**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
May 6, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #17,176 of 22,116
  If you do a search on this thread you'll see that it's been discussed a lot over the months. Awesome program it is. Btw check out signature, just something I made to make life easier for people who have many headphones/configurations...

Oh, I did a brief search and didn't see much on! My bad haha!

And yeah, it really is top notch equalizer. Easily the best software I've used in terms of HiFi. Nice to see someone else shares the same thoughts as I do! :)

EDIT: Just had a look at your config. Have you tried increasing the upper mid range instead of mass reduction on the treble section? I feel like actually getting to hear the upper mid range in line with the lower mid range is the area where the HE-400 benefits most from EQing with APO IMO. Because with that, and just a touch on around 9Khz from my experience, the frequency response is relatively neutral, with no peaks, yet engaging, as HE-400 is. Really feel transparency is on the next level just from neutral frequency, with the HE-400 prior to EQing veiled in comparison. I always thought that the HE-400 with the planar technology was technically a gifted pair of phones, but let down by the sound signature. I can truely understand why some people on Head-Fi stick with their planar phones now. It's just like me preferring my EQ modified HE-400 over the arguably better Beyer T1, simply due to the realistic sound planars can reproduce.

May 7, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #17,178 of 22,116
I'm often tempted to pick up another he400 with the crazy prices that they are going for now. Regardless of how the new offerings come out, this is an amazing hp at current prices. 

May 7, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #17,179 of 22,116
  I'm often tempted to pick up another he400 with the crazy prices that they are going for now. Regardless of how the new offerings come out, this is an amazing hp at current prices. 

How'd u like to pick up mine? 
biggrin.gif
 I'd give u a killer price.... HE-400i is very much on my radar.

May 7, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #17,180 of 22,116
A bit late in the game, but the Fostex T50RP square of sponge/dynamat (?) in front of the driver may tame that spike and make the upper region darker which is the kind of sig I like .....bass presence/texture/depth and tamed treble.

May 7, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #17,182 of 22,116
Hi.. currently using an e17 with the headphone.. im using foobar in normal settings.. i tried using wasapi or one of the components.. but it won't work with my old windows xp.. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.. should I be setting something in foobar to create a good sound.. I know software plays a part in the sound.. i'm using flac files.. thanks..

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

May 8, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #17,186 of 22,116
  Hi all. Managed to snag a used HE-400 in very good condition recently so I guess I'm part of the club too 
smily_headphones1.gif

Welcome.......and enjoy

May 8, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #17,187 of 22,116
haha...I will be hitting the pre-order button the day it becomes available. 

You know you can already preorder in some sites right?

May 8, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #17,188 of 22,116
Hi all. Managed to snag a used HE-400 in very good condition recently so I guess I'm part of the club too :)  

Welcome and... Happy listening, hope you enjoy it :atsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back