HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Dec 8, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #361 of 6,628
Thanks for that...indeed sir that is the direction I am leaning....I believe it does infact to current date tic the boxes for me....sigh ....the money spent on another set of iems isn't the biggest deal ...it will be the theoretical research ahead of me living in a small state few retailers for demo opportunity for this hobby....at any rate thanks again sir

Being from Hawaii, I never get a chance to demo ANYTHING before buying. It's always just a shot in the dark based on specs and subjective reviews here on head-fi.

Then I went on a trip to Japan last month and discovered Yodobashi. Geez, I didn't know places like that existed. I think I almost had a heart attack from the excitement. They had pretty much every single headphone, DAP, DAC, amps that I've ever known existed and more that I've never heard of. I feel so sheltered on this tiny island.:triportsad:

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #362 of 6,628
Being from Hawaii, I never get a chance to demo ANYTHING before buying. It's always just a shot in the dark based on specs and subjective reviews here on head-fi.

Then I went on a trip to Japan last month and discovered Yodobashi. Geez, I didn't know places like that existed. I think I almost had a heart attack from the excitement. They had pretty much every single headphone, DAP, DAC, amps that I've ever known existed and more that I've never heard of. I feel so sheltered on this tiny island.:triportsad:
My God it would be all I could do not to just start exercising maximum uh BUYING POWER in a store like that .....lol

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #363 of 6,628
I hear ya, Chris. Was talking the other day to a few of my buddies who rep that "biggest group of buyers", trying to explain to them what a dedicated audio player means. After a blank stare, I had to tell them "mp3 player, like an iPod" - they got that right away lol!!! It was like talking to a wall, since their mentality of sound upgrade is in getting a new pair of headphones with more bass, nobody cares about the source since they only use their smartphones... That's a sad reality, DAPs are still catered to audiophiles who appreciate it.

Regarding high output impedance, is that an official spec or speculation based on output impedance of head-amp section, anybody? Sorry, i didn't look through every post of the thread, only the last few pages, and didn't see the spec on IGG page. Nothing is wrong with high output impedance, but, for example, 5 ohm impedance of M2s did change low end impact and treble energy of a number of my lower impedance multi-BAs when I tested that pair up. Not saying it was a bad change, but it was noticeable enough.

This DAP actually has a punch that is notable. Planar, Multi BA, DD, Hybrid, all exhibit same trait. I am skipping over the impedance talk because it can cause me to start looking for things I am not already hearing. So am ignoring it. My review will be mine.

Sounds great. Am very stoked. Very much like the Calyx-M which might be my all time fave.

Am I dreaming or will this be the first Android dap with enough RAM to actually run android smoothly and not just a designated Player app like literally every other android dap out there right now?!

I need to see/read some hands on reviews to believe this 3gb RAM sorcery!

Oh it blazes. Like using my phone. For a person with ADHD that is huge. Time is money...even milliseconds:wink: Am not wasting any with this. I have been Droid since before there were any real connection between music players and android. First one to supply enough engine power to use it like it is commonly used...on a phone.

@Hawaiibadboy Soundwise who similar is it to Calyx M?

First thought is PHA-3 with a screen and some more bass. Very wide...with bass. So that would kinda be the Calyx-M. If Calyx had continued and improved on what they did and modernized the internals maybe this would be the result?
They way the EX1000 sounded brought PHA-3 balanced with a pinch of bass to mind first. Ever since I got rid of the PHA-3 my EX1000 head time dropped. Now they get love again. Great pairing

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #365 of 6,628

Every time I go to Tokyo, Yodobashi in Akihaba is always one of my stop. When you go back there check e-earphone as well located in the same area at Akihabara. Not as big as Yodobashi, but Yodobashi might be missing a few exotic items which you can only find at e-earphone. Plus they have a great collection of used/refurbished items at discounted prices.

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #366 of 6,628
I wanted this!!

YAY!!!!

20171209_114325.jpg

giphy.gif

20171209_114202.jpg
20171209_114210.jpg

Dec 8, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #367 of 6,628
Mirror mirror on the wall, which is the prettiest DAP of them all? :L3000:

IMG_20171208_214958.jpg

IMG_20171208_215300.jpg
IMG_20171208_215115.jpg

Am I dreaming or will this be the first Android dap with enough RAM to actually run android smoothly and not just a designated Player app like literally every other android dap out there right now?!

I need to see/read some hands on reviews to believe this 3gb RAM sorcery!

The UI on this is ridiculously fast. Spotify and Tidal runs buttery smooth with nary a stutter to be seen. The main music player is smooth and fast. This DAP runs faster than my phone damn lol.

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #371 of 6,628
@Hawaiibadboy : I just known that you lived in Japan. My question is off-topic. Which UIEM/CIEM brands are popular in Japan? I rarely see Japanese use 64Audio brand.

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #372 of 6,628
@Hawaiibadboy : I just known that you lived in Japan. My question is off-topic. Which UIEM/CIEM brands are popular in Japan? I rarely see Japanese use 64Audio brand.

UE Ultimate Ears..I see them all the time, custom versions.
Empire Ears, U.M is really popular some of their stuff is Japan only versions J.H.
Q.D.C

Q.D.C with real laser etched gold plate and sapphire ruby gems.
Japanese love individual unique stuff as the culture is drone,same.together...the IEM are another way to break away.
qdc.jpg

/OT

Dec 9, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #374 of 6,628
UE Ultimate Ears..I see them all the time, custom versions.
Empire Ears, U.M is really popular some of their stuff is Japan only versions J.H.
Q.D.C

Q.D.C with real laser etched gold plate and sapphire ruby gems.
Japanese love individual unique stuff as the culture is drone,same.together...the IEM are another way to break away.

/OT
Would love a SQ comparison with DX200 in due course. Not that it matters, I’ve already pulled the trigger on indiegogo

Dec 9, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #375 of 6,628

I feel you braddah. Being in this hobby and in Hawaii is a tough one. I was in Japan earlier this year as well and I found myself in a Bic Camera shop that had quite a few headphones and iem to sample. I couldn't resist it but I started demoing some and what felt like 10 min actually ended up being 2hrs haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back