**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
May 4, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #17,161 of 22,116
So they were not a comfortable fit for you? Because of the thin headband or overall?

I have the HE-400 right know but just today i purchased HD650 and I will return the 400's and wait for the HE400i model.

The headband is a terrible design that creates a pressure point on top of your head.  The pads are too soft and shallow which squishes my ears against my glasses.

May 4, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #17,162 of 22,116
The headband is a terrible design that creates a pressure point on top of your head.  The pads are too soft and shallow which squishes my ears against my glasses.

Sounds pretty uncomfortable I also wear glasses, most of the time..
I think I'm going to give them a try and return them if they don't fit. :)

May 5, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #17,166 of 22,116
  Haha wow thats a lot of love for the headphones. I am inclined to get them since for 300$ i can get a Fiio E12 & Beyer DT990. 

definitely give them a shot! you can always return them (Amazon!!) if the sound doesn't agree with you 
beyersmile.png

May 5, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #17,167 of 22,116
Sorry it took so long to get back. I'm using a 6 ft. CablePro Panorama that cost close to $150. The overall sound is much cleaner and transient response has improved dramatically. It took a good 200 hours the finally break this cable in. The only downside is this cable has a large diameter and is rather stiff. However the build quality is fantastic. I paid an extra $10 to have a Supra 3.5mm plug which is the best out there. I know it cost 50% of what the headphones cost, but this is a cable will last for years. Was it worth the money? I'm going to say yes.

May 5, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #17,171 of 22,116
I gotta say. I recieved my he-400s the end of last week. These things are amazing. Aside from the cable I have yet to find any gripes. I ordered mine from razordog audio and they shipped me velour pads for free. Im waiting on the hifiman connectors in the mail then I can make my own cable.

Love these things. I have been super busy lately. Some nights Im exhausted but struggle through just to listen to these.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

May 6, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #17,172 of 22,116
I am interested about these phones. I was going to try them in my local store but I want to make sure that they sell newest revisions. I know color of driver tells revision but can you easily see drivers without taking them apart? Also would you run these with FiiO E10?Disembling

May 6, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #17,173 of 22,116
You'd have to take the earpads off, which is a 10 second process, and then put them back on, which is around a minute process if you're fast enough.  If you're doing it in a store though, maybe you'd ask a floor salesman.

May 6, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #17,174 of 22,116
guys, I came in here to recommend an awesome equalizer software for our HE-400.

We all know the flaws of HE-400. It's a known fact that abit of EQ is a part of the solution to it too. However, I am pretty certain that we all noticed when EQing that there can be distortions and also not sounding quite as it should, losing the magicality of the sound prior to EQing.

BUT! somehow, with this software called equalizerAPO, even when heavily EQed, to reach near neutrality on the HE-400, the sound coming out of the headphone sounds as natural as it would be with no EQ done, yet with altered frequencies. No distortions too, of course. My reference neutral sound is the RE-272.

Thus, I searched the whole of Head-Fi whether anyone was really aware of this program but it seems as though it is basically an unknown software. I really had no reason to share this information but thought would be appreciated for those that actually try it out greatly.

With this equalizer, I have lost all desire to upgrade, either to HE-560 or PM-1. That's how significant the difference was for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back