Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Jun 10, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #2,478 of 3,643
  Yeah they are too expensive for me :frowning2:
U love M2BT so maybe u had heard some similar Bluetooth headphones but Around The Ear?

Nothing compares 2 M2BT, and my preferences are so six-months-ago. I prefer an on-the-ear headphone in the first place. The B&W P5 has similarities to the M2BT and is my second favorite, but it's on-ear and expensive. (Beoplay H8 is third for me--so I keep going in the wrong direction for you.)

Plantronics Backbeat Pro, maybe?

Audio Technica ATHWS99BT--if you want to switch out the ear pads and do some serious EQ-ing. Giogio is the one to talk to about that. Very powerful sound, though. And the price is right. Good for using with laptop. Not so sure about phone--if you lose the EQ function. (Foobar 2000)

Jun 10, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #2,479 of 3,643
I will read about Backbeat Pro but i dont like design of it - too big for my small head and Giogio wrote that the bass isnt like in M2BT - i love bass in M2BT but i could have a little more bass than in fidelio but not the less!:p
Maybe someone will also have some good ideas for me :) i will wait :D

Best for me would be compact around the ear headphones with AptX and AAC and sound like M2BT, optional ANC :D

Jun 10, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #2,482 of 3,643
I didn't get any audio on it, but I did at least try the Plantronics BackBeat Go on my head and didn't like the fit. My ears didn't fit in the cups so it was like a hybrid on/around ear. So if you have wide ears or a big head, the fit may or may not be for you. 

While I'm looking around for a possible replacement BT headphone to the M2s, I feel like I may need to walk away from Bluetooth for a while. People say their headphones work fine outside, others have the same problem I do. On top of that, it's summer and an around-ear is just too hot. It was in the low-60s one morning and by the time I got to work, my head was starting to sweat. So I may sell my M2s and cling to the in-ears for a bit. Or hang onto them and use them again in the fall and winter.
  I saw some reviews and momentum 2.0 wireless dont seem to be headphones for bassheads, they seems to have neutral sound with flat signature

I may not qualify as a basshead, but I think the M2s have a bit of a bump. I wouldn't call them flat. I've listened to some Audio Technicas and I would most certainly call them flat, not so much the M2s.

Jun 10, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #2,483 of 3,643
I saw some reviews and momentum 2.0 wireless dont seem to be headphones for bassheads, they seems to have neutral sound with flat signature

I wouldn't characterize them as basshead cans, but they have a warm, full lower end. They are great headphones.

I have a question for all of you: I just put my Momentum 2 AEBT's aside for a new pair of Bose QC35's. The Bose support AAC, but the Sennheiser's didn't. 90% of my listening is on iOS or Mac devices. Does it make sense to switch from Spotify to Apple Music, where the content is natively in AAC (and thus, presumably, doesn't have to be re-encoded prior to transmission to the Bose headphones)? I would love this group's thoughts. Thx.

EDIT: In the Sound Science forum here there is a thread in which it is explained that AAC files are in fact decoded into PCM files and then re-encoded into AAC file for transmission via Bluetooth. So my assumption that they are transmitted directly without re-encoding is wrong. I guess my question really is whether there is a further loss of sonic information in that process. In other words, information is lost in the original encoding to AAC. When that AAC file is decoded and then re-encoded in AAC, is additional information lost? Is it preferable to decoding an Ogg Vorbis file to PCM and then re-encoding it to AAC? Or am I completely misunderstanding what is going on here?

Jun 10, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #2,484 of 3,643
I wouldn't characterize them as basshead cans, but they have a warm, full lower end. They are great headphones.

I have a question for all of you: I just put my Momentum 2 AEBT's aside for a new pair of Bose QC35's. The Bose support AAC, but the Sennheiser's didn't. 90% of my listening is on iOS or Mac devices. Does it make sense to switch from Spotify to Apple Music, where the content is natively in AAC (and thus, presumably, doesn't have to be re-encoded prior to transmission to the Bose headphones)? I would love this group's thoughts. Thx.

The main reason I switched to Apple Music is the integration of siri and iTunes. I know Apple will be breaking up the two in iOS 10 but for me I really like AM. As far as the QC35s I'm heading to the Bose store next week to give them a try WITH my iPhone so I can hear what My music on AM sounds like. Its the only reason I go to the Bose store - they let me play for hours if I want.

Jun 11, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #2,485 of 3,643
On cans i listen only in house:) i know i can use wired headphobes but i love that i dont have to worry about a cable:)
I like m2bt but i dont want stay with tem:frowning2:
Maybe i order V-moda and try them with my iPhone?
Dont know what to do, i cant make my ears stronger for m2bt:p

Jun 13, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #2,486 of 3,643
On cans i listen only in house:) i know i can use wired headphobes but i love that i dont have to worry about a cable:)
I like m2bt but i dont want stay with tem:frowning2:
Maybe i order V-moda and try them with my iPhone?
Dont know what to do, i cant make my ears stronger for m2bt:p

VModa is probably a good choice to use with iPhone. Shame they don't have ANC though.
They don't support aptx so not convinced about using them with non Apple devices

Edit - But definately get the XL pads if you get them. They are uncomfortable without

Jun 13, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #2,487 of 3,643
Hi Giogio,
Your review about BT headphones is very comprehensive and match with actual quality.
Before reading yor review, I bought Backbeat pro instead of XB950BT after comparing in a minute only.
It turns out that you put the 950BT at far lower rank. So it consistent with me.
But I didnt see bluedio vinyl, T3+ and victory in your list of comparison.
I wanna hear your opinion since most of reviewer give very good feedback.

Thanks

Jun 14, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #2,488 of 3,643
Would I be crazy to consider the Beats Studio Wireless? It seems to tick all boxes:
Basshead - yes
ANC - yes
APTx - This isn't clear whether it's supported, but the aptx website seems to say yes?
Looks good - subjective but it's a yes from me
Over ear - yes

Seems nothing else is offering all of the above features?

Jun 14, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #2,489 of 3,643
I have had and greatly enjoyed the Beats Studio 2.0 Wireless headphones. Here is a comparison I made to the Parrot Zik 1.0 and Sennheiser PXC 320 BT.Here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back