Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Nov 22, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #10,801 of 18,902
Just got my TT2 this week.

Does anyone notice that the external casing being aluminum have a slight static electric feel.
Not enough to get a static shock but just brushing fingertips across the top part of the unit feel like buzz/ vibrate.
This does not happen when the unit is off.

Perhaps i have a grounding issue?
Sounds like you purchased the optional Psychedelic Hugo TT2 version

Nov 22, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #10,802 of 18,902
Does it make product sense to release ever-increasing tap length stand alone days when the mScaler technology makes that redundant? I wonder if they Chord should concentrate on marketing the best, non-redundant offering in 3 boxes: the scaler, the dac, and the output stage. The output is on of the differences between the Dave and TT2. Maybe a 10, 20 and whatever is next/best output element box fed by a pure DAC box fed by mScaler, which they can make in a few flavors, like 200k taps, 500k taps, and 1mm. Then people could mix and match to hptheir budget and sound preferences.
There is a lot of sense in what you propose, from a functional analysis point of view.
Who knows whether Chord view it the same way. :relaxed:

Nov 22, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #10,803 of 18,902
...but I very much doubt that chord will ever make a poly or 2go device ever again, and thats a shame, as the hardware is capable of doing what it was intended for. If they ever do things like that again, maybe change the company that is making the software for them, as I think it's them who are behind alot of polys and 2go's problems, and not chord.

Exactly. Poly/2go hardware is great (a battery-powered mini-computer capable of almost anything, attached to the DAC!), their firmware is okay (based on linux, extendable), but the external player app selection is awful. People today have higher expectations than what the available player apps can deliver. Just compare these toy-like apps to Roon, or even just to Apple Music. I don't know about the situation on Android, but regarding iOS Chord should buy Glider and hire software developers to keep it up-to-date and great. Looks like Chord doesn't understand how ridiculous the situation is, thinking their part (hardware + firmware) is nicely covered. :triportsad:

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #10,804 of 18,902

Does anyone notice that the external casing being aluminum have a slight static electric feel.
Not enough to get a static shock but just brushing fingertips across the top part of the unit feel like buzz/ vibrate.

If it does irritate you (it did for me, i like driving IEMs with the TT2 and on the LCD-i4 for example, the current creates a hum): the IFI GroundHog fixes the issue completely.

Nov 23, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #10,805 of 18,902

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-dave.766517/post-14254888
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hug...nics-the-official-thread.885042/post-15035026
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-hugo-2-the-official-thread.831345/post-14917805
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hug...nics-the-official-thread.879425/post-15139118

Nov 23, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #10,806 of 18,902
@miketlse Looks like Rob was busy fielding this question in 2019. :)

What I don't know, is why all these products (Dave, TT2, RME ADI-2, m900) don't use plugs with grounding. Knowing this is an issue, why did Chord choose to go with a two pin plug with no grounding? I am sure there's a reason, just curious what it is.

The non-Chord products resolve this via the USB connection, if the PC is grounded. Given the galvanic isolation it the TT2, it forces one to find grounding via an external amp or other solutions...

Nov 23, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #10,807 of 18,902
Ground control to major Tom

Nov 23, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #10,810 of 18,902
There is a lot of sense in what you propose, from a functional analysis point of view.
Who knows whether Chord view it the same way. :relaxed:

What would make it more awesome is a proprietary connection that connects each component when you stack them. So in essence it becomes one component.

Nov 24, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #10,811 of 18,902
What would make it more awesome is a proprietary connection that connects each component when you stack them. So in essence it becomes one component.
How would that work when they are not stacked? I also prefer not to stack my components.

Nov 24, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #10,812 of 18,902
I think that my TT2 will look awesome on top of an Mscaler that I’m leaning towards getting in my headphone listening station. At least that’s how Chord presents these two components in their TT table top offerings.

Nov 24, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #10,813 of 18,902
I think that my TT2 will look awesome on top of an Mscaler that I’m leaning towards getting in my headphone listening station. At least that’s how Chord presents these two components in their TT table top offerings.
It does look awesome, actually...
E3CD4825-4B14-4AE6-B530-2C3A72B78422.jpeg

Nov 24, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #10,814 of 18,902
The only feature that I wish it had is to remember the volume levels on different outputs so that I could leave my headphone cable plugged in and just select the output that I want to use by remote control. Unless I've missed something and it does that already...

Nov 24, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #10,815 of 18,902
ok I’m ocd but I got it under control....? Couple of chord products in there, memorabilia sound man cave. Scotch and wine addiction Err collection but that’s another story and another room

09FAE628-7AA3-4BAD-81A4-AA4E455DAECB.jpeg
I’m not seeing any isolation feet here... amateur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back