HM-901
Aug 26, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #1,786 of 3,522
Quote:
Discounted program for the IEM card.

got it... I am just gonna focus on the balance card for the time being....it is a lot of $ for me already...
redface.gif

Aug 27, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #1,787 of 3,522
kingston 128 GB doesnt work on mine, it can play music but the player keeps resetting with it. when I use other cards they work fine. 

Try these:
1. Format it in exFAT if you are using FAT32. Seen a few case where fat32 caused restarts

2. Remove non music or album art files. Some .trash .spotlight files screwed with my ak120 db indexing so may also be a possible cause.

3. Do a chkdsk on the SD card for any corrupted files or bad sectors. Saw reports with those issue causing restart too.

4. If all else failed tried to copy files over in small batches and find out the offending files/folder.

Hope these helps....

Aug 27, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #1,788 of 3,522
Just received tracking info from HeadDirect....... so pumped........ although wont be able to get the cables in time.... still happy.. buying the SD card first thing!

Aug 28, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #1,789 of 3,522
Just sent my Future Firmware Ideas and Ideals to Hifiman,

I have a few UI ideas for future firmware that I (and lots of other HM901 enthusiasts I have communicated with) would love to see.

It would be great to be able to turn shuffle on and off without having to go through all the menus, perhaps a button shortcut.

I feel it is essential to be able to shuffle within a chosen directory, not just in an "album" or "all songs".

If you are in "all songs", pressing back during a track should take you to the album that that track is in.

When scrolling alphabeticaly it would be much more efficient if you could also scroll from A straight up to Z. Scrolling is currently impractical on the 901 when you have a lot of songs and artists on your SD card.

Anything to improve startup and loading time.

And better album art support. Some of my albums show art. all of my albums have "cover.jpg" and an identical image "folder.jpg" but only a few, about 15% show the art. and I would rather see the whole square picture instead af a cropped portion.

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #1,790 of 3,522
Just sent my Future Firmware Ideas and Ideals to Hifiman,

I have a few UI ideas for future firmware that I (and lots of other HM901 enthusiasts I have communicated with) would love to see.

It would be great to be able to turn shuffle on and off without having to go through all the menus, perhaps a button shortcut.

I feel it is essential to be able to shuffle within a chosen directory, not just in an "album" or "all songs".

If you are in "all songs", pressing back during a track should take you to the album that that track is in.

When scrolling alphabeticaly it would be much more efficient if you could also scroll from A straight up to Z. Scrolling is currently impractical on the 901 when you have a lot of songs and artists on your SD card.

Anything to improve startup and loading time.

And better album art support. Some of my albums show art. all of my albums have "cover.jpg" and an identical image "folder.jpg" but only a few, about 15% show the art. and I would rather see the whole square picture instead af a cropped portion.

Already mentioned a few of them in fact. The biggest simple UI improvement is simply being able to press the return menu at the home screen which should take you back to the current playing window/song.

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #1,791 of 3,522
Just received the beast in the middle with balanced card...sounds really really nice. We will see how it fares against its smaller brother. I think the UI is just fine. Only problem is that after 5 songs the player bricked and needed a restart.

I suppose it is because I have not received my card yet and uses my Tera card which is in Fat32. Hope I get my Sandisk 128gb soon.

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #1,792 of 3,522
Quote:
Just received the beast in the middle with balanced card...sounds really really nice. We will see how it fares against its smaller brother. I think the UI is just fine. Only problem is that after 5 songs the player bricked and needed a restart.

I suppose it is because I have not received my card yet and uses my Tera card which is in Fat32. Hope I get my Sandisk 128gb soon.

Congrats on your HM-901! I don't think you'll go back to the others 
wink_face.gif

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #1,793 of 3,522

So tonight I received my Tralucent Uber cable back from a tour around Russia (accidental tour, wasn't supposed to have been sent). The Tralucent Uber is for the 1Plus2 earphone.

Trying a fully balanced solution with the HM-901 tonight I must say I'm rather impressed. I can't get into too much details as I've not spent enough time doing some critical listening, and I'm still burning in the cable, however playing around between balanced and unbalanced (with the Komkrit TRRS->SE Viablue Adapter), the sound staging and bass impact does seem to improve going balanced. More and more, 1Plus2 balanced to HM-901 start to sound like serious large headphone cans.

Aug 28, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #1,795 of 3,522
Aug 28, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #1,797 of 3,522
Quote:
Yep. But after only 5 songs I can say this is the SQ I have been looking for. This DAP sounds really really great. Airiness, authority, separation.

yes, they sounds the best out of dx100, ak120 and 901:wink:

Aug 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #1,800 of 3,522
Congratz Mim!  FAT32 is definitely no-no as many reported before.

Re sound comparison, not sure about Tera as I don't have it now, but AK120 stock is not gonna be much of a comparison....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back