- 2,253 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: Bolingbrook, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 9/30/16 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 147
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My preorder arrive a couple days ago and so far I have nothing to complain about. Huge improvement on the earpads as both the old leather and velour pads were very hard and uncomfortable. Headband comfort also improved, I always liked this style (kinda like Stax) more.
To be honest I did not even pay too much attention to the box as I put it away really fast and the headphones are either sitting on my head or the headphone stand.
Sound wise I cannot make out too big differences in terms of bass and mids between the HE560 and the HE500 but then again it has been sometime since I've heard the HE500. Same thing with soundstage. The striking thing to me was the treble extension and sparkle, which really amazed me. Imo the main strength of the HE560. Overall one of the best headphones in terms of tonal balance that I've listened so far.
I am following your posts and I hope I can help you. We apologize that the box you got is not as clean and we will fix this issue ASAP. The mixed velour and leather design on earpad improve sound quality a lot. However this mixed structure is complicated and can not be mass produced from manufacture line. The holes on the bottom of the packing box is to balance air pressure on both side of the nano-meter grade thickness diaphragm. Listening to a pair of headphones and enjoying music should be full of fun. If HE560 made you feel so uncomfortable, why not return for full refund? We will be happy to help you. If you decide to do so, please email your order info to my email email@example.com.
Great advice and great customer service to date on these, thank you. Question -- in order to squelch rumors before they begin, the HE560 is no longer available from hifiman.com, could you comment as to why? Thanks.
We will not sell the returned headphones to anyone else.
Edited by Nankai - 5/9/14 at 3:35pm
Great service! (Even though there shouldn't have been any problems to begin with. but no one is perfect)
I saw you complained about mid range of your HE560 headphones. Could you please let me know about your headphone amp? The midrange and vocal of HE560 should not be cold.
Edited by .Sup - 5/9/14 at 3:47pm
Can I please ask you to look at this thread and respond. Sorry if I sound intrusive but I'd really like to know if there is a possibility in the future. Its 1AM and I am sleepy. Thank you.
Sure we will do so after the product officially released.
I think the stock pads are great and one of the most comfy I've worn. a more evenly matched or mirrored look would be nice but I understand that's hard since these are very custom unlike other single material pads. not a big deal.
the cups have various imperfections but very minor and only noticeable when looking for em.
the yokes leaving scratches/scuffs is my only issue. a little bit more clearance would be nice so no wear would be made to the wood cups.
everything else seems up to par IMO.
I think the he-560 being so light can give off a "cheap" vibe to some people but these very minor issues aside, I like em a lot. I would say better than average (build wise).
it'll be interesting once my pm-1 gets here tomorrow though. those seem top of the line.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 7 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio 6SE - Right channel quieter 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear... 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 10 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear