Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Jul 19, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #2,521 of 3,643
I can't agree more with: 
there is not such a thing as one absolute best headphone. There are many differently excellent ones. You must try a few and decide which one is the "best for you".
People always follow the best ones chosen by geeks. They don't have their own idea. This resulted in the ignorance of other great headphones. 

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #2,522 of 3,643
  I can't agree more with: 
there is not such a thing as one absolute best headphone. There are many differently excellent ones. You must try a few and decide which one is the "best for you".
People always follow the best ones chosen by geeks. They don't have their own idea. This resulted in the ignorance of other great headphones. 

Yep, so true!

Jul 19, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #2,523 of 3,643
  I can't agree more with: 

Depending on the "geek" and whether their taste align with yours sometimes it is still useful to begin with those "opinions", but ultimately to make up your own mind after trying.

Jul 26, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #2,527 of 3,643

My concern is they're ~300 grams, which is too heavy for me when it comes to portables

Most full-size BT cans in this class will have similar weight.  For comparison, the Sennheiser Momentums 2.0 Wireless are some of the lightest at 260 g and Bose QC 35 are 309 g.

They're certainly not designed for jogging but you should be able to wear them comfortably for many hours as long as the cups are a good fit for your ears and Sony's portable cans are some of the most comfortable out there.

I have the MDR-1ABT, which weigh the same, and I often forget I'm wearing them, especially when the playback is paused, until someone starts talking to me.

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #2,528 of 3,643

My concern is they're ~300 grams, which is too heavy for me when it comes to portables

The weight really is of no concern, you don't even feel them. 
Must say I am really impressed by them, a well balanced sound with a nice bass (not overpowered). 
They are really comfortable to wear!!

Noise Cancellation: this is my first pair of headphones with this function and I really like it. 
It does add a little hissing sound (somewhere else described as a distant rain), but you only hear it when there is no music playing and it seems to be "worse" when the battery is low. 
But again, really impressed!

Jul 27, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #2,529 of 3,643
The excellent sounding ONKYO H500BT that I reviewed weighs a cool 191 grams. A true portable and also has what I think is an ideal, contemporary portable sound signature. My review:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/onkyo-sealed-wireless-headphone-bluetooth-enabled-nfc-support-remote-control-with-microphone-h500btb-black/reviews/16356

Jul 31, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #2,530 of 3,643

Beoplay H7s sound great but those stupid lamb skin earpads don't seem even remotely durable. They should have gone with a more durable leather or something synthetic. Doesn't help that the replacement earpads are $100 USD.

Getting rid of them. They just don't offer much to justify the price premium over the sr5bt.

Jul 31, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #2,531 of 3,643
Love my H7. I can't comment on SR5BT as I haven't heard it, but the H7 is pretty damn special in my mind. Removable battery, don't see that much. I just really respond to the B&O sound signature I guess. I know Macedonianhero after reviewing the H7 put them as his #3 portable headphone with the Sine at top-spot.

Jul 31, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #2,532 of 3,643
  Love my H7. I can't comment on SR5BT as I haven't heard it, but the H7 is pretty damn special in my mind. Removable battery, don't see that much. I just really respond to the B&O sound signature I guess. I know Macedonianhero after reviewing the H7 put them as his #3 portable headphone with the Sine at top-spot.

The SR5BT last ~35 hrs on a single charge so a removable battery is a bit pointless in comparison.

The H7s scratch easily on the anodized aluminum and lamb skin. My philosophy is that expensive goods should look and feel durable and not need babying. The H7s just don't fit the bill. Frankly, B&O isn't my cup of tea- they're one of those premium brands that carved out a niche for themselves not by making products that warrant the price premium over other reputable brands but by selling the concept of prestige.

As for the sound, they sound really good but still lack the clarity of the SR5BTs. Not to mention they're barely portable @ 290 grams.

If the SR5BT "looked" more expensive, the H7s wouldn't even be worth discussing. My only allegiance is to my bank account and I still can't find anything to warrant the price premium on the H7s.

Jul 31, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #2,533 of 3,643
  The SR5BT last ~35 hrs on a single charge so a removable battery is a bit pointless in comparison.

