I want to have a baby! Anyone help? (Reps please read)
Apr 23, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #46 of 97
The point here is "you never know till you try". Someone has to be the guinea pig to find out whether something is good or not :wink:, and if someone here is ever so willing, why dwell on it any longer? 

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #47 of 97
Update: This time I have contacted UM Global regarding the IE80 reshell+upgrade. They confirmed that they can do it. It's a matter of time and money now to get this kind of reshell and upgrade. 
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #51 of 97
I don't mean to annoy you, but your whole understanding is wrong. It's kinda funny to say it that way, but it's true.

The driver is only one part of why an earphone sounds the way it does. Taking the driver out of the context of the cable and/or acoustic filters and/or electronic filters, housing/shell materials, etc doesn't give you anything--it certainly doesn't give you the bass/mids/treble/whatever from a given earphone. You can't just glue it together with another driver which has the bass/mids/treble/whatever from some other headphone and somehow get anything that magically sounds like both. The tuning process is not nearly as easy as you are describing.

An example: One well known earphone company went and changed the materials that held the transducers in place (a more complex version of the "glue", if you will). This changed the sound enough that the iem was considered to be a new generation and rightfully so, as it had tuned the sound differently in several ways.

Just as the correct answer to someone who says "well, why can't we just add some gorilla dna to humans and then we'd be super strong?" is "that's not the way it works, there's a lot about genetics you'd need to know before you would have the background to understand why it's not that simple", here the only real answer is "that's not the way it works..."

One can only begin to comprehend the suffering others must endure in your presence. Perhaps you are simply encapable of reading, interesting when you can write. Or perhaps you're just ignorant and arrogant. Or maybe you're an idiot (more likely).

Not only did you feel the need to state the obvious, that nobody was suggesting in the first place, insulting our intelligence respectively. You then failed to grasp my first reply which clarified my position on the subject as being the same as yours, but I didn't think head-fiers needed it explained to them.

Now kindly stop repeating yourself, it must be embarrassing for you and it clogs the thread with unhelpful comments.

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #52 of 97
I know merging IEMs and Drivers together may sound cool, but you realize that every time you reshell or merge drivers the company have the retune the entire thing right? Merging two IEMs =/= merging their sound signatures. I remember a company saying that merging the IEMs is pretty much the same as buying brand new separate drivers and telling them to make them into a custom.

Though I would love to try reshelling a EX1000 or an IEM with bio cellulose diaphragm :p

Apr 23, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #53 of 97

Quote:
I know merging IEMs and Drivers together may sound cool, but you realize that every time you reshell or merge drivers the company have the retune the entire thing right? Merging two IEMs =/= merging their sound signatures. I remember a company saying that merging the IEMs is pretty much the same as buying brand new separate drivers and telling them to make them into a custom.

Though I would love to try reshelling a EX1000 or an IEM with bio cellulose diaphragm :p

Pretty much the whole conversation all over again. But the last part makes sense, rather buy a TWFK driver for 50 bucks and you get a dual driver than using a dual driver IEM to re-shell it together. 

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #54 of 97
Isnt it cheaper to get a TWFK alone than a dual driver IEM with a TWFK in it? :S

Apr 24, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #56 of 97
Then I would suggest OP to just go to mouser and choose the drivers he would like in his new CM and send them to a company for them to make into a custom.

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #57 of 97

Quote:
Then I would suggest OP to just go to mouser and choose the drivers he would like in his new CM and send them to a company for them to make into a custom.

He could just buy an IE80 and then 2 TWFK dual-drivers and make a 5 driver like the merlin, that would be a cheap way. Well, just a thought anyways :p 

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #59 of 97
When I saw that 4 bass drivers in the JH16 gave unmatched bass quality...I was wondering if you can do something like 4 CI22955, 4 ED29689 and 4 FK  in one shell with a 3 way design to have ultimate details in all categories xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back