I hve been a lurker for a while....hoping to learn more
Dec 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Rohmann98

New Head-Fier
Hi there,
As the title suggests, i have been a lurker for a while and am hoping to learn more about sound. I have had a pair of klipsh image one for the longest time and am hoping to find a new pair and learn somethings along the way
Notes:
I listen to lots of emotional music ,classical ,and classic rock,with the occasional grunge
Looking to pay under 200~250 USD
Full sized over ear
Something that can be powered by iphone or iphone+portable amp
Something with good soundstage and abiltiy to tell instruments apart

Thanks in advance. I am hping to learn more about headphones

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #2 of 8
Open or closed headphone?

Happen to audition those Klipsch before, the mids are recessed a bit. How about some Shure SRH-840 + FiiO E6 amp? 

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SRH440-Professional-Studio-Headphones/dp/B002DP1FTU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1356058091&sr=8-2&keywords=Shure+SRH+840

smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
Hi there,
As the title suggests, i have been a lurker for a while and am hoping to learn more about sound. I have had a pair of klipsh image one for the longest time and am hoping to find a new pair and learn somethings along the way
Notes:
I listen to lots of emotional music ,classical ,and classic rock,with the occasional grunge
Looking to pay under 200~250 USD
Full sized over ear
Something that can be powered by iphone or iphone+portable amp
Something with good soundstage and abiltiy to tell instruments apart
Thanks in advance. I am hping to learn more about headphones

Heya,

Open air? Closed back? Is this for portable use? Do you want something small or is a big bulky full size ok? Prefer it to be neutral/flat or do want it warmer or a little bassier?

Very best,

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 8
thanks for the ideas....i was looking for a closed set to not disturb others. I was hoping for something on the warmer side...thanks in advance...BTW sise does not matter so lank as its not uber-heavy

Dec 21, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
thanks for the ideas....i was looking for a closed set to not disturb others. I was hoping for something on the warmer side...thanks in advance...BTW sise does not matter so lank as its not uber-heavy

Heya,

Beyer DT770 PRO
Beyer Custom One Pro
AKG K167
Ultrasone HFI 580
Ultrasone PRO 750
AudioTechnica A900X
Mr Speakers Mad Dog
Logitech UE 6000
Sennheiser Momentum
Sony MDR1R

Very best,

Dec 21, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #6 of 8
I've got a pair of Sennheiser hd 380 pros and I love them! I mostly use them to listen to classical music, but also like other genres like rock and classical rock. Soundstage is excellent. It's also easy to tell instruments apart, though I'd expect that from any decent pair of cans. They work fine on my iPhone without an amp, but sound even better with my Fiio e11's. You can get them on Amazon for $160-170, which leaves you some spare change for an amp. Let me know if you have questions.

Dec 21, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #8 of 8
Can't learn much when you don't post and interact. Lurkers who are reading this, stop reading it and make an account if you haven't already and start posting! But don't start a new thread for absolutely every single question like a lot of people...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back