Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Feb 13, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #3,077 of 3,643
Here is the link to the M05 discussion. The mod is a pdf file link in there.

Whoah those guys really now their stuff, unfortunately I don't know how to solder nor own a soldering kit 
frown.gif

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #3,078 of 3,643
As I was going to place the order, I decided to check the Amazon Q&A one last time to find out that this headphone seems to be one of those awkward over-ear/on-ear headphones (they said the depth is only 1.4 cm or .55 in). Now I don't know if my ear could snug inside, I don't know if either the clamp would press in my ear for the cup to hit the outside of my head or if the clamp isn't strong enough and would just have the cup dangle half-way on my ear. Those two scenarios both look uncomfortable 
confused_face.gif

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #3,079 of 3,643
MEE Audio Matrix2. Same design but better drivers. I have nit heard either but have been looking also. Can someone confirm? I got the Ausdom M07 for $20 but modified them heavily. They are semi-open on-ear.

any photo of the internals?
(we need a " what is inside a Bluetooth phone" picture thread in the DIY section.)

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #3,080 of 3,643
  As I was going to place the order, I decided to check the Amazon Q&A one last time to find out that this headphone seems to be one of those awkward over-ear/on-ear headphones (they said the depth is only 1.4 cm or .55 in). Now I don't know if my ear could snug inside, I don't know if either the clamp would press in my ear for the cup to hit the outside of my head or if the clamp isn't strong enough and would just have the cup dangle half-way on my ear. Those two scenarios both look uncomfortable 
confused_face.gif

SkullCandy Hesh wireless has ~3cm deep pads. The refurb ones usually go for <$50 on ebay.

It does require modification, though, the stock sound is too boomy.

Feb 14, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #3,081 of 3,643

SkullCandy Hesh wireless has ~3cm deep pads. The refurb ones usually go for <$50 on ebay.

It does require modification, though, the stock sound is too boomy.

Thanks I'll look in to it and find some reviews. Question though, should I probably go shop around at the $100 price range? Since I plan to use these almost every night for 4-5 hours. I would prefer to have to pay more for a better sound and overall comfort (anc would be awesome as well but I think they're at around the $150 range). I got a recommendation for the Sony MDRZX770BT as well from another member.

Feb 14, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #3,082 of 3,643
  Thanks I'll look in to it and find some reviews. Question though, should I probably go shop around at the $100 price range? Since I plan to use these almost every night for 4-5 hours. I would prefer to have to pay more for a better sound and overall comfort (anc would be awesome as well but I think they're at around the $150 range). I got a recommendation for the Sony MDRZX770BT as well from another member.

The PuroSound headphones are supposed to be decent. I know my buddy bought one and I thought it sounded quite good, but I only had about 15 minutes with it.

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #3,083 of 3,643

I am using Stance S+ and I must say it is a great headphone. I think everything is balance, bass is there, mids and highs.

The Stance S+ is by no means bad. The Tach 1 is everything the S+ should have been as far as sound goes. Better highs, less congested midrange and better controlled bass. 

You would have thought the over ear would have bested the on ear. It doesn't.

I also think the Tach 1 is more comfortable, even being on ear. The pads of the Stance+ always caused discomfort after wearing them for a half hour or so. I was constantly readjusting them. I don't have that issue with the Tach 1.

That is all with the stock pads, mind you. With the Shure pads it elevates it even more in sound and comfort.

I was bitten by the upgrade bug last week and ordered the Audio Technica DSR9BT...we'll see how it goes... :)

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #3,084 of 3,643
For those of you who have been having trouble with the comfort of the B&W P7's I thought you might be interested in this post I've just added in the 'Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread'

I've been experimenting with trying to add different pads to the P7's with the aim to finding something that's more comfortable!

I've actually got hold of some pads from the wired P7's and cut away the leather and foam just leaving the frame, this allows me to stretch a different pad onto it and still use the magnets to attach it! I bought a pair of pads off EBay for £6.23 originally for the Razer Tiamat 7.1 (see pic) which were a similar dimension but with much thicker padding. Unfortunately the padding was not very soft so actually felt worse than the stock pads! I now want to try the pads from the Sony 1ABT as they are also a similar dimension and I know how amazingly comfortable they are! Although I can also get them cheap on EBay I hear they don't quite use the same foam and I'm worried they might be too firm as well?

In case your interested I noticed the P7 wired & wireless use different foam, the wired bounce right back when squished in but the wireless use more of a memory foam which slowly regains shape. Think I found the wireless more comfortable!

You'll also notice that the internal design is different on the two with the wireless version creating a seal between the driver and the jack port! I can't say I noticed any difference in sound though although technically it should improve the bass as there's more of a seal?

wonder if you can get mr speaker alpha dog pads on with this mod

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #3,086 of 3,643
  The ear cups looks small, are they on ear?

They are over ear headphones. I'll ask him to bring them over so I can try them and see how they fit.

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #3,088 of 3,643
  Oh wow thanks a lot! I think I have a pretty average ear (around 2.5" in height).

Same as mine I believe. He will likely come over tomorrow as I have a Mojo arriving that he wants to hear so I'll ask him to bring the Puro for sure.

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #3,089 of 3,643
  Same as mine I believe. He will likely come over tomorrow as I have a Mojo arriving that he wants to hear so I'll ask him to bring the Puro for sure.

Awesome, thanks a lot! I tried looking at their prices and seems like they go for around $150 (they went $75 on a cyber sale >.<). I'm currently now looking at reviews for the 2017 CES bt headphones, most of them are out of my price range lol, the only one remotely close is the Sennheiser 4.40bt (at $150) but still can't find a good review for them, I tend to close the tab as soon as I see something like "Thanks for [insert brand here] on providing me with this headphone".

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #3,090 of 3,643
wonder if you can get mr speaker alpha dog pads on with this mod

Possibly? However they're almost impossible to get hold of here in the UK. It has got me thinking though that I might try the Brainwavz pads, I'd previously fitted them to the Audio Technica ATH-WS99BT and found them incredibly comfortable! They're roughly the same size as the Alpha Dog pads and they do a sheepskin version in both straight and angled. I'll order both the straight and angled on Amazon and see which fit the best? They may be too big but it's worth a try? Thanks for the suggestion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back