HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 9, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #1,293 of 6,628
The only thing he said. I don't understand. "I would use the R6 as a digital transport to the Chord Mojo"

As a digital transport you also can use a Cayin N3 or an old Android phone. Instead of a more pricey R6. There would be no benefits.
Amplification and processing is done by Chord.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #1,294 of 6,628
Very nice @Currawong

I encourage you to try HiBy Link - it’s one of the most clever pieces of software I’ve ever used, eg paired with the Shanling M2s it really is bloody amazing.

@Joe Bloggs you need to publicise HiBy Link much more outside China...a true killer app.

Why to pair M2s with R6 i do not understand? Sound signature you do not like on R6?

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #1,295 of 6,628
Why to pair M2s with R6 i do not understand? Sound signature you do not like on R6?

No he was talking about the HiBy Android phone app in combination with M2s or Cayin N3 for instance. So called hibylink

This way you can control the DAP with your phone.

Nothing to do with sound processing.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #1,296 of 6,628
We will be adding HiByLink to the R6 firmware but right now I'm actually pretty smitten by the R6 running TeamViewer--let's you control the R6 in any scenario, not just running HiBy Music. It could be running Spotify or Tidal and I can still control every action on my phone from afar. Sweet! :ksc75smile:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 9, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #1,299 of 6,628
@Currawong

Great Review! I'm using HiBy Link to control a Cayin iDAP-6 (desktop transport) from my tablet or phone. I can build playlists and manage the music library on the player remotely. If you use the R6 as a transport for your Chord, you can remote control it via Bluetooth using a phone or tablet with HiBy Link installed. Not sure if it will work via WiFi though...I've only been using BT. Hope that helps...

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #1,300 of 6,628
Very nice @Currawong

I encourage you to try HiBy Link - it’s one of the most clever pieces of software I’ve ever used, eg paired with the Shanling M2s it really is bloody amazing.

[B]@Joe Bloggs[/B] you need to publicise HiBy Link much more outside China...a true killer app.
I agree completely! ...But I do plan to try TeamViewer too.:ksc75smile:

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Feb 9, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #1,302 of 6,628
The only thing he said. I don't understand. "I would use the R6 as a digital transport to the Chord Mojo"

As a digital transport you also can use a Cayin N3 or an old Android phone. Instead of a more pricey R6. There would be no benefits.
Amplification and processing is done by Chord.

I didn't say "Hugo 2"? I'll go back and check.

Feb 9, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #1,303 of 6,628
Hey Joe do you have any idea what the timeline is for the r6 showing up on amazon.com or other retailers in North America?

I'm curious about this as well. The only way to buy this in North America at the moment is Indiegogo, correct?

Edit: ahhhhh what the heck, I just ordered one on Indiegogo. Kind of thrilling to support a new venture from the ground up.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #1,304 of 6,628
@Currawong ,
Thanks for the great Youtube review!
I will use the DAP without amps, you're review appeals to this.
Thats exactly what I hoped the R6 would do, It might drive the Dita Dream and CA Vega, if so I am a lucky person.
Will mainly use this with Tidal !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back