HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 11, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #1,321 of 6,622
Have received hiby R6 three days ago.
First worry about vocals/ mid are forward, tend to be dark, and less treble.
But after two days adaptation, all is ok, even now amazing. All the music genre is nice to hear.
Nearly a year with fiioX7 + 1More Quad. Can not hear rock comfortably or all of Phil Collins song sounds piercing.
All things that are less fit in fiioX7, filled thoroughly by Hiby R6.
I now get the right bass and go back to Phil Collins song with a smile.

Phil Collins always makes me smile...no homo.

Feb 11, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #1,322 of 6,622
I'm thinking of buying the HiBy R6 with the HiBy Seeds, primarily due to them being balanced. Any ideas on what they sound like, and if they're worth the extra $80? I'm used to earphones that sound like the EPH-100s from Yamaha. I like balanced sound signature with a hint of bass.

Feb 12, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #1,323 of 6,622
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 12, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #1,324 of 6,622
Some more specs on the Seeds that were not on the IGG page:

Make / Model: HiBy Seeds
Wear style: In-ear, wire around ear
Impedance: 50Ω
Sensitivity: 110dB/mW | 123dB/V
Drive type: wired, dynamic In-line mic / remote: none
Connection type: 2.5mm balanced
Jack shape: L-shaped Wire length: 1.2m

Soundwise I hear them as balanced tending toward the detailed side, a bit cooler and lighter on bass than others may call neutral, with good quality treble (not that much in the way of spikes / resonances) and the relatively high impedance dynamic drivers yielding a flat impedance curve.

Thanks for this, I bought the R6 Solid Steel Bundle it includes the HiBy Seeds, will definitely try these!!
I hope the R6 arrives before the end of March, we travel to Florida for a few weeks, should be a nice musical companion!

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #1,325 of 6,622
Just received my R6 and updated all software. Taken 400gb card from my Cayin i5 and put in R6 to find that the R6 tells me that the card is corrupted. It goes back in the i5 and plays without issue. Do the 2 players format differently? I am currently copying all of the music back on to my PC from the i5 and then intend to reformat the card in the R6 and copy the music back on to the card. Card is currenty formatted with FAT32.

Am I missing something here?

Feb 12, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #1,326 of 6,622
Try to connect your card to a Windows PC and see if it proposes to repair the card. Repair it and disconnect cleanly (eject it in windows before unplugging the SD reader, or ejecting the card if it's an internal reader). Then try again in the R6.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #1,331 of 6,622
Concening MageSound 8-ball, read Joe's post HERE

JoeBloggs said:
In (possibly unrelated) news, we expect to release a firmware update to both China and International firmware streams tomorrow. It will feature the MageSound 8-ball as well as latest bugfixes if all goes well. I could not reproduce your issues on this firmware, although devs say they didn't change anything in regards to the coax out. ]

That was on the 7th. I have no idea if the new firmware was released or not.

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #1,332 of 6,622
Try to connect your card to a Windows PC and see if it proposes to repair the card. Repair it and disconnect cleanly (eject it in windows before unplugging the SD reader, or ejecting the card if it's an internal reader). Then try again in the R6.
Thanks oliwek2
I've reformatted the card on Windows 10 PC (couldn't format to FAT32 so used ExFAT). Put it back in R6 and reformatted again. R6 now shows card in Settings/Storage & USB correctly as 361Gb. USB is set to File Transfer but when I connect the R6 to my PC the card is not showing in File Explorer. R6 is showing in Devices and Drives but when I open this only the Internal memory shows up. I would normally expect the SD card to show as a separate drive but no additional drive is showing.

Thanks for your help.

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #1,333 of 6,622
I don't have the device yet, but I've never seen an android device where external memory is not seen on the PC side when internal is (it's usually nothing, often because file transfer is not accepted on the android device, or everything). It could be a firmware bug, but I guess other new owners will show up and tell us if they have the same problem.

Feb 12, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #1,334 of 6,622
I don't have the device yet, but I've never seen an android device where external memory is not seen on the PC side when internal is (it's usually nothing, often because file transfer is not accepted on the android device, or everything). It could be a firmware bug, but I guess other new owners will show up and tell us if they have the same problem.
I have a Samsung Android tablet that behaves that way. Have to remove the memory card and use a card reader.

Feb 12, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #1,335 of 6,622
I have a Samsung Android tablet that behaves that way. Have to remove the memory card and use a card reader.
Do you then have to load all of your music files on the PC with a card reader and then reinsert the card into the unit? I have 4 units (Fiio, iBasso & Cayin as well as R6) and I've never encountered this before. It will mean that the card will need to be moved much more often and will therefore make the tray a bit of a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back