Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Jun 20, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #2,492 of 3,643
Hi Giogio, 

Can you please review Bose QC 35 and Sony 1ABT? Right now they're the only two pairs that can fit my ears.

(I've tried ABN100 but unfortunately its ear pads are too small and not replaceable. And its ANC broke within a week)

QC35 is definitely more portable than 1ABT, and have more feature like ANC. On the other hand 1ABT has overall better review about sound quality. I'd like to hear from your professional opinion before making decision.

I often listen to movie soundtrack like :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lyGN5qdU44

And this kind of music (Don't know what this genre call...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G9CPZ8Zd7k

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #2,497 of 3,643
It's gone very quiet on here!....is it a case that we're all waiting eagerly for Giogio's huge comparison??

Everyone has gone back to wired headphones.

wink_face.gif

Jul 12, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #2,501 of 3,643
Just picked up a pair of AKG Y50BT from Amazon Prime Day for £79, so will see what they're like.  I can't justify the Beoplay H8, so hopefully the AKG will be fine.  Not seen much of the AKG on here to be honest, so taking a mild risk.

Jul 13, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #2,503 of 3,643
It is an interesting time to buy Bluetooth headphones especially if one is waiting for the best technology.
Bluetooth 5.0 was announced in June 2016 and it will take some time before 5.0 headphones are released, most probably after the first 5.0 mobile phones (maybe iPhone 7 and next flagship Samsung Phones later this year). However BT 5.0 may not deliver better audio, but certainly will have greater range and is also set for iOT INTERNET OF THINGS, such as next generation smart home hubs where Bluetooth and wifi talk to each other. BT 5.0 range is expected to be upto 4 times greater (wow). Bose informed me that the audio quality will not improve "Bose UK Technical a staff".

For better audio quality AptX HD is coming which will be an improvement over current Aptx (380 kbps - about cd quality). You can go to AptX website to see the details. The new AptX HD will do this at 24 bit - so forget wires. Actually may sound better than most wired headphones as the audio quality from wired headphones is limited to the wire quality. i.e, silver dragons for HD650's are known to improve audio sound depending on individual opinions ofcourse.

Maybe Apple will improve on AAC.

BY THE WAY ON A MAC YOU CAN SET AAC BIT RATE MANUALLY VIA THE BLUETOOTH EXPLORER TOOL AND TO ME IT SOUNDS AS GOOD AS CURRENT APTX. I EXPERIMENTED AND COULD NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN APTX AND HIGH BIT RATE AAC ON THE APPLE IMAC COMPUTER.

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #2,504 of 3,643
  Just picked up a pair of AKG Y50BT from Amazon Prime Day for £79, so will see what they're like.  I can't justify the Beoplay H8, so hopefully the AKG will be fine.  Not seen much of the AKG on here to be honest, so taking a mild risk.

Shoot, was that UK only? I don't recall seeing them on Amazon US yesterday. 

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #2,505 of 3,643
Hi All,

Does anyone have I good advice for a pair of on ears, used mainly in the gym and at home with a max of € 150,- ?
There is so much available, but don't know what's good :frowning2:

Spotted a nice deal for a pair of Harman Kardon Soho, but it seems they do not have a tight fit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back