Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Sep 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #136 of 992
Hey joe

What score would you give to NT6+DX100 (1.1.7)?

Sep 19, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #137 of 992
Quote:
How does NT6 pairs with Rocoo BA/P and Studio V? Currently saving up to get a reference monitor. This, or the cheaper UERM.

RoCoo P gets a 1/10 while the RoCoo BA gets a 7/10.  It is very organic and natural with good imaging.  I no longer have the Studio V. 

Quote:
Hey joe

What score would you give to NT6+DX100 (1.1.7)?

The DX100 with the 1.1.7 firmware gets a 10.5/10 (I made my scale too low 
biggrin.gif
) due to the smoothness and spaciousness, although the 801 isn't as bright.  

Oct 27, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #138 of 992
For NT-6 owners, I wanted to point you in the direction of the Whiplash Hybrid V3 cable I recently reviewed here.  Here is my review:

The Hybrid fits the NT-6 well, although the plug is slightly protruding and the sockets of the stock cables are slightly recessed, but I am still confident the Hybrid will hold up.  Compared with the Hidition upgrade cable, the microphonics are much better and ergonomics are slightly better with the Hybrid.  The Hybrid cable changes the sound in many positive ways, smoothing out and lowering the treble presence while increasing the sub-bass slightly resulting in a more natural and balanced sound to my ears.  Everything is articulated better with the Hybrid and the already clean and clear presentation is cleaned up even more resulting in better resolution and detail, but with an even more musical presentation.  The NT-6 pro still retains its neutral presentation and I would still call it reference with the Hybrid, but it is more enjoyable.  Spatially the Hybrid doesn’t change much with most tracks, but with more spacious tracks, the Hybrid recreates a deeper soundstage.  Instrument separation is better as is the recreation of a blacker background and the space between instruments.  The biggest problem with the cable is that the imperfections within my tracks are more noticeable even though the Hidition upgrade cable is a bit brighter and colder sounding.  The Hybrid improves the overall sound not only from an enjoyment perspective but also by improving the NT-6 as a reference monitor.  This is an excellent pairing I can’t recommend enough! 

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #139 of 992
Hey joe 

do you have any impressions on the TWag V3 cable with NT6? How does it sound?

Looking forward to your impressions of TWcu V3 with NT6:)

Nov 27, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #141 of 992
Question: I recently (today) received my DX100 and Hybrid 8, both of which you rated highly for the NT6.
I also happen to live in Korea...

I was eyeing this CIEM back when I ended up opting for the JH16. I was thinking of getting the NT6 for the analytical side of things. You mention that this has the same socket type as the JH16/Westone, does that mean they have the same polarity?
(I was thinking of moving the Hybrid 8 to the NT6 in the future and getting a silver/gold wire for the JH16, if the pins have the same polarity. The JH16 sounds great with a Whiplash V3 Hybrid 8, but...)

Nov 27, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #142 of 992
Quote:
Question: I recently (today) received my DX100 and Hybrid 8, both of which you rated highly for the NT6.
I also happen to live in Korea...

I was eyeing this CIEM back when I ended up opting for the JH16. I was thinking of getting the NT6 for the analytical side of things. You mention that this has the same socket type as the JH16/Westone, does that mean they have the same polarity?
(I was thinking of moving the Hybrid 8 to the NT6 in the future and getting a silver/gold wire for the JH16, if the pins have the same polarity. The JH16 sounds great with a Whiplash V3 Hybrid 8, but...)

Congratulations on getting the DX100 and Whiplash Hybrid.  I would recommend firmware v 1.2.7 for the DX100, and is the cable a V3?  The sockets fit both JHA and Hidition, and the polarity is the same.  That combo with the NT-6 is killer!

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #143 of 992
Quote:

Congratulations on getting the DX100 and Whiplash Hybrid.  I would recommend firmware v 1.2.7 for the DX100, and is the cable a V3?  The sockets fit both JHA and Hidition, and the polarity is the same.  That combo with the NT-6 is killer!

It is indeed a V3. Thanks for the confirmation on the polarity.

I read about the combo on a certain persons review, thus pushing me off the fence and into the wallet-lightening decision to purchase an NT6. I thank you, oh unnamed reviewer. My wallet doesn't like you, but my ears will!

Apr 29, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #144 of 992
@average_joe, been a avid reader of your review threads. I did some reading and narrowed my choices down to the following but i found myself stucked and unable to further narrow down to my first CIEM.

And so, i was wondering if you could compare the nt6, nt6 pro, um miracle and rooth ls6?

Looking for netural analytical. tried a rooth ls6 demo and fell in love with the fluid, coherent presentation but the rest arent available for me to compare (in sg).

*if possible, could you do the comparsion w.r.t to the rooth ls6 so that i could further narrow my choices?
(not in a rush to make any decisions yet, so take your time to write it.):D

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #145 of 992
Some people seem to think Joe is at their disposable.nt6 and nt6 pro have been compared and Joe repeatedly said he did not have the Miracle, just the pp6. This is not review supermarket.
@average_joe, been a. avid reader of your review threads. I did some reading and narrowed my choices down to the following but i found myself stucked and unable to further narrow down to my first CIEM.

