Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Jun 26, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #121 of 992
Joe, can you share any short comparison between NT6 and NT6 Pro?

I have contacted with Hidition and even have sent them my ear impressions. So I have about two weeks to choose between this two models while package is on the way to Korea.

Jun 27, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #122 of 992
The NT-6 is the reference design while the NT-6 pro has a warmer sound without losing anything technically and more bass emphasis.  The NT-6 pro treble does have a peak which adds to the clarity of the NT-6, which is emphasized in certain songs.  I will have to A/B them more, but I think the NT-6 pro has a bit better depth to the presentation resulting in a slightly more 3D soundstage.

Jul 2, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #124 of 992
Quote:

Hope to see that comparison soon. Unless I have to buy them both :)

Here you go (from my upcoming NT-6 pro review):

The NT-6 and pro are torn from the same cloth as they share many characteristics and some songs you will be hard pressed to hear a large difference.  Those songs are the ones with low levels of bass and treble that doesn’t extend too far, not to mention not the largest soundstage.  But, there are differences.  The NT-6 is the reference with a pretty neutral bass and treble combined with a balance in the midrange making for a presentation that doesn’t push any one portion of the spectrum forward.  The pro, on the other hand, enhances the bass and treble region and also has a more 3D space.  The good due to the treble is much of the treble is brought forward, improving upon the super clear NT-6, but the negative is the tone can sound a bit off in comparison as you know the treble is being enhanced.  I gave the NT-6 the highest marks for clarity, but the pro steals that honor from the NT-6. 

In the bass region, the bass enhancement is slightly noticeable with light and background bass tracks, but when a heavy bass line kicks in, the pro kicks it up several notches.  Since the pro is enhanced, the bass isn’t quite as clean as that of the neutral NT-6 which is due to the additional rumble.  The midrange of the pro is a slight bit further back, but then there is more depth of the soundstage space, allowing the NT-6 to present vocals a bit closer and more personal while the imaging of the pro is improved over the NT-6. 

As one would expect, technically these two are quite close with the pro having a bit better transparency due to the more 3D soundstage, but the midrange and treble of the NT-6 sounding slightly more natural.  Detail and resolution is ever so slightly higher on the pro and due to the boost in the treble, the coherence isn’t quite what it is with the NT-6.  Dynamics, speed, and note attack/decay are the same.

Both the NT-6 and the pro version offer an extremely high technical performance with an analytical yet musical performance in different flavors.  The NT-6 is excellent as a reference monitor, something you want when you want to hear all the details with great clarity but don’t want enhancements in the bass region.  The pro turns the reference into a more exciting and even clearer sound with a bass and treble boost and a bit more depth to the soundstage with a slightly less forward midrange. 

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #126 of 992
Quote:
great review! being in korea makes it so tempting!

my trusty wallet friend however, makes me feel reality ^^

Let us know if your wallet overcomes reality!

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #130 of 992
Quote:

Nice look, what do the characters say?  And any thoughts on the sound?

I asked for something beautiful, they proposed Beautiful Sound and I kindly agreed
regular_smile%20.gif

Unfortunately they made NT6 Pro for me by mistake. They are now reworking it to NT6. So I have to wait for more...

But the pictures are published on their site already.

Aug 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #131 of 992
What did you think of the NT-6 pro?  It is a good deal different than the NT-6, so I am also interested in hearing about your thoughts once again once the the NT-6 arrives.

Did they change the artwork?

Aug 13, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #132 of 992
Quote:
What did you think of the NT-6 pro?  It is a good deal different than the NT-6, so I am also interested in hearing about your thoughts once again once the the NT-6 arrives.

Did they change the artwork?

I asked for NT6 but they made NT6 Pro. They offered me to take NT6 pro instead of NT6 without paying additional $50. But I am interested in NT6. I already have Spiral Ear 5-way, UM Merlin and ordered Dream Earz 7x, so I do not need another bass heavy CIEM. Good that they found the mistake before sending NT6 Pro to me. Bad that I have to wait more and more.

I hope they did not change artwork. I believe that is NT6 Pro on the photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back