IBasso Audio IT03
Nov 22, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #1,201 of 3,344
For those who are looking for a cheaper alternative on upgrade cables, you might want to check this out.

Immediately noticeable improvements, at least for my ears, were the added bass slam, enhanced sparkle up top, and a bit wider soundstage. All these making the IT03 sound closer to the Andromeda. YMMV of course. These are avaiilable from Penon Audio for just $35. I didn't expect the significant improvements for this price.

Product link: JiangHai 8-core MMCX cable

Nice cable, mate!

Hopefully you do not have the issue I've experienced... 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #1,203 of 3,344

Thanks mate!

You have the same cable? What kind of issue did you have with it?

I had earlier swapped from stock to Effect Audio Thor Copper cable.

IMO, the sound is more resolving, wider soundstage and the SQ seems to tamed down a bit compared to the stock.
But the MMCX connectors have loose space and whenever I adjust the tiny wire on my ear, the sound drops.
Due to that, I have to change it back to my stock cable.

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #1,204 of 3,344
  I had earlier swapped from stock to Effect Audio Thor Copper cable.

IMO, the sound is more resolving, wider soundstage and the SQ seems to tamed down a bit compared to the stock.
But the MMCX connectors have loose space and whenever I adjust the tiny wire on my ear, the sound drops.
Due to that, I have to change it back to my stock cable.

I tried to do the same last night just to test it. I was moving the earpiece while plugged to my ear, budge it here and there. No lost signal or any other problems. Though I would say, the new cables were a tight fit to the IT03. First time I put it and then removed, the right sleeve of the connector almost came off. Just need to be careful when removing.

I should mention too that this cable is very supple, way softer than the ALO SPC litz that came with my CA Nova. All connectors and plugs, even the y-split are metal. Only con there was that there's no slider.

Nov 22, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #1,205 of 3,344

I tried to do the same last night just to test it. I was moving the earpiece while plugged to my ear, budge it here and there. No lost signal or any other problems. Though I would say, the new cables were a tight fit to the IT03. First time I put it and then removed, the right sleeve of the connector almost came off. Just need to be careful when removing.

I should mention too that this cable is very supple, way softer than the ALO SPC litz that came with my CA Nova. All connectors and plugs, even the y-split are metal. Only con there was that there's no slider.

I had the ALO Tinsel cable. The connectors fit and locks the earpiece well. Small force is require to move the earpiece.

Had few nights with it but the sound seems softer compared to the stock and Effect cable.
Same volume, but both cables sounded louder than the Tinsel.

Is this the case, since you owned a Nova (great set IMO. audited it once and had fell for it).

Nov 22, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #1,206 of 3,344
I gave them a shot at the highly recomended Audiogarden store in Paris. I don't know what are these where engineered for but certainly not for classical music ! The sound was "all over the place", boomy, uncontroled, leaking in every possible way at least with my setting (X5II and high res well recorded files)

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #1,207 of 3,344
For those with perspective....considering the cable/balance issues of "SOME" of the early adopters....what's the better option at this retail price point; the Ibasso IT03 or a set of dunu dn-2002's? I need a new set of travel/daily iem's and I'm ordering this weekend. Thanks

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #1,208 of 3,344
For those with perspective....considering the cable/balance issues of "SOME" of the early adopters....what's the better option at this retail price point; the Ibasso IT03 or a set of dunu dn-2002's? I need a new set of travel/daily iem's and I'm ordering this weekend. Thanks

Sound?
i cannot say. The dn2002s are no slouch. They have less sub bass emphasis is what ive read from reviews. for the price that you can get a set of dn2002s they are fairly neck and neck when it comes to value. I do believe that there is a difference in tuning. Personally though i would go for the dn2000j's

Looks?
IT03. there is nothing like owning a universal iem that looks like its a custom. imho the dn2002 is lacking in the design department.

Travel?
IT03. the isolation on these is superb, and they lay flat against your ear with a very snug over ear fit. i use these in the office and when the cleaning crew roll through i actually have to turn off the music to try to hear the vacuum.

Hope that helps.

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #1,210 of 3,344
  I gave them a shot at the highly recomended Audiogarden store in Paris. I don't know what are these where engineered for but certainly not for classical music ! The sound was "all over the place", boomy, uncontroled, leaking in every possible way at least with my setting (X5II and high res well recorded files)

I listen to all types of classical most every day and find the IT03 to be superb. I would listen to a different pair as what I hear, when the recording is done right, is layering, good depth and width and and wonderful controlled bass line  that adds to the complete enjoyment of the recording. I especially enjoy the timbre of the IT03.  I do a lot of listing at my work station and have a choice of a number of monitors and would change to something else if they didn't do the job, but they do. 

Nov 22, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #1,211 of 3,344

Sound?
i cannot say. The dn2002s are no slouch. They have less sub bass emphasis is what ive read from reviews. for the price that you can get a set of dn2002s they are fairly neck and neck when it comes to value. I do believe that there is a difference in tuning. Personally though i would go for the dn2000j's

Looks?
IT03. there is nothing like owning a universal iem that looks like its a custom. imho the dn2002 is lacking in the design department.

Travel?
IT03. the isolation on these is superb, and they lay flat against your ear with a very snug over ear fit. i use these in the office and when the cleaning crew roll through i actually have to turn off the music to try to hear the vacuum.

Hope that helps.

I haven't heard DN2K but have heard DN2KJ abs wouldn't recommend it for anyone with treble sensitivity. I found it overly bright in an HD800 story of way and was happy to return it after my audition period was over. IT03 would be my choice over DN2KJ. No questions asked!

Nov 22, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #1,212 of 3,344
  Sound?

Looks?

Travel?

Hope that helps.

Ha ha, I have the same experience with the cleaning crew's vacuum when using the IT03...

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #1,215 of 3,344
Are the IT03, a problem with smaller ears? I have problems with the design of the E70, Shure IEM's, Westone W30. Good in my ears was the Audiofly AF160.
But the sound was only moderately. I fear the iBasso IEM is too bulky for my ears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back