And so, i was wondering if you could compare the nt6, nt6 pro, um miracle and rooth ls6?

Looking for netural analytical. tried a rooth ls6 demo and fell in love with the fluid, coherent presentation but the rest arent available for me to compare (in sg).

*if possible, could you do the comparsion w.r.t to the rooth ls6 so that i could further narrow my choices?
(not in a rush to make any decisions yet, so take your time to write it.):D

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #146 of 992
Lol..poor joe~:D but on the other hand, he gets respect:wink: (I hope he does.definitely from me) haha

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #147 of 992
Some people seem to think Joe is at their disposable.nt6 and nt6 pro have been compared and Joe repeatedly said he did not have the Miracle, just the pp6. This is not review supermarket.

yup agreed. i KNOW that there are the difference between nt6pro and nt6 is written (its way too obvious to miss) but it's not compared to rooth ls6. i do have to apologise for the um miracle part though. If you have any insights on these, could you guide me through this?

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #148 of 992
I know none of the others, just the Miracles. They are very nice CIEMs, there key note being large soundstage with very airy sound. They are very diffèrent from se5 for instance. MIracles have very controlled and detailed bass and the mids are neither warm nor thick. They are close to neutral but very slightly v shaped I would say, making them quite musical.
yup agreed. i KNOW that there are the difference between nt6pro and nt6 is written (its way too obvious to miss) but it's not compared to rooth ls6. i do have to apologise for the um miracle part though. If you have any insights on these, could you guide me through this?

Apr 29, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #149 of 992
I know none of the others, just the Miracles. They are very nice CIEMs, there key note being large soundstage with very airy sound. They are very diffèrent from se5 for instance. MIracles have very controlled and detailed bass and the mids are neither warm nor thick. They are close to neutral but very slightly v shaped I would say, making them quite musical.

great to hear that. most users also say similar stuff, but none with comparison with the few i have in mind. i asked a rooth audio person in sg about miracle and ls6, and he told me they sound similar but his face gave the feeling that he doesnt really know about it except the fact that the driver are similar.

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #150 of 992
Quote:
@average_joe, been a avid reader of your review threads. I did some reading and narrowed my choices down to the following but i found myself stucked and unable to further narrow down to my first CIEM.

(not in a rush to make any decisions yet, so take your time to write it.)
biggrin.gif

Thanks for reading!  I am happy to answer the best I can.  The Hidition products are bright, detailed, and analytical first, with a musicality that adds some enjoyment to the presentation.  Details are brought to the forefront and clarity is incredible, especially with the NT-6 pro.  The LS6 on the other hand is liquid and musical first with a bright (but not as bright) and analytical site of the presentation that adds the air of detail and resolution to the presentation.  The NT-6 is a tool, the LS6 is made for musical enjoyment, and the NT-6 pro is a cross between the two.  The NT-6 pro isn't as neutral as the LS6 or NT-6, and I would say the LS6 is the most "accurate" of the three from a frequency response perspective.

While I can't compare the Miracle directly, I do have the PP6, which from what I know has similar sonic characteristics.  The PP6 does share some of the liquidity of the LS6, but the notes have a slightly longer decay on average.  Also, the LS6 is neutral at the top and bottom while the PP6 is boosted at the extremes, more like the NT-6 pro.  Clarity levels of the PP6 is about on par with the LS8, the LS6 has a bit better clarity than the LS8, and the PP6 has a bit better clarity than the Miracle (from my understanding), which would mean the LS6 has a bit more clarity than the Miracle.  Of course, without hearing both, I can't say for sure.

Other differences are the presentations as the PP6 is the most spacious of the 4 (and the Miracle isn't quite as spacious) with the NT-6 pro in 2nd.  I can't say how the LS6 would compare with the NT-6 since I haven't heard a customized version of the LS6, and custom versions typically sound larger in space for whatever reason.  The LS6 will be the most mid-forward of the bunch.

Also, my table of CIEMs reviews is here, and you can perform a search for Hidition, Rooth, and Unique Melody (hold the ctrl button while selecting the manufacturers) and it will list the general sound characteristics.  I hope this post helps and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Quote:
Lol..poor joe~
biggrin.gif
but on the other hand, he gets respect:wink: (I hope he does.definitely from me) haha

Thanks for the respect 
bigsmile_face.gif
 and I appreciate our dialog and reading your posts!

I do enjoy helping people find the best CIEM for them and try to be unbiased.

Quote:

You nailed it (at least the PP6)!

Quote:
great to hear that. most users also say similar stuff, but none with comparison with the few i have in mind. i asked a rooth audio person in sg about miracle and ls6, and he told me they sound similar but his face gave the feeling that he doesnt really know about it except the fact that the driver are similar.

I would say that while they used to be made in the same building and they share some characteristics, they are indeed different in many ways.  The LS8 is probably closer to the Miracle than the LS6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back