HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 7, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #1,276 of 6,628
Afaik Native DSD transport is never possible on spdif or Coax only by usb transport.

So of you want decoding by IFI you should use the USB from the R6 to the Idsd.
Don't know if it work that way on the R6.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #1,277 of 6,628
Well finally backed it. Went for black alumininium. Bit odd though. First time I put the order through I got a card declined message, despite all details being correct. Tried it a second time and the payment went through. Then had a phone call from the bank! Seems they'd picked up the first attempt and were concerned, so had to get back in touch with them to ok it. Sorted now.

That's just the anti-fraud that's picked it up. Happened to me before the first time I made a large payment online. Anti-fraud triggers when you do something unexpected (like spend money online from a supplier in China). Looks like you're good to go now.

Feb 7, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #1,279 of 6,628
That's just the anti-fraud that's picked it up. Happened to me before the first time I made a large payment online. Anti-fraud triggers when you do something unexpected (like spend money online from a supplier in China). Looks like you're good to go now.

Hope so. It was more the "card declined" on the first attempt that set the alarm bells off apparently. Hopefully it's not had a knock on affect on getting it shipped before the cny kicks in.

Feb 7, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #1,280 of 6,628
I just looked at the manual for your iDSD and it had this to say about the coaxial port: "Tip: the S/PDIF standard supports only PCM up to 192kHz." Which casts doubt on whether it would be able to interpret any DSD signal, be it DoP or ASIO ("native").

In any case, its USB input appears to be much more capable (up to DSD512) and so is the USB output of the R6 (up to DSD256 from DSD64 for the coax port), so it would be good to try that.

Thanks Joe. That's what I found out too. Looking towards getting a USB C to USB A adapter.

Any idea why the track started forwarding 4 sec after I pull out the Coax and then later plug it back in? It has happen 2-3x already.
Also have some questions below which was originally posted in the Indiegogo comments section. Relisting it here for other's benefit as well as if someone else have similar feedback.
- the power button blue light continues to blink even with no music playing. What does blinking blue light mean? I left it on the table the whole night and wake up to it blinking still.
- I have album with more than 23 songs just showing 23 songs. It happens on the "Unknown" album as well (the songs without proper tag data).

Feb 7, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #1,281 of 6,628
Thanks Joe. That's what I found out too. Looking towards getting a USB C to USB A adapter.

Any idea why the track started forwarding 4 sec after I pull out the Coax and then later plug it back in? It has happen 2-3x already.
Also have some questions below which was originally posted in the Indiegogo comments section. Relisting it here for other's benefit as well as if someone else have similar feedback.
- the power button blue light continues to blink even with no music playing. What does blinking blue light mean? I left it on the table the whole night and wake up to it blinking still.
- I have album with more than 23 songs just showing 23 songs. It happens on the "Unknown" album as well (the songs without proper tag data).

Hello,

Check your pm. I believe your player's bizarre behaviour may be an isolated problem case :confused:

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 8, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #1,282 of 6,628
IMG_1921.JPG
IMG_0958.JPG

I am connected to the company via friendship with co-founders son and was also friends with some pro-surfers sponsored by them in Hawaii.
We used to party at our bachelor pad in Hawaii Kai right near Sandy Beach with them and the surfer girl groupies.
Got the nickname from Sonny G himself.

I was a ridiculously ill mannered nightmare of chaos and fighting and just plain drama.
Best time of life by far. Always support his company and like the nickname too :)

@Joe Bloggs

I was off the grid because MITER asked if i could ship my unit to Korea so they could have cases ready by the time it hit the market in #'s. They asked which DAP I thought would be the most popular in the near future and i said R6 ..no doubt! Folks like it or not (case) is not my thing. It is another option though. I got a case with my favorite logo for my favorite DAP....good times!

miter case.jpg

Feb 8, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #1,284 of 6,628
Suitably bad-ass. Love it.
Still want to sell your hibyR6 without heard him? :))) Mine is already shipped.. will post impressions as now has w4s usb recovery with fiio e17 alpen, before did not heard daps, just pioneer 30r and bigger model maybe it was pioneer 300R or 100R do not remeber, signature was nice just remember that on all volume it was not loud, maybe settings were for power saving.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #1,285 of 6,628
Yes. I told myself that out of my prior AK Jr, M20, and the R6, I'd simply sell the two that I liked the least. But in the week or so I've had the M20, I've really grown to like it; it has a really nice sound to it.

The M20 isn't that popular, and it would probably be quite difficult to sell, so the R6 and AK Jr will go, and I hopefully won't lose that much on the deal. That doesn't stop me from respecting what HiBy has done to bring us the R6 and drag the Android-based DAP scene out of the Android 4.3 graveyard and into the future.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #1,286 of 6,628

I am connected to the company via friendship with co-founders son and was also friends with some pro-surfers sponsored by them in Hawaii.
We used to party at our bachelor pad in Hawaii Kai right near Sandy Beach with them and the surfer girl groupies.
Got the nickname from Sonny G himself.

I was a ridiculously ill mannered nightmare of chaos and fighting and just plain drama.
Best time of life by far. Always support his company and like the nickname too :)

@Joe Bloggs

I was off the grid because MITER asked if i could ship my unit to Korea so they could have cases ready by the time it hit the market in #'s. They asked which DAP I thought would be the most popular in the near future and i said R6 ..no doubt! Folks like it or not (case) is not my thing. It is another option though. I got a case with my favorite logo for my favorite DAP....good times!

That's exactly what I told MITER guy as well. Those cases feature kickstand, so you can view videos on your Android DAP. How many Android DAPs out there come with 3GB of RAM for a smooth video playback? Exactly, thus MITER case for R6 made more sense to me, while MITER case for DX200 was already modded by removing the kickstand :wink:

Feb 9, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #1,287 of 6,628
Well, the tracking on this is weird.

From HiBy China, it got forwarded to Hong Kong and sent from there to Sepang (Malaysia).
It's now ended up back in China (Guangzhou, just north of Hong Kong).

HiBy is in Guangzhou. I assume it's been sent back to the HiBy for some reason?

Feb 9, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #1,288 of 6,628
Well, the tracking on this is weird.

From HiBy China, it got forwarded to Hong Kong and sent from there to Sepang (Malaysia).
It's now ended up back in China (Guangzhou, just north of Hong Kong).

HiBy is in Guangzhou. I assume it's been sent back to the HiBy for some reason?
I wouldn’t necessarily read anything into that. Courier firms are known for routing parcels in seemingly arcane ways. Pretty sure HiBy is in Dongguan which is in the same province (Guangdong) but is a different city to Guangzhou.

Feb 9, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #1,289 of 6,628
That's true, but Guangzhou->Hong Kong->Sepang->Guangzhou seems a little bit too arcane to me.

Kuala Lumpur is a pretty big airport, there doesn't seem a good reason why FedEx can't sent a parcel to Europe from there.

I've asked HiBy for an explanation via their IG page - they're looking into it.

It's probably ok, but it just feels weird.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back