Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Jun 12, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #616 of 1,928
Same observations than me...so not a defectiv device but a strange behavior as well... Usely we can't change the gain with a true LO like on my R6 2020 for example. So I think the right gain for the LO is the one we obtain by clicking on gain.
Hiby just answered me and this is a bug. An update will fix this. And meanwhile it seems that the right "gain" is when it becomes fix after hitting gain option at 1st time.

Jun 12, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #617 of 1,928
Today when I powered up the R6Pro II the screen had the Android “robot” laying on its back with it’s front pane open, a red triangle with an exclamation mark, and small text that said Invalid Command, or no valid command, or something like that… This happened three times, each time I would power down and then power back up successfully.

I am on latest firmware.

Anyone else seen this or have any suggestions?
What you are seeing is the boot loader screen.

Android goes into boot loader or recovery mode when you press a combination of power and volume up/down buttons.

As @YanaMJ said, this could be happening due to the sensitive buttons.

Jun 12, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #618 of 1,928
What you are seeing is the boot loader screen.

Android goes into boot loader or recovery mode when you press a combination of power and volume up/down buttons.

As @YanaMJ said, this could be happening due to the sensitive buttons.
Thanks! I will be much more careful in the future!!

Jun 13, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #620 of 1,928
A question for the owners of R6 Pro II, is this DAP better sounding than the Gryphon? I'm thinking of selling my Gryphon & DX170 to get this one. Any comparisions you can share would be helpful.

Also, how is the Line-Out performance? If I end up getting this one, I'll probably also eventually get the AK PA10 to drive my Planars better.

Jun 13, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #621 of 1,928
A question for the owners of R6 Pro II, is this DAP better sounding than the Gryphon? I'm thinking of selling my Gryphon & DX170 to get this one. Any comparisions you can share would be helpful.

Also, how is the Line-Out performance? If I end up getting this one, I'll probably also eventually get the AK PA10 to drive my Planars better.
I can't help you with the 1st part of your question but regarding line out, what I can tell you is there's a software bug now that will be corrected by an update. It's a bug that affects the gain option that should be totally fixed in LO mode.

If Hiby and I understood well each other, the right power for LO is when the gain is blocked after clicking it once, and if it stays like this after the update to correct the bug, I'll be very pleased with this R6 PRO II line-out

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #622 of 1,928
New firmware available.

1686872608210.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #623 of 1,928
Jun 16, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #624 of 1,928
Same observations than me...so not a defectiv device but a strange behavior as well... Usely we can't change the gain with a true LO like on my R6 2020 for example. So I think the right gain for the LO is the one we obtain by clicking on gain.
Correct, that is a bug. However I would like to clarify that while the gain is not adjustable per se, the volume should be adjustable where the DAC allows this, and is adjustable on the r6proII.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 17, 2023 at 10:19 PM Post #625 of 1,928
Finally got mine yesterday after waiting for like an eternity... Loved the dap.. It's much more musical than r6iii.. The screen in gorgeous... UI is really fluid... Just 1 thing that annoyed me... The case they included in unusable in my case... All the button are pressed at the same time... Other that the case... This is the best DAP I've ever tried..

Jun 18, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #627 of 1,928
duplicate post

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 3:08 AM Post #628 of 1,928
Finally got mine yesterday after waiting for like an eternity... Loved the dap.. It's much more musical than r6iii.. The screen in gorgeous... UI is really fluid... Just 1 thing that annoyed me... The case they included in unusable in my case... All the button are pressed at the same time... Other that the case... This is the best DAP I've ever tried..
This was mentioned earlier in the thread, simple solution is to remove little plastic bits from the inside of the cover (where the buttons are). Quoted the post from @corgifall below... It made the difference for me, while still not perfect I can live with it now.

The button thing when picking up the dap with the case was bothering me so I did some investigating. The button areas have little plastic bits to aide in activating the buttons while in the case. I just caught the edges with my finger nail and pulled the little plastic bits back enough to reveal and pull the plastic bits out. Once you push the felt back in, it hold from the prior adhesive. This require you to press in a little more to activate any of the buttons but it stopped the accidental pressing at least for me.

IMG_9216.jpeg

Jun 18, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #629 of 1,928
Does the 3.5 LO and the 4.4 LO have a similar specs besides the channel separation?
I remember they have the specs on their website including the power of each output. But it seems that they have removed that information.
Maybe this will help ?

1687072965410.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back