or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › T.H.E. Headphonium 2014 (May 30th, 2014 ~ June 1st, 2014) @ T.H.E. Show in Newport 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T.H.E. Headphonium 2014 (May 30th, 2014 ~ June 1st, 2014) @ T.H.E. Show in Newport 2014 - Page 6  

post #76 of 214
@mikemercer I'm building a special playlist just for you! Patrcia Barber, Diana Krall, Keith Don't Go, and for the finale, the f#%&ing Firebird!
post #77 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by russtafarian View Post

I'll be there. In addition to the headphonominal stuff, I'll be hosting the LAOCAS hospitality suite Saturday morning (Hilton 831). Stop by to relax (your ears), refresh (with a cold drink), and recharge (you smart phone or tablet).

I'll also be spinning multi-channel sets in the Zu Audio room throughout the show.
post #78 of 214
That all sounds killer, Russ. Looking forward to good times in the LAOCAS suite. Still digging the joe frank show you turned me onto, too!
post #79 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by russtafarian View Post

@mikemercer I'm building a special playlist just for you! Patrcia Barber, Diana Krall, Keith Don't Go, and for the finale, the f#%&ing Firebird!

YEAH YEAH! all my FAVES!!!! :confused_face(1):

Droppin some of you 24/96 vinyl rips into my AK120 right now!!!!

Joy Division, the Smiths, DOPE!!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Seislove View Post

That all sounds killer, Russ. Looking forward to good times in the LAOCAS suite. Still digging the joe frank show you turned me onto, too!

I ALWAYS look forward to times in an LAOCAS suite! there's always food!

Joe Frank??

 

@russtafarian  - we also wanna s/w you about writing up the DSD portion of our Audio360 review of the Benchmark DAC2 HGC!!

Since we're not DSD guys - and you the man - wanna guest reviewer on that with us????

I'm really enjoying the unit - and it goes off to Michael next! aka @HiFiGuy528  - and where you been in this thread G???

post #80 of 214

Warren, I forgot to mention I'm having a show special also... the Bravissimo is $700 (regular price $800). Price is good for two weeks past the show in case I can't fill all the orders.

post #81 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeng View Post
 

Warren, I forgot to mention I'm having a show special also... the Bravissimo is $700 (regular price $800). Price is good for two weeks past the show in case I can't fill all the orders.

we'll make sure that gets posted!

post #82 of 214
Thread Starter 

   Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by russtafarian View Post

@mikemercer I'm building a special playlist just for you! Patrcia Barber, Diana Krall, Keith Don't Go, and for the finale, the f#%&ing Firebird!

YEAH YEAH! all my FAVES!!!! :confused_face(1):

Droppin some of you 24/96 vinyl rips into my AK120 right now!!!!

Joy Division, the Smiths, DOPE!!

 

Those were vinyl rips?  Well at least there's no Jazz at the f#%&ing Pawnshop.  ;)


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

post #83 of 214

We also are holding a show special, all headphones are 10% off, including the Alphas.  

post #84 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by russtafarian View Post

@mikemercer I'm building a special playlist just for you! Patrcia Barber, Diana Krall, Keith Don't Go, and for the finale, the f#%&ing Firebird!


I'm going to personally distribute my karaoke performance of those stale show staples in all formats and at every sample/bit rate! 😀
post #85 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
 

We also are holding a show special, all headphones are 10% off, including the Alphas.  

We'll be sure to post that up Dan!! ASAP

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Seislove View Post


I'm going to personally distribute my karaoke performance of those stale show staples in all formats and at every sample/bit rate! 😀

Dean - now, for THAT - I'd pay the cost of THREE LAOCAS Memberships! :deadhorse:

post #86 of 214

I can make it Sat. coming from AZ. Looking forward to Headphone and amp evaluations.

 

Gary

post #87 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary ocock View Post
 

I can make it Sat. coming from AZ. Looking forward to Headphone and amp evaluations.

 

Gary

GREAT Gary!!

Psyched you're gonna be able to make it out!

IF you're coming in early enough - we're having our Head-FIers breakfast (don't know when you're coming in of course) but here are the details:

 

Semi-Private Head-Fier's Breakfast

 

Date & Time:  Saturday, May 31st, 2014 @ 8:30a ~ 10:00a

Location:  Waterfalls Restaurant @ The Atrium Hotel

 

Hey, we all gotta eat right?  Might as well hang-out... grab some grub together... talk about music... catch up on what we've heard at T.H.E. Headphonium... and chill with manufacturers away from the hustle and bustle of the show floor!  :smile: 

 

And of course, this will probably turn into an ad-hoc mini meet as we whip out our portable rigs.  ;)  Once the breakfast is over, we'll all head on over to T.H.E. Headphonium together!

 

Please post in the thread if you would like to join us, that way we can get some kind of reservation going on to make sure everyone's got a seat at the table.  Here's who we've got so far:

 

@warrenpchi

@mikemercer

@morserotonin

@third_eye

@Frank I

@jw111

@Tyll Hertsens

@Dean Seislove

@David Pritchard

Raymond Li, Alpha Design Labs (ADL)

Simon Au, Alpha Design Labs (ADL)

Mike Johnson, Pendulumic

Chunbeng Quek, Pendulumic

Alex Rosson, Audeze

Chuck Reynolds (+2), JH Audio

@HiFiGuy528, Woo Audio

Jack Wu, Woo Audio

Dan Clark, MrSpeakers

Jason Stoddard, Schiit

@russtafarian

Alex Cavalli, Cavalli Audio

@gary ocock 

 

and ANYBODY ELSE wanna get in on the breakfast PLS be sure to RSVP here or PM me or @warrenpchi

 

oh, and thus far these are the two portable rigs I'll be bringin' to T.H.E Headphonium at T.H.E Show Newport:

I've been blown away by the ADL X1 this week!!!! I'm SO glad Raymond and I got a chance to catch-up on the phone,

it made me pull the thing out and mess with different combinations - I'm bringin' it for sure:

 

 

 

BOTH my Sennheiser Momentums and HD7s are wired w/ @scootermafia's  Double Helix Cables!

Molecule SE w/ Fusion on the Momentums

Molecule Elite on the HD7s!


Edited by mikemercer - 5/22/14 at 11:08pm
post #88 of 214
Mercer: Joe Frank... That name will be burning into your head like lactic acid burning into your quads on an uphill mountain bike ride. I'll introduce you @ Newport.
post #89 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by russtafarian View Post

Mercer: Joe Frank... That name will be burning into your head like lactic acid burning into your quads on an uphill mountain bike ride. I'll introduce you @ Newport.

REALLY - thems BIG words!

OK - I'm pumped!

post #90 of 214
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post

 

oh, and thus far these are the two portable rigs I'll be bringin' to T.H.E Headphonium at T.H.E Show Newport:

I've been blown away by the ADL X1 this week!!!! I'm SO glad Raymond and I got a chance to catch-up on the phone,

it made me pull the thing out and mess with different combinations - I'm bringin' it for sure:

 

 

 

BOTH my Sennheiser Momentums and HD7s are wired w/ @scootermafia's  Double Helix Cables!

Molecule SE w/ Fusion on the Momentums

Molecule Elite on the HD7s!

 

I'll be taking this:

 

 

And I'll also have a Beyerdynamic T51i (because it's more compact and sounds really good) as well as a UERM because that's the best neutral reference that I know of.


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › T.H.E. Headphonium 2014 (May 30th, 2014 ~ June 1st, 2014) @ T.H.E. Show in Newport 2014