Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
May 12, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #107 of 992
I have had the Westone ES5 and I found its treble to be a bit soft. Its about the same length as yours, maybe a little bit longer. No I thought it was supposed to sound like that. It fits perfect and It has gone 3 months since I got it.  It has enhanced treble and I there where no reviews.

May 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #108 of 992
What source are you using and did you get the standard or premium cable?  I am not hearing the treble as peaky, but there is a lot.  How well are your tracks mastered and what is the bitrate as I find that makes huge differences to the quality of the treble which bright detailed CIEMs can be brutal with.  I have a lot of metal and literally half of it is not very well mastered.

May 13, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #109 of 992
I have tried everything. Clip plus, Iphone - Algorhythm solo, little dot Dp_1. 320 to flac, The premium cable was the worst. I´am using chris himself copper gold cable. If I would listen to something like Metallica (black, album- Death Magnetic who have very loud drums I would probably get hearing damage. And there is alot of sibilance.

May 17, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #111 of 992
Quote:
So is the NT6 pro sound signature is the same as nt6, which is analytical? just have more bass and brighter treble with laid back midrange?

The differences are as described, although the bass isn't too much more enhanced and the brighter treble has a different tonality to it.  And I would say the sound signatures, while similar, are different.  I haven't even started on my review, so I don't like to pre-categorize things, but I think the NT-6 pro may be the brightest CIEM I have.

May 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #112 of 992
Good news is they're getting close to $1000 with the exchange rate. Type this into Google 1,188,000 krw in usd. Or look here http://www.google.com/finance?q=USDkrw

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #113 of 992
I just received my NT-6 Pro monitors.  Although I assume the sound will change--possibly quite a bit--between now and the time I break them in properly, my initial impressions are that these monitors are excellent and the best in-ear monitors I've ever heard.  My other pair of custom IEMs are the Sensaphonics 2X-S.  While those are excellent, there is really no comparison to the NT-6 Pro.  Specifically, the Sensaphonics sound much thinner and "tinny", with no warmth or depth.  They are simply not nearly as musical.  Those at Sensaphonics will undoubtedly respond that this is because their monitors are not colored; but rather, that they accurately portray the sound as true "reference" monitors should do.  Don't get me wrong--I love the clarity of the Sensaphonics--but the NT-6 Pro offers that clarity and accurate reference quality while also being incredibly musical, warm and rich, like the music that they project.  More to come after a lengthy (100+ hour) break in period.

Drew

Jun 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #114 of 992
Thanks for your initial impressions Drew and interesting comparison between the NT-6 pro and 2X-S.  The NT-6 is probably the clearest monitor I have, even clearer than the NT-6 due to the additional brightness.  Although I don't think the NT-6 pro is as thin as the NT-6, I wouldn't call it warm, but it can be full in the low end depending on the track.

My NT-6 pro has changed quite a bit, but it has taken much more time than most (I used the NT-6 pro for burn in of a cable, so it got an additional 300 hours.  So, the treble, while still bright, is smoother than before.  The bass is more prominent, but only when the song calls for it, which can sound lean in some songs but nice and enhanced in others.  Also, the midrange has come into its own, no longer being recessed, but balanced with the rest of the spectrum.  That has come from listening the past 5 to 6 nights.

Jun 5, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #115 of 992
Quote:
Thanks for your initial impressions Drew and interesting comparison between the NT-6 pro and 2X-S.  The NT-6 is probably the clearest monitor I have, even clearer than the NT-6 [Pro?] due to the additional brightness.  Although I don't think the NT-6 pro is as thin as the NT-6, I wouldn't call it warm, but it can be full in the low end depending on the track.

My NT-6 pro has changed quite a bit, but it has taken much more time than most (I used the NT-6 pro for burn in of a cable, so it got an additional 300 hours.  So, the treble, while still bright, is smoother than before.  The bass is more prominent, but only when the song calls for it, which can sound lean in some songs but nice and enhanced in others.  Also, the midrange has come into its own, no longer being recessed, but balanced with the rest of the spectrum.  That has come from listening the past 5 to 6 nights.

Jun 5, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #118 of 992
Thank you for catching my mistake.  It should read: The NT-6 pro is probably the clearest monitor I have, even clearer than the NT-6 due to the additional brightness.

The NT-6 is extremely clear and cuts through the presentation letting you hear every detail with ease. The down side to the sound is that the NT-6 could be too thin sounding for some people as the bass is extremely neutral.  The NT-6 pro improves upon the clarity of the NT-6 due to the additional enhancement of the treble, but at the same time the NT-6 pro is also warmer with more bass emphasis resulting in a fuller sound.  The sound still isn't full in comparison with say the 8.A or the SE 5-way, and the low end is very dependent upon the track, but it can sound more musical and less reference.  Of course, there is a trade off (isn't there always): the treble boost can be too much depending on the track and source, leading to sharp S's.  The clarity of the Hidition products is very different than that of the SE 5-way, but in line with that of the UERM.  

Jun 5, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #119 of 992
Thanks Joe.  I've been reading your reviews over time as an observer, and just yesterday, afte receiving my NT-6 Pros, I decided to join the fray.  I'm glad to hear what you said about the long break-in period for the NT-6 Pro, as it gives me a lot to look forward to in the next few weeks.  I listen to my music on an iPhone 4S, mostly through Spotify, as I'm typically on the go or in my car and can't lug around my laptop.  I'd appreciate hearing your views about what the best source would be for my new NT-6 Pro monitors.  Thanks.

--Drew

Jun 6, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #120 of 992
Best source...the DX100 or 801 (well, maybe wait for the 802) just because they both bring out the amazing detail the NT-6 and NT-6 pro can reproduce.  While other sources are good and very enjoyable (Stepdance amp for example with my modded iPod or the RoCoo BA), the 801/DX100 is a much improved experience from the little things that those players add.

Let us know your experience over the weeks to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back