Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Jun 2, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #586 of 1,878
It remembers the last used volume, so set it to 100 and it will stay at 100.

Edit. you need to enable permissions per directory with Android 12. Part of Android's new (dumb) scoped storage file system. There's a setting in UAPP now to force bypass scoped storage - you can try that to see if it makes a difference.
Thank you for the help.
Yes, volume is remembered, just a little scary going back to PO😆
Side buttons are a bit hit and miss at the moment, if I stop and later start listening again, play pause etc doesn't work until i restart/select again what to play.
Will try this USB Pro fix now thanks👍👍

Jun 2, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #587 of 1,878
Thank you for the help.
Yes, volume is remembered, just a little scary going back to PO😆
Side buttons are a bit hit and miss at the moment, if I stop and later start listening again, play pause etc doesn't work until i restart/select again what to play.
Will try this USB Pro fix now thanks👍👍

UAPP seems to have a problem with Scoped Storage and large (1 TB) SD cards. The force non-scoped storage option seems to fix it, at least on some devices.

Jun 3, 2023 at 12:49 AM Post #588 of 1,878
I saw mention of a third part case for the R6 Pro II. Any news? Any links? Like everyone else, I am a little annoyed at the fact that even looking at the DAP in its case seems to toggle some random button 😂

And wow, despite my very public misgivings about the power and battery, I am really enjoying the R6 Pro II…

Jun 3, 2023 at 12:57 AM Post #589 of 1,878
Has anyone detected any obvious difference between the Class A and Class AB on easier to drive IEMs? Seems to me that there isn’t a detectable SQ difference… if you have track that you think brings out the difference in a more obvious way, can you suggest it?

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #590 of 1,878
Has anyone detected any obvious difference between the Class A and Class AB on easier to drive IEMs? Seems to me that there isn’t a detectable SQ difference… if you have track that you think brings out the difference in a more obvious way, can you suggest it?

It's possible that R6 Pro II may not even leave Class A operation when driving simple IEMs in Class AB. There's pretty substantial bias current in HiBy DAPs.

Jun 3, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #591 of 1,878
I personally never heard a significant difference between AB and A. That being said, there is a slight difference. Same with Cayin N8II, N7 and Hiby RS8.

Jun 3, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #592 of 1,878
I've heard big differences between class AB and A on the n6ii e01 module, however when I used the dx320 that's class A it didn't sound like E01 class A, it sounded like normal class AB.

to me the difference between AB and A on e01 in a simple way of explaining it is that AB sounded like it was never really complete, and was a bit more fuzzy and diffuse, think drawing a picture using only lines or only dots, while still giving you the full image, it doesn't look as clean or as polished as having all the variations to paint/draw the image, which to me is class A, nothing is missing, nothing is compromised, you get everything. I'll add that class A also improved details.

Jun 10, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #593 of 1,878
It’s here, finally ! Feels like I’ve been waiting a decade for this.

First impressions - It’s got everything. Sound quality, performance, portability, good Software (settings, features, skin etc.).
I really like the rigged back as opposed to smooth full glass seen on other players. I feel confident to use it without the case.
Its time for me to sell my Dx320 and Sony Zx707.

Gorgeous screen. Not too big, can operate in one hand. Lightweight and slim (compared to most other DAPs). Performance is smooth as expected from a Snapdragon 665.
Screen protector comes applied and there’s an extra spare in the box.

Sound Quality - It‘s hard to explain as I’m not an expert in audiophile terms. I have DAP that is fully neutral and sound flat. I also have DAP (Sony) which is overly warm and missing details. The R6 Pro II seems to strike a perfect balance between the two. It’s got all the details that you’d expect from a reference DAP and at the same time it has that warmth that lets you enjoy music and not just analyse it. Truly a flagship performance by the AK4499EXEQ.

Setup took a bit of work. For some reason apps kept closing automatically while setting up - Playstore, Apple Music. I had to do it twice and now everything is fine.

MSEB (System wide EQ) seems fun to play around with even though I’m usually not an EQ guy. Thanks to Hiby for including a short description of what each setting changes, much simpler and useful.

The detail to Software customisation on Android is amazing. It has all the tiny bits of features you’d ever want. For example, there’s a slider to set the maximum battery charge. Auto rotate screen and another option to lock vertical lock. Oh and Channel balance. I had to always use Youtube videos on my other DAPs to check balance. It’s got everything in place. Software is the best I’ve seen on any Android device, not just a DAP. Gesture navigation makes it easier to use in any use case.

For those who like Dark mode, go to Settings -> System -> Languages and Input -> Keyboards to change the Keyboard to dark as well. It’s the only thing that doesn’t change with the theme.

It gets quite warm even in A/B mode. It would double up as a warmer in winter. Performance and battery doesn’t seem to be affected by the heat so I’m not bothered by it. You can still hold it in your hand or place it on your lap, it’s not burning hot. Think of it like the heat a device produces while charging.

Finally, thanks a lot to @TomKorn from Audio Essence. Excellent communication, very well packaged and quick shipping ! :)

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #594 of 1,878
Received mine yesterday, listened only some 30 min but i can tell it sounds quite different from RS6 which is great as im keeping both( RS6 is being modded)
It has a very soft yet clear presentation with holographic imaging and bass seems to be quite delicious, so far so good.
Lets see that battery now😅😅
How did you mod your RS6 ?

Jun 10, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #595 of 1,878
I received mine. I'm very happy with it. Sound is more organic and natural than my R6 2020. Only tried LO at the moment.

I notice I can change gain during the first seconds of LO mode and then clicking on gain changes nothing. I suppose this is linked with the automatic LO like described on the manual...

Attachments

• 20230610_095526.jpg
    20230610_095526.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 10, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #596 of 1,878
I received mine. I'm very happy with it. Sound is more organic and natural than my R6 2020. Only tried LO at the moment.

I notice I can change gain during the first seconds of LO mode and then clicking on gain changes nothing. I suppose this is linked with the automatic LO like described on the manual...
Congrats !

There’s a manual and you actually read it ?
I just took out the DAP and started playing music 😂

Jun 10, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #597 of 1,878
Congrats !

There’s a manual and you actually read it ?
I just took out the DAP and started playing music 😂
I always read manuals. Don't forget I'm a woman 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back