warranty. Not sure if this is the norm or not.

Their exact words, "hi dear friend
pls do not worry , due to we will take the warranty for you , so the warranty card is not in the box .”
"dear friend" means customer or buyer in Chinese.

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #1,142 of 3,344
  Since Leonard Cohen passed, I have been listening to a lot of his music. I have the Utopia and even the HE1000V2 but the intimacy and texture of the IT03 make listening to his music very enjoyable. The texture of his voice, the excellent bass foundation lend to a very meaningful and engrossing sound. 

Hi John, I have the IT03 also, but you bought up a very good point that I want to compare notes with you.  I listened to the Utopia last month and even though the sound is totl and very high end but the whole sound presentation of the Utopia seems to be farther away from me comparing to iems.  In the last little while I have been listening to iems more frequently than fullsize headphones because I am always on the road or in the air. Comparing to iems including the IT03, I just find the Utopia less intimate and immersive almost feeling like the music is not in my head.  I don"t know if it is because of the nature of iems listening but I really prefer to high end iems over to the Utopia.  What do you think?

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #1,143 of 3,344
I paid exactly what they listed it for which was like 259$. Shipping is free. Took about a week to get to my home in California. One thing to note is that there was no warranty card in the box. I asked about it and they said they take care of the warranty. Not sure if this is the norm or not.

Their exact words, "hi dear friend
pls do not worry , due to we will take the warranty for you , so the warranty card is not in the box .”

Warranty with Penon is top notch!  I had a problem once with a DAP and they gladly replaced it.  Problem solved.  Just try to communicate with them first through their FB page, Penon Penon.

Nov 14, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #1,144 of 3,344
I hope someone here do have oriolus forsteni and IT03 to compare. Im just curious if they have same sound signature, and if the IT03 is more of a practical choice considering the price. or there's a big difference in terms of tonality and overall sound signature.

Nov 14, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #1,145 of 3,344
  Hi John, I have the IT03 also, but you bought up a very good point that I want to compare notes with you.  I listened to the Utopia last month and even though the sound is totl and very high end but the whole sound presentation of the Utopia seems to be farther away from me comparing to iems.  In the last little while I have been listening to iems more frequently than fullsize headphones because I am always on the road or in the air. Comparing to iems including the IT03, I just find the Utopia less intimate and immersive almost feeling like the music is not in my head.  I don"t know if it is because of the nature of iems listening but I really prefer to high end iems over to the Utopia.  What do you think?

Yes the Utopia is further away and a different sound. They are excellent. Wonderful headphones and sound unlike any of my other phones. With the IT03 I am more immersed in the sound. It is still in front and to the side of me, whereas my other IEM's, including the JH13 Pro freq phase are around and even a little behind me. That is what I like about the IT03, I am immersed but not like sound sound has no placement. I get imaging and layering that is in front of me, which is more natural, IMO. 

Do I prefer a good IEM over the Utopia? No, they both have a quality I enjoy but for a lot of listening I am now using the 03 more and more, which surprises me because the HE1000 V2 and the Utopia are excellent (and they sound different from each other). The 03 are pretty much unnoticed in my ears and I don't have the weight of the headphones on my head. 

I am listening to Band of Horses, Acoustic At The Ryman and the sound is superb. With piano, voices and acoustic space it is a real treat. 

Nov 14, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #1,146 of 3,344
For people that have the iem, specifically for this iem can people tell me how sturdy the mmcx connectors and how durable they are and if they think they would hold up later on as the connectors may spin in place so wondering if anyone sees that as an issue for this iem. Also please describe the fit with these connectors as it has been heard that these connectors make the fit weird sometimes.

Nov 14, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #1,148 of 3,344
@nmatheis sir, or anyone who have tried, how would you compare the IT03 with the A91? I know the comparison is unfair and the latter would probably be better. Just curious how IT03 stand up against Fidue's current flagship. TIA!

Nov 14, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #1,149 of 3,344
He had the A91 first and he had an urge for this so guess the A91 enjoyment didnt last too long. ☺

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #1,151 of 3,344
@nmatheis
sir, or anyone who have tried, how would you compare the IT03 with the A91? I know the comparison is unfair and the latter would probably be better. Just curious how IT03 stand up against Fidue's current flagship. TIA!

Sorry, I haven't heard Sirius. I know someone who owns both, though. audio123, can you give a quick comparison?

I second the request above for IT03 vs the new baby Oriolus. I'm really curious about that...

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #1,152 of 3,344
Sorry, I haven't heard Sirius. I know someone who owns both, though. @audio123, can you give a quick comparison?

I second the request above for IT03 vs the new baby Oriolus. I'm really curious about that...

Hey Nik, how are you enjoying the IT03 next to the FLC8S? It's probably the only IEM I regret selling.

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #1,153 of 3,344
Hey Nik, how are you enjoying the IT03 next to the FLC8S? It's probably the only IEM I regret selling.

Different sounds with the way I've got FLC8S set up. FLC8S have a more linear sound with fuller mids - and consequently a fuller sound. IT03 has more bass punch and leaner mids, with a very nice sense of space. That's one thing I really like about IT03 - the sense of space they provide, not just soundstage but space between the sounds. And they accomplish the sense of space without resorting to overblown highs, which I greatly appreciate. IT03 took a bit of time for me to get acclimated to the sound, but now that I am they're really growing on me. I'll take another week or two and then put up a review.

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #1,154 of 3,344
Different sounds with the way I've got FLC8S set up. FLC8S have a more linear sound with fuller mids - and consequently a fuller sound. IT03 has more bass punch and leaner mids, with a very nice sense of space. That's one thing I really like about IT03 - the sense of space they provide, not just soundstage but space between the sounds. And they accomplish the sense of space without resorting to overblown highs, which I greatly appreciate. IT03 took a bit of time for me to get acclimated to the sound, but now that I am they're really growing on me. I'll take another week or two and then put up a review.

A bit more bite from the bass on the FLC8S could have been perfect. What config do you have on the FLC8S? Thank you for this comparison, it helps drawing a line between the 2.

Nov 15, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #1,155 of 3,344

Thank you so much for the impressions. The FLC8S wasn't particularly airy or spacious, but I really loved the fun factor and tuning. Learnt to appreciate and actually prefer an airier sig now, so the IT03 might just be the ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back