Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 13, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #151 of 18,907
Just use the standby button on the unit or via the remote control.

Thanks for the that Rob,

With the use of Super Caps, are there any issues or benefits from leaving the TT 2 powered up?

May 13, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #152 of 18,907
I only ask because 768khz and dsd 512 are nigh on useless for 98% of users, but why include dsd 512 but not 768khz like the latest dac’s from chord ?

I think that Rob should have added a couple of tubes too, for effect. They wouldn't be connected to anything, just sit on top and glow so that customers can feel good about buying the TT2 because it has tubes. :L3000:

May 13, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #153 of 18,907
So if i understand correctly, it's possible to connect an hungry headphone via balanced mode in the rear balanced connectors?

May 13, 2018 at 5:21 AM Post #154 of 18,907
So if i understand correctly, it's possible to connect an hungry headphone via balanced mode in the rear balanced connectors?
Yes, dual mono balanced XLR connections for headphone users. Or speakers. 18W per channel.

May 13, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #155 of 18,907
Well. Seems to me the definitive product. I had mojo and hugo and i love chord filosophy and sound. I need to found money LOL

May 13, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #157 of 18,907
Drooling from my ears

May 13, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #159 of 18,907
Can anyone share how to go about driving loudspeakers direct from the TT2 or even from the Hugo2? thanks in advance.
Just need to terminate your speaker cables with rca or xlr connectors.

May 13, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #162 of 18,907
Thanks for the link. I am looking for something like this in Singapore currently. But at Sim Lim nobody seems to sell any battery banks that even work with a MBP.
This sure looks like an interesting option for me when I am "out in the bush". But looking at their site I find no information on where to buy it outside of the USA.
Nor any information of how many hours I could run my MBP and my Qutest via a fully charged unit.
The battery in my old MBP gives me maximum 4-6 hours of use playing music via Audirvana or Pure Music.
Any idea how many extra hours their big most powerful unit would deliver compared to what I have now?
Cheers Christer

Ot: mm..try Chargetech through eBay. That’s the unit I got for my WA8 (adds around 3.5 hours battery life). It is 27000 mah (with AC outlet).

https://chargetech.com/product/portable-power-outlet/

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #164 of 18,907
+1, but -money.

Yea.

One good thing has come out of this, and that is ???

I am happy I chose hugo2 over hugott in february as I would of had a heart attack upon seeing last thursdays news.

I would of been really sad if I had bought the prince (hugott) of desktop dacs in february, only to find out a couple of months later that it had been relegated to the 10 of hearts and had lost it’s second position in the royal family of dac’s.

However,

Hugo2 still King of semi mobile/portable dacs and 2go when/if it gets released ? Will make it infinetly more usable.

I wonder what happens to all the old dacs that have been superseded with newer ones and which dont get sold because people are buying the newer ones, do they sell them at rock bottom prices or do they get broken down and recycled?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back