- 2,294 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: Bolingbrook, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 12/26/16 at 5:31am in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 147
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My preorder arrive a couple days ago and so far I have nothing to complain about. Huge improvement on the earpads as both the old leather and velour pads were very hard and uncomfortable. Headband comfort also improved, I always liked this style (kinda like Stax) more.
To be honest I did not even pay too much attention to the box as I put it away really fast and the headphones are either sitting on my head or the headphone stand.
Sound wise I cannot make out too big differences in terms of bass and mids between the HE560 and the HE500 but then again it has been sometime since I've heard the HE500. Same thing with soundstage. The striking thing to me was the treble extension and sparkle, which really amazed me. Imo the main strength of the HE560. Overall one of the best headphones in terms of tonal balance that I've listened so far.
I am following your posts and I hope I can help you. We apologize that the box you got is not as clean and we will fix this issue ASAP. The mixed velour and leather design on earpad improve sound quality a lot. However this mixed structure is complicated and can not be mass produced from manufacture line. The holes on the bottom of the packing box is to balance air pressure on both side of the nano-meter grade thickness diaphragm. Listening to a pair of headphones and enjoying music should be full of fun. If HE560 made you feel so uncomfortable, why not return for full refund? We will be happy to help you. If you decide to do so, please email your order info to my email email@example.com.
Great advice and great customer service to date on these, thank you. Question -- in order to squelch rumors before they begin, the HE560 is no longer available from hifiman.com, could you comment as to why? Thanks.
We will not sell the returned headphones to anyone else.
Edited by Nankai - 5/9/14 at 3:35pm
Great service! (Even though there shouldn't have been any problems to begin with. but no one is perfect)
I saw you complained about mid range of your HE560 headphones. Could you please let me know about your headphone amp? The midrange and vocal of HE560 should not be cold.
Edited by .Sup - 5/9/14 at 3:47pm
Can I please ask you to look at this thread and respond. Sorry if I sound intrusive but I'd really like to know if there is a possibility in the future. Its 1AM and I am sleepy. Thank you.
Sure we will do so after the product officially released.
I think the stock pads are great and one of the most comfy I've worn. a more evenly matched or mirrored look would be nice but I understand that's hard since these are very custom unlike other single material pads. not a big deal.
the cups have various imperfections but very minor and only noticeable when looking for em.
the yokes leaving scratches/scuffs is my only issue. a little bit more clearance would be nice so no wear would be made to the wood cups.
everything else seems up to par IMO.
I think the he-560 being so light can give off a "cheap" vibe to some people but these very minor issues aside, I like em a lot. I would say better than average (build wise).
it'll be interesting once my pm-1 gets here tomorrow though. those seem top of the line.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 36 seconds ago
- › iOS FLAC player 38 seconds ago
- › MSUR N650 / N550 / N350 any experience? 48 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 57 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Looking for New Gear Schiit jotunheim and Sennheiser HD 650 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear