Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Aug 4, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #2,536 of 3,643
@RamGuy I couldn't agree more with you, I still love the H7 and as you said, the totality of sound quality, design, quality construction and Bluetooth stability/quality makes it a winner. I found the AH-GC20 horrid I'm sorry to say, how did you find it?

Aug 9, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #2,537 of 3,643
I have been testing various "high-end" Bluetooth headphones;

- Beats Studio Wireless
- B&W P5 Wireless
- Denon AH-GC20
- Bose QC35
- B&O BeoPlay H7
- B&O BeoPlay H8
- Samsung Over-Ear Wireless
- Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Wireless (M2OEBT)
- Sennheiser Momentum Around-Ear Wireless (M2AEBT)
- Philips Fidelio M2BT

That's a fairly comprehensive list with some notable exceptions such as Sony MDR-1ABT, Sony MDR-100ABN (aka h.ear on) and Definitive Technology Symphony 1.

The Symphony may not be easy to come by in some geographies but I believe both Sony's are widely available.  The h.ear on has ANC, physical controls, foldable design and great modern styling.  The 1ABT has touch controls (a matter of taste but I rather like it).  The sound signatures of the two Sony's are also quite different so definitely have a listen to both.

Importantly, both Sony's are capable of hi-res (up to 24 bit / 96 kHz) wireless audio with a compatible source device (any recent Sony Walkman from under $200 or an Xperia phone).  As a former hi-res sceptic I have been converted after hearing the difference between AptX and LDAC on some DSDs.

Aug 10, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #2,538 of 3,643

Retracted

Aug 10, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #2,539 of 3,643
Well, safe to assume that Giogio has abandoned the community and this thread. Hopefully he is only angry and not hurt or otherwise unable to participate. If he is doing this by choice I wonder if he has returned all of those headphones? Shame for those who waited for this. I wish you well Giogio, shame about the thread, but I still can't imagine why you would simply give up? I heard about a pretty minor setback trying to return a headphone, but I can't imagine how that could result in such a profound reaction. Has anybody had contact with Giogio since this silence began?

Aug 11, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #2,540 of 3,643
I've tried... no response. He pretty much said this is what he would do the last time we emailed. (He was extremely upset about the headphone return issue.)

This happened last year when the Amazon thing happened. He eventually returned after that--so maybe there's hope.

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #2,541 of 3,643
Hi fellas....newbie here.  I've been reading this thread and gotten lots of good info.  I wanted you opinion on 3 headphones...the JBL 700 Elite vs Sony MDR770BN vs Plantronics Backbeat Pro.  I think I'm leaning toward the BBP based on everything I've read.  One of the selling points for me is that it's got multi-point feature which I don't believe the other 2 have as well as the ability to hear people without having to take the headphones off your head. 

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #2,542 of 3,643
Also on a side note....has anyone heard of fake or knock off backbeat pro's?  I found a pair on ebay for around $60 bucks brand new shipped from China and I'm thinking "That's gotta be fake".  But wanted to double check with the experts.  If it's legit, that's a helluva price.

Aug 22, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #2,543 of 3,643
Hi fellas....newbie here.  I've been reading this thread and gotten lots of good info.  I wanted you opinion on 3 headphones...the JBL 700 Elite vs Sony MDR770BN vs Plantronics Backbeat Pro.  I think I'm leaning toward the BBP based on everything I've read.  One of the selling points for me is that it's got multi-point feature which I don't believe the other 2 have as well as the ability to hear people without having to take the headphones off your head. 

Try BBT out in a store. I had only 3 issues with them..
1) Earpads not replaceable if they rip after use. They are like hardwired in literally lol
2) bit on heavy side but not easily noticeable.
3) if you have big ears, the pads will touch your ears and get uncomfortable/sweaty after a while. I have fairly large ears so my ear lobes would touch & get uncomfortable.

Otherwise, they are great headphones. Better than JBL 700 Elite and Sony MDR770BN.. Do consider PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ too. What is your budget?

I'm considering for myself V-moda crossfade wireless, Sennheiser momentum 2.0 wireless, Bose QuietComfort 35 and Sony MDR-100ABN, but those are on the expensive side. I have $135 I got from selling BBT and $100 bestbuy giftcard so I may put it to use.

Aug 22, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #2,544 of 3,643
I checked 3 different bestbuys and no one had the backbeat pro for demo. Unless I need to go to a magnolia store? My budget is right around $150 and i wanted noise cancelling so that's another reason I like the bbp. Those pendulumic look nice but Austin it doesn't have anc

Aug 22, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #2,545 of 3,643
I checked 3 different bestbuys and no one had the backbeat pro for demo. Unless I need to go to a magnolia store? My budget is right around $150 and i wanted noise cancelling so that's another reason I like the bbp. Those pendulumic look nice but Austin it doesn't have anc

I guess you could buy it from BestBuy. If you don't like it, return it for full refund. You are good for 30 days. Be sure to verify in the store.

Aug 23, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #2,547 of 3,643
I checked Best Buy website and they don't even sell BackBeat Pros online

Oh wow. I got mine from Amazon. I guess you could try Amazon. Amazon is very good with returns for up to 30 days if you are okay with shipping it. I am surprised local stores don't carry it.

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #2,549 of 3,643
  Those who have the Audio Technica WS99BT, is there a difference in sound quality wired v. wireless ? 

It would depend on the DAC and amp you wired it to. In general the differences will be modest unless you specifically try to find a DAC/amp that sounds different, which will be in your control of course. I thought the WS99BT was nice when I used it with my iDSD Micro for instance.

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #2,550 of 3,643
  It would depend on the DAC and amp you wired it to. In general the differences will be modest unless you specifically try to find a DAC/amp that sounds different, which will be in your control of course. I thought the WS99BT was nice when I used it with my iDSD Micro for instance.

Good to know, thanks. Just contemplating using them as dual duty cans, wireless when walking the dogs & wired when gaming/movie watching. 

Can you comment on the sound stage/instrument separation? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back