HM-901
Aug 29, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #1,832 of 3,522
Aug 29, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #1,834 of 3,522
The old old old argument of apple is better ergonomically. Ipods only work because they force on you their stupid itunes, which messes with your library if you are not careful. Besides there is no way to just drag and drop files. Your files are also polluted with tons of useless tags. Finally, if your ipod classic is filled with 160g of music, the UI WILL be slow.

And finally if a few bugs are corrected, I find the 901 UI really simple to use. And the ak120 works just fine.

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #1,835 of 3,522
Anakchan, do I have this right - you flew from Tokyo to Perth for a HF meet and only one person turned up ? If so, I'm very sorry to hear that. 

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #1,836 of 3,522
[OT]
Anakchan, do I have this right - you flew from Tokyo to Perth for a HF meet and only one person turned up ? If so, I'm very sorry to hear that. 

No not as bad as that. I flew back there to see my folks, and every time I fly back to Perth I try to organise a meet bringing what I can. Had tentatively planned to meet 3-4 folks, but scheduling was difficult.
[/OT]

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #1,838 of 3,522
I just received the 901 after work, but I cannot turn it on even when plugged to power cord.... any tips guys?

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #1,839 of 3,522
Quote:
I just received the 901 after work, but I cannot turn it on even when plugged to power cord.... any tips guys?

Try pushing and HOLD the power switch longer.

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #1,840 of 3,522
Quote:

Try pushing and HOLD the power switch longer.

Thanks, kkcc.. it turns out I need to reset the machine and then it would turn on.. the device was fully charged... I am on 1.06 firmware.. is there a need to upgrade?

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #1,841 of 3,522
Quote:
Thanks, kkcc.. it turns out I need to reset the machine and then it would turn on.. the device was fully charged... I am on 1.06 firmware.. is there a need to upgrade?

I'm on 1.081beta and don't have any major issue.  Among the nagging ones, the one bugged me most is the missing first second of the track when it play the first track from STOP, or when FF/RW a track.  

There are reports saying older (pre .cue and DSD support) firmware was more stable but mine came with 1.076 with .cue support already so I cannot comment.  If you don't use .cue or DSD files than you may want to play around and see if you like it.  One thing that bugged people and got fixed is the alphabetical ordering.  Maybe for that alone you want to go to the latest 1.081beta.

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #1,842 of 3,522
Quote:

I'm on 1.081beta and don't have any major issue.  Among the nagging ones, the one bugged me most is the missing first second of the track when it play the first track from STOP, or when FF/RW a track.  

There are reports saying older (pre .cue and DSD support) firmware was more stable but mine came with 1.076 with .cue support already so I cannot comment.  If you don't use .cue or DSD files than you may want to play around and see if you like it.  One thing that bugged people and got fixed is the alphabetical ordering.  Maybe for that alone you want to go to the latest 1.081beta.

thanks for the tip. will try to update over the weekend... now trying to make some sonic sense of this 1000 dollar plastic box... LoL

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #1,843 of 3,522
I took the battery out last night and plugged in tha ac adaptor to Break in the balanced card and 901. This morning no sound. Screen said no battery. I put the battery back in and the unit is dead. It will not power up. I think I need a replacement. Three years of R and D did not pay off in my opinion.

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #1,844 of 3,522
Quote:
I took the battery out last night and plugged in tha ac adaptor to Break in the balanced card and 901. This morning no sound. Screen said no battery. I put the battery back in and the unit is dead. It will not power up. I think I need a replacement. Three years of R and D did not pay off in my opinion.

That sucks... tried pushing the reset switch with a pin the try booting up again?  I had not try running it with charger and no batt.  I recall reading somewhere the charger is not designed to power the 901 directly and we'd need to docking station to run with wall outlets.  The charger is strictly for charging only.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back