Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP
Aug 23, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #661 of 862
Guys,

I just got the Sonata, trying update to firmware D for Note 10. I downloaded the file and plugged in the Sonata to Windows 10 pc. Windows picks up the Sonata right away, but the update app doesn't see the Sonata to update. Anyone else has similar issues?
Man, read the instructions and search for the IDs you have to insert in order to update. There are several on this thread. I'm not going to post them here, I'm on smartphone, but go to the first pages.

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #662 of 862
@gordec I had the same problem, u got to do point 5 of the instructions for the update. It's on Hidizs HP and somewhere here in the thread as well.
U find the VID&PID in the device properties - those numbers u just have to fill in the update app and then it should work.

Aug 23, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #663 of 862
@gordec I had the same problem, u got to do point 5 of the instructions for the update. It's on Hidizs HP and somewhere here in the thread as well.
U find the VID&PID in the device properties - those numbers u just have to fill in the update app and then it should work.

Thx. I actually did a search and read through all of them, but I just didn't read the 1st page lol.

Great little dongle. Sounds awesome. I first got the ES100 to pair with Note 10, the sound is just not close to the Sonata. With sensitive IEMs, the volume is way too loud in UAPP with bitperfect. Using Tidal, it's perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #664 of 862
Thx. I actually did a search and read through all of them, but I just didn't read the 1st page lol.

Great little dongle. Sounds awesome. I first got the ES100 to pair with Note 10, the sound is just not close to the Sonata. With sensitive IEMs, the volume is way too loud in UAPP with bitperfect. Using Tidal, it's perfectly fine.

If it's too loud you'll need to use a combination of hardware and software volume.

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #666 of 862
How do you do that? In UAPP you can only pick one option.

In the settings menu select software. But you can also still change the hardware volume at the same time.

Aug 23, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #667 of 862
In the settings menu select software. But you can also still change the hardware volume at the same time.

Tried it. It doesn't seem to change the lowest volume you can achieve. It's not a big deal. UAPP is cool but straight out of Tidal isn't bad.

Aug 23, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #668 of 862

Perfect that it worked out for u now :)

I like the sound of it as well, sadly I couldn't fix my problem. I got myself even another Sonata, but the problem remains. I tried on my friend's P20 - same thing. It doesn't matter which app I use. I tried Neutron, Poweramp, Spotify and Tidal.
Must be some with the phone I guess.

Aug 23, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #669 of 862
Perfect that it worked out for u now :)

I like the sound of it as well, sadly I couldn't fix my problem. I got myself even another Sonata, but the problem remains. I tried on my friend's P20 - same thing. It doesn't matter which app I use. I tried Neutron, Poweramp, Spotify and Tidal.
Must be some with the phone I guess.

Huawei phones just be like that man.

Aug 24, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #670 of 862
Sonata HD works great with Note 10. For my ES60, this setup is as good as most expensive DAPs including AK380. You really don't need to pay much for DAPs if you have a good set of sensitive IEMs.

Interestingly for UAPP with software volume control, the volume is not too loud, but now there is significant background hiss. The background is silent with all other media apps like Tidal. UAPP is always finicky that way.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #673 of 862
So I have my Hidizs and its working fine for me on a Pixel 3xl. But.... my friend has an older Motorola with a micro usb port as well as a headphone jack. Can the Sonata work with an adapter for micro usb?? If so, does it require anything special??

Aug 26, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #674 of 862
So I have my Hidizs and its working fine for me on a Pixel 3xl. But.... my friend has an older Motorola with a micro usb port as well as a headphone jack. Can the Sonata work with an adapter for micro usb?? If so, does it require anything special??

I don't think you'd have any trouble getting it to work with the micro USB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back