Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
May 5, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #93 of 992
I'm sorry too be late response.
Following is my NT-6 impressions.

Basically this IEM is the reference monitor, very flat and wide frequency response, transparent, least intermoduration, least artifacts, least coloring by iem.
so, hearing sound impression was changed by recording quality and recording engineers's mind.

I also have earsonics SM3v2 that has great ability of reproduction of music.
but this IEM draws music by so-called "earsonics" tone.
HIDITION NT-6 sounds is at the opposite of earsonics SM3.
NT-6 has no congested sound but that reproduce music with great harmony of music reproduction.
This is the point of NT-6 sounds.

Premium cable has microphonics. So, I made cable using mogami 2520. This has the flexibility and little forwarding sound. This is good for me.

Bass reproduction:
Some people may say about bass quantities.
If you would like to listen music with walking, bass will be masked by some environmental noise, I think.
Then, you may need relatively bass heavy earphone.

If you would like to taste of music for accurately way, this is for you.

May 5, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #94 of 992
Quote:
I also build some speaker systems.
NT-6 treble likes SEAS 22TAF/G tweeter sounds.
SM3 is ScanSpeak D3004/6600-00, I think.

I really DISLIKE metal domes, and i love the D3004 tho my speakers i have are the R3004 but off for sale, and my next speaker is gonna have either the D3004/66200 or the 664000, and the crossovers make a big difference on how they can sound and preform, as i like the beryllium dome a lot from SS -  the rubber surround also makes a difference, but i can easily live with the 662000..[size=medium]
 ​
[/size]

May 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #95 of 992
Quote:
I'm sorry too be late response.
Following is my NT-6 impressions.
Basically this IEM is the reference monitor, very flat and wide frequency response, transparent, least intermoduration, least artifacts, least coloring by iem.
so, hearing sound impression was changed by recording quality and recording engineers's mind.
I also have earsonics SM3v2 that has great ability of reproduction of music.
but this IEM draws music by so-called "earsonics" tone.
HIDITION NT-6 sounds is at the opposite of earsonics SM3.
NT-6 has no congested sound but that reproduce music with great harmony of music reproduction.
This is the point of NT-6 sounds.
Premium cable has microphonics. So, I made cable using mogami 2520. This has the flexibility and little forwarding sound. This is good for me.
Bass reproduction:
Some people may say about bass quantities.
If you would like to listen music with walking, bass will be masked by some environmental noise, I think.
Then, you may need relatively bass heavy earphone.
If you would like to taste of music for accurately way, this is for you.
I also build some speaker systems.
NT-6 treble likes SEAS 22TAF/G tweeter sounds.
SM3 is ScanSpeak D3004/6600-00, I think.

Thank you for your thoughts.  I know the SM3 and NT-6 are pretty much opposites, but how do you think they compare from a technical performance standpoint?  

And I am not familiar with the tweeters you listed, what properties are you using for your comparison?

May 5, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #96 of 992
Quote:
I really DISLIKE metal domes, and i love the D3004 tho my speakers i have are the R3004 but off for sale, and my next speaker is gonna have either the D3004/66200 or the 664000, and the crossovers make a big difference on how they can sound and preform, as i like the beryllium dome a lot from SS -  the rubber surround also makes a difference, but i can easily live with the 662000..[size=medium]
 ​
[/size]

Berylium is toxic. Please be careful. Sorry, this is off topic.

Quote:
Thank you for your thoughts.  I know the SM3 and NT-6 are pretty much opposites, but how do you think they compare from a technical performance standpoint?  

And I am not familiar with the tweeters you listed, what properties are you using for your comparison?

I think, NT-6 has more technical ability than SM3, especially frequency response and coherent phase of the sound wave.
I hd heard sounds of binaural recording using both IEM. NT-6 recreated more accurate space of sound than SM3.

22TAF/G is metal/fabric hybrid dome tweeter. This treble is very smooth, clear and airy.
D3004/6600-00 is fabric dome tweeter. This treble is very smooth, clear and little warmly.
You can see both technical performance from
   http://www.zaphaudio.com/tweetermishmash/
Please refer to this URL.

May 5, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #97 of 992
I've always liked the Scanspeak fabric dome tweeter line. Lovely rendition of cymbals. Not the best in the world, but lovely all the same, and, in my view, quite noticably superior to, and more natural-sounding than, SEAS metal domes (even though I am fond of the SEAS line of woofers and tweeters, as these were used in my first DIY L/S project, many years ago).

May 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #98 of 992
Quote:
Berylium is toxic. Please be careful. Sorry, this is off topic.

Its not in the form we're talking about, and precautions are actually already specified in the box or speaker brands that use this dome know if the unit brakes it needs to be handled with care, but thats also why it has a grill, but u shouldent lick on it or let ur dog play with it..

May 5, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #99 of 992
Quote:
Its not in the form we're talking about, and precautions are actually already specified in the box or speaker brands that use this dome know if the unit brakes it needs to be handled with care, but thats also why it has a grill, but u shouldent lick on it or let ur dog play with it..

Cool.

Is it OK if I lick the earwax off my CIEMs, though? I didn't see any precautions or warnings about this in my UM presentation box, so I'm assuming it's OK  
wink.gif

ANYWAY.... back on-topic, is there anyone here who has the NT6 who can discuss how the bass response compares to another well-known CIEM? I know Joe got the NT6-Pro to see about getting a little more bass, but I'm really interested about the bass response of both these Hiditions, in comparison to CIEMs from other labs (though Joe's own review of the NT6 was excellent, as always!)

May 5, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #100 of 992
Quote:
ANYWAY.... back on-topic, is there anyone here who has the NT6 who can discuss how the bass response compares to another well-known CIEM? I know Joe got the NT6-Pro to see about getting a little more bass, but I'm really interested about the bass response of both these Hiditions, in comparison to CIEMs from other labs (though Joe's own review of the NT6 was excellent, as always!)

I can't be sure, but isn't it that only Joe and michioga that have the NT6 at the moment? Not a huge population to pool responses from...
wink.gif

I'm sure Joe can provide us with pretty decent answers; I'm curious myself about how the NT6/PRO compare in depth to the Rooth LS8 and UERM. I believe he did do a comparison with both already in the review, though.

Judging from the GoldenEars graphs, it seems like there is plenty of bass; it seems to be fairly linear with a constant 3-4 dB boost above reference, which is acceptable to me, at least. If you directly compare it against the K3003, GR10, HF5, e-Q7, UM3X and other prominent earphones, you'll see that it has far more linear bass and by far the most superior extension. Keep in mind that those graphs are volume-leveled at 1kHz, so actual perception may need to be normalized to another frequency for personal tastes, but you can get a good idea of the linearity of the bass just by looking at the graph. Granted, other customs may come closer in performance, but I'd say the bass response looks pretty darn beautiful from my point-of-view.

May 5, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #101 of 992
Quote:

I can't be sure, but isn't it that only Joe and michioga that have the NT6 at the moment? Not a huge population to pool responses from...
wink.gif

I've learned to remember that Head-fi has plenty of non-posting 'lurkers' who may just be tempted to come out of the woodwork to answer a question they can't refuse!
biggrin.gif

...and yes, Joe's review did a sterling job, I totally agree.

May 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #102 of 992
I have added a comparison with a CK10 in the first post (the last entry in the comparison section).

Also, a brief comparison of the NT-6 and NT-6 Pro is that the NT-6 Pro has more bass and treble presence, but not an overbearing amount.  The midrange sounds a bit laid back in comparison.  While there is more bass coming from the NT-6 pro, the NT-6 can keep up when there is a lot of bass in a song as they both can output a lot of bass.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back