= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 23, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #2,746 of 21,175
  The more I listen to these HE560, the more I love them. Ended up I've sold the TH900 and T1 in the past two weeks, now I'm selling the HD800 as well. No point keeping these open back headphones (well, the TH900 is closed back, but it's more or less like an open back one) with HE560 lying around, to me at least :)  

sounds very promising :)
theres a bargain at the moment for the t-1, but such a statement lets my peacefully wait for the final version.
comfort and sonic realism are my top priorities :wink:

May 23, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #2,749 of 21,175
Hi Matt, that info on Headfonia came from me and I got it from Fang. We are bringing the latest HE-560 and HE-400i with us to The Newport Show next week and if all goes well, we will be shipping HE-560 by mid-June and HE-400i later in June. 

Fang reports that HiFiMAN has continued to improve both models and that they are sounding better than ever. We just have to make sure all the niggling issues have been resolved. 

Until they actually ship, everything is a target date. 
biggrin.gif

Peter

May 23, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #2,750 of 21,175
Thanks Peter
Looking forward to 560/400i comparisons from the Newport Show then :D
And looking forward to my very own 560 [or 400i?
eek.gif
 Those comparisons prior to release will be useful] 
popcorn.gif

May 23, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #2,751 of 21,175
  Hi Matt, that info on Headfonia came from me and I got it from Fang. We are bringing the latest HE-560 and HE-400i with us to The Newport Show next week and if all goes well, we will be shipping HE-560 by mid-June and HE-400i later in June. 

Fang reports that HiFiMAN has continued to improve both models and that they are sounding better than ever. We just have to make sure all the niggling issues have been resolved. 

Until they actually ship, everything is a target date. 
biggrin.gif

Peter

Thank you for confirming. It's certainly appreciated that you take the time to keep us up to date on where you are with both of these products. I know that team Hifiman is grateful for all of us who put down our hard earned money in anticipation of a great product and for our patience while the product is delayed well past the scheduled release date. 

Of course we all want a "finished" product out of the gate on launch day whenever that may be. Personally I'm willing to wait until the product is right rather than have to deal with problems or issues that require sending the product back. 

Please keep us up to date as your schedule allows and don't forget that we are all waiting patiently for news from you. Could you elaborate on the changes that you mentioned earlier and if possible please share a picture of the latest revision?

Matt

May 23, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #2,752 of 21,175
Matt, I don't have any current images but expect to around Newport.

Best bet is for us to post an update once we have the new 560s and at that point, we should have more clarity on when we are shipping. 

Thanks for your continued interest.

Peter

May 23, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #2,754 of 21,175
Ok so when is that date so I can expect an image then.?Thanks
Oh next week.. ok

May 23, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #2,756 of 21,175
  Matt, I don't have any current images but expect to around Newport.

Best bet is for us to post an update once we have the new 560s and at that point, we should have more clarity on when we are shipping. 

Thanks for your continued interest.

Peter

Thanks, Peter.

Will preview models of the 400i be sent out as they were for the 560?

May 23, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #2,759 of 21,175
There's a thread on THE Show Newport here: THE Show Newport: Head fi style . Depending on things, I may go. I'm sure there will be people posting pics of stuff they see there in the impressions thread. I'm sure the HE-560 will be a featured part of that.

May 23, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #2,760 of 21,175
  The production version has been finalized, and is currently in the final stage of testing. It looks a lot different than the ones you have seen. Personally i really like the new look. It has a more contemporary and modern feel.

Yes, that's true. But I mean HFM could bring out a corresponding model with the same tonal signature but without wood, just a personal dream....

rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back