Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600
Aug 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #1,846 of 3,507
Quote:
Much to my sadness.

that's why there's HD600 though, which I tbh do like a little bit more... 
wink.gif

Aug 4, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #1,847 of 3,507
Sounds a lot like the RE0...

The RE-400 reminded me a lot of the RE-0 that I no longer have...  The RE-600 sounds like a different phone with a different focus.  From measurements, both have less treble than the RE-0 :p 

Edit: Replaced "The RE-0 reminded me a lot of the RE-0" with "The RE-400 reminded me a lot of the RE-0"

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #1,848 of 3,507
Yes, the RE-400 does remind me a lot of the RE-0. What's different is that the RE0 was over-exaggerated between 1kHz-2kHz, and the it was probably slightly brighter than RE400 overall. In terms of bass, the RE0 lacked quite a bit of it. In terms of soundstage, the RE-400 has a much better one. All of this going off of auditory memory, which at this point is pretty vague.

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #1,849 of 3,507
I'm on my second pair of re400's the first pair after two weeks had the left channel go out and I only use them in bed.... They sent me a second pair, it's been 5 days and the left strain relief slid down and no longer sticks to the iem. I love the sound but am concerned about the build quality. I have over a dozen iems and haven't had anything this bad, even my cheap cheap pairs are not this bad.

Has anyone had any issues like mine?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Aug 4, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #1,851 of 3,507
Maybe they should increase RE-400 price by, say $20-30, if it mean better material and QC...

They probably just need to work the kinks they couldn't predict out. Smaller companies can't afford widespread and ultra-comprehensive testing. There will likely be improvements with every batch and they are handling the lemons well. Sure you don't want your purchase to be faulty but the company stands behind their consumers and there have been no reports of HiFIMAN giving anyone any trouble when dealing with a problematic set.

Besides, with the upcoming $98 :rolleyes: GR07 Classic that's a dangerous proposition.

Aug 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #1,852 of 3,507
My pair has both channels cutting out.  Two weeks of use.  Customer service is very good.  They emailed me quickly to let me know where to send it.  I've bought a lot of IEMs and headphones from HiFiman so I'm inclined to continue my patronage.  My 262 lasted 3 years before I traded it off so I know they can build quality IEMs that last.  However, some of these things like channels cutting out do not appear on the surface to be a hard to predict issue as I have cheapy IEMs that I use for exercise that have no problem with normal wear and tear.  I could be wrong though about predicting these types of issues.  I would pay a little more for something like the RE-400 with better build qualities.  The sound quality for me justifies a slight bump in cost for better materials.  In the end it may save them money for not having to deal with returns.  We don't know the frequency of the cutting out channels so maybe not a huge issue for them and not worth the bump in price for better materials or QC.

Quote:
I'm on my second pair of re400's the first pair after two weeks had the left channel go out and I only use them in bed.... They sent me a second pair, it's been 5 days and the left strain relief slid down and no longer sticks to the iem. I love the sound but am concerned about the build quality. I have over a dozen iems and haven't had anything this bad, even my cheap cheap pairs are not this bad.

Quote:
They probably just need to work the kinks they couldn't predict out. Smaller companies can't afford widespread and ultra-comprehensive testing. There will likely be improvements with every batch and they are handling the lemons well. Sure you don't want your purchase to be faulty but the company stands behind their consumers and there have been no reports of HiFIMAN giving anyone any trouble when dealing with a problematic set.

Besides, with the upcoming $98
rolleyes.gif
GR07 Classic that's a dangerous proposition.

Aug 4, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #1,854 of 3,507
To HiFiMAN RE-400 owners. Sorry about any issues you are having. All of the feedback is being passed along to Fang and they are working on it. I think these are some early teething problems that have been (or are being) addressed. 

In the meantime, if anyone is having any problems, contact customer service and we will take care of you. 

Thanks,
Peter

Aug 4, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #1,855 of 3,507
To HiFiMAN RE-400 owners. Sorry about any issues you are having. All of the feedback is being passed along to Fang and they are working on it. I think these are some early teething problems that have been (or are being) addressed. 

In the meantime, if anyone is having any problems, contact customer service and we will take care of you. 

Thanks,
Peter

Pretty much what I said above. You guys are doing a great job with this. :beerchug:

Aug 5, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #1,857 of 3,507
Quote:

Thanks,
Peter

Now THAT'S what I call responsive customer service.     Kudo's.......... !!!!

Aug 5, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #1,858 of 3,507
Not sure about others here, but I know my 600s have been delayed in shipping out, and the reason given was QC issues. They seem to know something isn't quite right, and while my 400s are my first HiFiMANs (HiFiMEN?), I know I was unafraid to buy (and buy again), having seen how well they seem to handle support issues. Keep it up! (Oh, and I've yet to have any issues with my 400s… fingers crossed, I guess!)

Aug 5, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #1,859 of 3,507
Yes hifiman has incredible customer service. I was emailing with Summer back and forth, she was great. Got my new pair. I put some super glue around the strain relief under the driver and slid it back up so it doesn't look weird. It looks like it did when I got it last week. Hopefully this didn't void my warranty I just put a dab of superglue on the cable.

Aug 5, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #1,860 of 3,507

Yes I have the exact same problem with the left strain relief. It slid all the way down. I hope my channel does not go out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back