Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Mar 19, 2024 at 4:09 AM Post #1,502 of 1,942
If so maybe they could set it to 60% to preserve battery longevity while burning in.
I set a limit of 85% on my device, as the last 15% is the most difficult for the Li-On battery to charge. Smartphones usually have this option with the same limit.

Mar 19, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #1,503 of 1,942
Any idea if the PEQ can import txt files ? Have used the Oratory 1990 where I had to input every setting manually.
Fancied trying the squig.link that Joe Bloggs mentioned above, seems to only export and save in txt. format.
Also any idea where in the Hiby one should save the files ? as I would be transferring them from PC to Hiby.

Mar 19, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #1,504 of 1,942
Seem to be able to import text files in the PEQ settings of the Hiby app, so thumbs up txt files can be imported.
On the general Audio settings there is no import option on the PEQ located there, as far as I can see they have to be input manually.

Mar 19, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #1,505 of 1,942
Hello again :)

In one hour from now, my HiBy R6 Pro II will complete 24 hours of continuous playback, so I will start listening! The device was not left charging all the time, I just plugged in the charger when necessary and specifically when the battery level reached 2%. From 2% to 100% it took 3 hours but the DAP was playing music at volume 80, Low Gain, Class A, with my 64 Audio Volür connected in 3.5mm

The maximum temperature I have seen was while charging and playing, and it was 50C - room temp = 18.5C
The device felt warmly pleasant in my hands. :)

@Joe Bloggs you haven't told me why I was not able to update to the latest firmware 1.30. Is there a Hub from I'll be able to download a future firmware or do I need to contact Support? Just asking because, this time a kind member here provided the download but this might not always be the case.

@YanaMJ glad LDAC 990/909kbps works for you but you haven't told us which Bluetooth ear-hooks are you using? The iFi GO Pod requires Snapdragon Sound to achieve the maximum 32-bit/96kHz specifications, with LDAC’s highest 990kbps bitrate. 660Kbps is fine for me, though, because I will never use the HiBy for Bluetooth. I have my phone for that. I also have the FiiO UTWS5 but I haven't paired it, yet. I will try, though!

@jsmiller58 I have not started auditioning this device, yet, but from the little time I've spent with it on my ears, I cannot observe any change in the sound quality when I switch on-the-fly from Class A to Class AB. The sound is not changing at all! Nothing! To the point I feel I am not doing it correctly. Should I stop playback and switch? Is Class A more distinguishable than AB from 4.4mm? Not sure

Two things I absolutely appreciate on this device: the big gorgeous screen and the adjustable font size! Marvellous!! :) :)

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #1,506 of 1,942
Hello again :)

In one hour from now, my HiBy R6 Pro II will complete 24 hours of continuous playback, so I will start listening! The device was not left charging all the time, I just plugged in the charger when necessary and specifically when the battery level reached 2%. From 2% to 100% it took 3 hours but the DAP was playing music at volume 80, Low Gain, Class A, with my 64 Audio Volür connected in 3.5mm

The maximum temperature I have seen was while charging and playing, and it was 50C - room temp = 18.5C
The device felt warmly pleasant in my hands. :)

@Joe Bloggs you haven't told me why I was not able to update to the latest firmware 1.30. Is there a Hub from I'll be able to download a future firmware or do I need to contact Support? Just asking because, this time a kind member here provided the download but this might not always be the case.

@YanaMJ glad LDAC 990/909kbps works for you but you haven't told us which Bluetooth ear-hooks are you using? The iFi GO Pod requires Snapdragon Sound to achieve the
maximum 32-bit/96kHz specifications, with LDAC’s highest 990kbps bitrate. 660Kbps is fine for me, though, because I will never use the HiBy for Bluetooth. I have my phone for that. I also have the FiiO UTWS5 but I haven't paired it, yet. I will try, though!

