= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 23, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #2,761 of 21,174
Sorry I totally understand.

Actually I contacted Hifiman about the exchange (to the updated version), they asked me to send back the existing one first. But after some talks with the nice customer service lady (Miss Guo), she agreed to let me hold the current one until the updated version is available :) 

My understanding is.. we hold on to the can and return only when we received the new one.

Think dr Fang did mentioned this in this thread... Let me see I can find it... Hopefully I am not dreaming..

May 23, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #2,762 of 21,174
My understanding is.. we hold on to the can and return only when we received the new one.

Think dr Fang did mentioned this in this thread... Let me see I can find it... Hopefully I am not dreaming..

I think you may be referring to post #2195

May 23, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #2,763 of 21,174
I think you may be referring to post #2195

And here is the post

We never intend to use anybody as a beta tester. Actually thousands of HE560 drivers, headband, packing box have been waiting for final assembling for weeks, and I wish to ship the product ASAP. I decide to delay and make some improvement after we got feedback from preorder customers and reviewers. HE560 headphones have to be the milestone product so that I will do my best to make the product perfect. That is the only reason we stopped preorder, and do trouble-shooting according the feedback from preorder customers/reviewers. We will confirm the shipping date on next week, but I promise we will not let you guys wait for a long time. After we fixed issues, we will ship the final headphones to all preorder customers before you ship the preorder headphone back. I will also provide $100 head-direct gift card for preorder customers to appreciate your feedback, support, and help.

Hope this is true...

May 23, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #2,765 of 21,174
  if Fang posted that its true,. Fang always keeps his word.

Sounds like that order needs to trickle down to the front line troops.  There shouldn't be a question about it, with pre-order customers having to argue their case.  Simply, it should be the policy.

Not that HFM won't honor that, since it's easily quoted back to them, just sayin'.

May 23, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #2,766 of 21,174
The dreaded "engineers disease" of getting things 100% perfect... If this was golf, the HE-560 would have been already 1ft away from the hole, your customers are willing to offer you a gimme, just get get down to the next tee so we can play ball (start listening to music)! Hifiman should refrain from offering pre-orders if development is going to happen like this, it is doing more harm than good if you can't stick to a schedule..

May 23, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #2,767 of 21,174
  The dreaded "engineers disease" of getting things 100% perfect... If this was golf, the HE-560 would have been already 1ft away from the hole, your customers are willing to offer you a gimme, just get get down to the next tee so we can play ball (start listening to music)! Hifiman should refrain from offering pre-orders if development is going to happen like this, it is doing more harm than good if you can't stick to a schedule..

+100.  Not a good business practice by any means.

May 23, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #2,768 of 21,174
They only offered pre-orders because head-fi members whined for it.  They're doing revisions because head-fi members whined for them.  People, you do realize that everything Hifiman is doing is a direct response to the community?  There aren't too many manufacturers out there that are so open and responsive to the community as Hifiman.  They're doing a perfectly fine job.

May 23, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #2,769 of 21,174
Agreed. I've never seen another company go to such lengths to satisfy every little demand of its customers. Let's all just sit back, relax, enjoy our current gear and let HFM do their thing. 
popcorn.gif

May 23, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #2,770 of 21,174
Oh yes enjoy your own gear that you already have.  Because when you're on head-fi and looking to buy the 560 you most certainly already have gear that would be considered end-game for 99% of the other populace in the world.  

May 23, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #2,771 of 21,174
A truer statement may have never been spoken.

May 23, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #2,772 of 21,174
  Oh yes enjoy your own gear that you already have.  Because when you're on head-fi and looking to buy the 560 you most certainly already have gear that would be considered end-game for 99% of the other populace in the world.  

Wow.  You're on fire today!

Yeah.  We are a forum of people looking for solutions to problems we don't have, but want to fix anyway.

May 23, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #2,773 of 21,174
I don't have an end-game setup... I fear it might take further investments :xf_eek:
But the HE-560 will hopefully tick the HP endgame category!
Or should postpone further upgraditis for a bit... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back