IBasso Audio IT03
Nov 17, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #1,171 of 3,344

What devices are you using in the audio chain? Besides the in-ears or the recording, the imbalance can also be caused by a headphone amplifier with analogue volume potentiometer.

If that's not the case, you could (on a PC or your DAP if it supports it) set the recording to Mono and check whether the imbalance issue is still there.

Basically everything i use with it has the image a bit to the right. i dont know if i am imagining it, but when i use other earphones or headphones i dont "notice" it.

Using oppo HA2 which has an analogue pot, but my mojo doesnt have an analogue pot and its presenting the same issue, same with my Lyr 2 and my Soundblaster E5

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #1,173 of 3,344
could i just pull one up on  youtube? Im a low-fi headfier. no DSD or foobar here haha

I would recommend to do the Mono test. On a PC, you can do it in Foobar 2k or Audacity (and surely other programs, too), while on the iPhone you can do it in the Accessibility settings.

If the image is still off-centre compared to your other headphones, a replacement might be the way to go.

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #1,175 of 3,344

Sure thing - just look for an old and un-remastered recording there that is uploaded in Mono, because test tones that are mostly found on YouTube when looking for Mono stuff are not as useful because they only capture one small part of the frequency spectrum.

So it seems like my IT03 are the slightest bit channel imbalanced. like say if the center image is supposed to be in front of the middle between your eyebrows, it feels like the center image is at the very tip of my right eyebrow on the inside.

It is so impercetible i am not sure i am imagining it and im not even sure its there..but as i said earlier, i dont "notice" this issue on my other headphones. I am really disappointed because ive JUST finished burning these in past the 150 hour mark and the sound has become much more natural and organic.

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #1,177 of 3,344
Nov 17, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #1,178 of 3,344

Sure thing - just look for an old and un-remastered recording there that is uploaded in Mono, because test tones that are mostly found on YouTube when looking for Mono stuff are not as useful because they only capture one small part of the frequency spectrum.

So it seems like my IT03 are the slightest bit channel imbalanced. like say if the center image is supposed to be in front of the middle between your eyebrows, it feels like the center image is at the very tip of my right eyebrow on the inside.

It is so impercetible i am not sure i am imagining it and im not even sure its there..but as i said earlier, i dont "notice" this issue on my other headphones. I am really disappointed because ive JUST finished burning these in past the 150 hour mark and the sound has become much more natural and organic.

This might sound obvious or silly but are your ears clean? I use earphones everyday for work. Often I get some wax build up,
I notice sometimes that after cleaning the wax out of my ears everything sounds sparkly and clean again! - Might be worth looking at? :)

Nov 17, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #1,179 of 3,344
yep. I clean them every time i shower. I heard horror stories about impacted wax. but like i said none of my other headphones have this "issue" if you can call it that.

The worst part is I cant send them in for repairs or a refund because i got them through the headfi classifieds.

Nov 17, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #1,180 of 3,344
  yep. I clean them every time i shower. I heard horror stories about impacted wax. but like i said none of my other headphones have this "issue" if you can call it that.

The worst part is I cant send them in for repairs or a refund because i got them through the headfi classifieds.

Why not ask them anyway what they might be able to do...if anything - they are a re great company - worth a try? 

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #1,182 of 3,344
  @Paul - iBasso ? Is there anything you guys can do? Ill understand if you cant.

If the IT03 are unequal in volume or faulty you can contact the seller to have them replaced or repaired under warranty. If you have difficulty with this for some reason you can send the IT03 with the warranty card directly to us and we will replace them.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 18, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #1,184 of 3,344

Yes the Utopia is further away and a different sound. They are excellent. Wonderful headphones and sound unlike any of my other phones. With the IT03 I am more immersed in the sound. It is still in front and to the side of me, whereas my other IEM's, including the JH13 Pro freq phase are around and even a little behind me. That is what I like about the IT03, I am immersed but not like sound sound has no placement. I get imaging and layering that is in front of me, which is more natural, IMO. 

Do I prefer a good IEM over the Utopia? No, they both have a quality I enjoy but for a lot of listening I am now using the 03 more and more, which surprises me because the HE1000 V2 and the Utopia are excellent (and they sound different from each other). The 03 are pretty much unnoticed in my ears and I don't have the weight of the headphones on my head. 

I am listening to Band of Horses, Acoustic At The Ryman and the sound is superb. With piano, voices and acoustic space it is a real treat. 

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back