The H7s scratch easily on the anodized aluminum and lamb skin. My philosophy is that expensive goods should look and feel durable and not need babying. The H7s just don't fit the bill. Frankly, B&O isn't my cup of tea- they're one of those premium brands that carved out a niche for themselves not by making products that warrant the price premium over other reputable brands but by selling the concept of prestige.

As for the sound, they sound really good but still lack the clarity of the SR5BTs. Not to mention they're barely portable @ 290 grams.

If the SR5BT "looked" more expensive, the H7s wouldn't even be worth discussing. My only allegiance is to my bank account and I still can't find anything to warrant the price premium on the H7s.

I hear you, I don't agree, but that is fine. I think the build quality is exceptional. Can they scratch? Sure, and I guess you could question the point of using such expensive material, but I paid full retail and I don't mind. I think the tonality of the H7 is simply excellent, but of course as with any sound signature, we all have different preferences. I find them fine as a portable, but I also don't really find the LCD 2 that bad either, mind you, not for portable use. I also wonder if longevity will be an issue. I don't know this, but given the track record B&O products have for lasting construction, I am expecting my H7 with a battery I can change out to last some time. Time will tell, either way I'm pretty happy with the H7. Glad to hear you are equally happy with your SR5BT. Cheers.

Aug 4, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #2,535 of 3,643
Why do you consider the BeoPlay H7 to not be durable? I've used mine about everyday for over half a year and they still look really good. I got a pair for my girlfriend as well, and here's are the "Natural" model which are more easily "damaged" due to beige colour on the leather. They still look awesome, but she mostly use them inside the house and on plane rides. I on the other hand uses my on commute to work every day, and I tend to jog for 20 minutes between buss rides so mine have to deal with sweat as well.

I've managed to bump my H7's into objects from time to time, and they still look impeccable. The only thing that doesn't seem to be that durable are the ear muffs. It's not the leather that is the problem, but rather it's filling. I feel like they loose their shape all too easy, mine still look good and all but they don't have the same fit and finish as I would like them to have.

I have been testing various "high-end" Bluetooth headphones;

- Beats Studio Wireless
- B&W P5 Wireless
- Denon AH-GC20
- Bose QC35
- B&O BeoPlay H7
- B&O BeoPlay H8
- Samsung Over-Ear Wireless
- Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Wireless (M2OEBT)
- Sennheiser Momentum Around-Ear Wireless (M2AEBT)
- Philips Fidelio M2BT

I've ende up with the BeoPlay H7. They are simply the best all-around wireless headphones of the bunch if you enjoy detailed, natural/flat signature headphones. They features really great battery life, fantastic design and finish, are really lightweight for their size, they got great bluetooth range and stability compared to most of the others, it's one of few that actually support Bluetooth-AAC for Apple devices and both the ear muffs and battery are easily replaceable.

The only ones I've found to have superior bluetooth are the brand new Bose QC35. They've got about the same range and stability, but that new "multi-point/device" bluetooth is great if you have multiple devices you are shuffling between. But their fit and finish is not as good, neither is the audio. But if you want ANC they would be a better choice compared to the BeoPlay H7.

In terms of audio quality, one might argue that Sennheiser M2AEBT matches and even beats the H7's. They are both superb, the H7's feels more open and wide-stage, while the M2AEBT feels more intimate and smoother. But all the various revision I've tried of the M2AEBT have all had really poor Bluetooth range and stability and they have a really clunky design. They are really large and heavy. And you can't disable the ANC.. And there is no way for end-users to update their firmware.

I can't really see any other headphones being able to replace my BeoPlay H7's any time soon. Not until Bluetooth v5.x gets widespread and starts getting integrated into phones, notebooks and headphones. But I suspect that will take at least 1,5-2 years. If rumours holds true and Apple ditches the headphone jack on the iPhone 6 SE / 7 in September we might see Apple having their own solution to wireless headphones with improvements over what we currently got with Bluetooth v4.x but we would still need to wait for new headphones to be released that would support whatever Apple comes up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back