@jsmiller58 I have not started auditioning this device, yet, but from the little time I've spent with it on my ears, I cannot observe any change in the sound quality when I switch on-the-fly from Class A to Class AB. The sound is not changing at all! Nothing! To the point I feel I am not doing it correctly. Should I stop playback and switch? Is Class A more distinguishable than AB from 4.4mm? Not sure

Two things I absolutely appreciate on this device: the big gorgeous screen and the adjustable font size! Marvellous!! :) :)
Yeah, I have had the same impression - I cannot tell a difference between Class A or AB. But… now that you mention it, I always did the switch while playing a track, so maybe there is a different way…

The thing is that we may actually not be able to detect a difference unless the headphone is particularly demanding, which I haven’t tried… Also, if the Class AB implementation is really good that may also make it harder to detect a difference…

As you play with it please share your observations!

Mar 19, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #1,507 of 1,942
The iFi GO Pod requires Snapdragon Sound to achieve the maximum 32-bit/96kHz specifications, with LDAC’s highest 990kbps bitrate.
Just for information, Hiby R6 Pro II use snapdragon CPU, so no limitations for LDAC

Mar 19, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #1,508 of 1,942
Just for information, Hiby R6 Pro II use snapdragon CPU, so no limitations for LDAC
Really? Here's what the changelog of firmware V1.49 of the GO Pod says (I'm currently on V1.54):
Optimized the 990K code stream of LDAC. Note: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 or above CPU (high code stream requires high processor) can be supported.

Yesterday I've paired it for a few minutes, went in the Developer Settings and set LDAC to 990/909kbps (optimized for audio quality) and immediately it started stuttering, while I was holding it on my hands!

I haven't tried my UTWS5 yet.

Mar 20, 2024 at 4:22 AM Post #1,509 of 1,942
I have not started auditioning this device, yet, but from the little time I've spent with it on my ears, I cannot observe any change in the sound quality when I switch on-the-fly from Class A to Class AB. The sound is not changing at all! Nothing! To the point I feel I am not doing it correctly. Should I stop playback and switch? Is Class A more distinguishable than AB from 4.4mm? Not sure
agree on 100000000% not working,

i have a Cayin N7 with AB/A and i can hear the switching, for a split second there is an interruption and the sound changes, this is not here

Mar 20, 2024 at 5:12 AM Post #1,510 of 1,942
agree on 100000000% not working,

i have a Cayin N7 with AB/A and i can hear the switching, for a split second there is an interruption and the sound changes, this is not here
That's cunning on Cayin's part. If I were being evil, I would go one further and make the A mode be 0.2dB louder to maximize the chances that it would be perceived as superior regardless of anything.

But there's no technical reason why a switch would entail a break in the sound, nor any guarantee that the change would affect anything you see or hear other than the electricity bill.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 20, 2024 at 5:21 AM Post #1,511 of 1,942
That's cunning on Cayin's part. If I were being evil, I would go one further and make the A mode be 0.2dB louder to maximize the chances that it would be perceived as superior regardless of anything.

But there's no technical reason why a switch would entail a break in the sound, nor any guarantee that the change would affect anything you see or hear other than the electricity bill.
Sorry, but what's the point of switching modes if there's no difference?

Mar 20, 2024 at 6:31 AM Post #1,513 of 1,942
Heat emitted tells us that Class A is active.
The point is that active devices are now operated in linear region without crossover distortion. As the class AB is using NFB loop, this distortion is already minimized as much as possible. So practically it may not be audible, for most.
thank you for the explanation, it became clearer :)

Mar 20, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #1,514 of 1,942

There may not be a definitive answer to this. The reason given by your device was that the download was corrupted, hence it refused to install the first few times.

As for obtaining future firmware for download, updates are announced at facebook.com/hibycom and there they do post links on google drive for the new firmware to be downloaded. Hope that helps.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 20, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #1,515 of 1,942
@Joe Bloggs
Any idea why there is no PEQ import option on the general PEQ settings, the Hiby App has the import option available.
Have also included an image of the general PEQ which shows corruption in the text inside the third box.

Attachments

• PEQ.jpg
    PEQ.jpg
    824.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back