1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by IryxBRO, May 25, 2018.
First

Back
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
46 47 48 49
Next

Last
  1. Mellowship
    Man, read the instructions and search for the IDs you have to insert in order to update. There are several on this thread. I'm not going to post them here, I'm on smartphone, but go to the first pages.

2. DirtyMind
    @gordec I had the same problem, u got to do point 5 of the instructions for the update. It's on Hidizs HP and somewhere here in the thread as well.
    U find the VID&PID in the device properties - those numbers u just have to fill in the update app and then it should work.

gordec likes this.
  3. gordec
    Thx. I actually did a search and read through all of them, but I just didn't read the 1st page lol.

Great little dongle. Sounds awesome. I first got the ES100 to pair with Note 10, the sound is just not close to the Sonata. With sensitive IEMs, the volume is way too loud in UAPP with bitperfect. Using Tidal, it's perfectly fine.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  4. jasonb
    If it's too loud you'll need to use a combination of hardware and software volume.

5. gordec
    How do you do that? In UAPP you can only pick one option.

6. jasonb
    In the settings menu select software. But you can also still change the hardware volume at the same time.

7. gordec
    Tried it. It doesn't seem to change the lowest volume you can achieve. It's not a big deal. UAPP is cool but straight out of Tidal isn't bad.

8. DirtyMind
    Perfect that it worked out for u now :)

I like the sound of it as well, sadly I couldn't fix my problem. I got myself even another Sonata, but the problem remains. I tried on my friend's P20 - same thing. It doesn't matter which app I use. I tried Neutron, Poweramp, Spotify and Tidal.
    Must be some with the phone I guess.

9. Lifted Andreas
    Huawei phones just be like that man.

10. gordec
    Sonata HD works great with Note 10. For my ES60, this setup is as good as most expensive DAPs including AK380. You really don't need to pay much for DAPs if you have a good set of sensitive IEMs.

Interestingly for UAPP with software volume control, the volume is not too loud, but now there is significant background hiss. The background is silent with all other media apps like Tidal. UAPP is always finicky that way.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  11. DirtyMind
    I learned my lesson. So many other issues with this phone as well.

12. RandomDave
    I have a sonata and everytime i plug in my headphones, it clicks/pops.
    Is that normal? I measured 2.7V on the microphone pin, that's nuts.

13. Toshu
    So I have my Hidizs and its working fine for me on a Pixel 3xl. But.... my friend has an older Motorola with a micro usb port as well as a headphone jack. Can the Sonata work with an adapter for micro usb?? If so, does it require anything special??

14. Lifted Andreas
    I don't think you'd have any trouble getting it to work with the micro USB.

15. Toshu
    My main concern is with the cheap adapters that might be a problem with the connection?

First

Back
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
46 47 48 49
Next

Last