HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Mar 8, 2024 at 5:08 AM Post #526 of 610
It's a feature, not a bug, we don't want someone butt-dialling the volume button and it going on repeat until the volume goes through the roof.
Hi Joe, thank you for the response. I understand your point of view. However I think it would be nice to have this as a option in the settings to activate (to long press the volume button when screen is turned off). I (and I think a good amount of people that are careful) would never accidently press any button even less accidently long press it (even tho there is already a "fn" button that can prevent accidental pressings) and sometimes I'd like to change the volume button fast when a song goes in and its louder (I prefer adjusting it myself than using replay gain). Also pressing too much the volume button could cause the volume button to wear faster than it should.

Also, could you confirm if the "pause button glitch" as mentioned above really exists?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #527 of 610
Hi Joe, thank you for the response. I understand your point of view. However I think it would be nice to have this as a option in the settings to activate (to long press the volume button when screen is turned off). I (and I think a good amount of people that are careful) would never accidently press any button even less accidently long press it (even tho there is already a "fn" button that can prevent accidental pressings) and sometimes I'd like to change the volume button fast when a song goes in and its louder (I prefer adjusting it myself than using replay gain). Also pressing too much the volume button could cause the volume button to wear faster than it should.

Also, could you confirm if the "pause button glitch" as mentioned above really exists?

Thank you!
The issue of pausing using the pause button but then not being able to unpause using that same button may be caused by the CPU having gone into sleep after the music was paused. I've had this happen occasionally with various Android devices (with earphone remote buttons, which are equivalent to this button on the M300)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 12, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #528 of 610
I have just ordered the M300. I wanted to know how to incorporate the MSEB tunings on it? Is it some kind of a download? And will it do its thing with the tuning even if i just use Apple Music app or it will only apply to downloaded files?

Mar 12, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #529 of 610
I have just ordered the M300. I wanted to know how to incorporate the MSEB tunings on it? Is it some kind of a download? And will it do its thing with the tuning even if i just use Apple Music app or it will only apply to downloaded files?
On the M300, MSEB is not “system-wide”. It is part of HiByMusic, so it won’t apply to Apple Music. For downloaded files, MSEB only applies if you play the files through HiByMusic.

The M300 is pretty much a plain vanilla Android device. HiByMusic and MSEB have no preferential treatment as compared to any other App, such as Apple Music…

Mar 12, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #530 of 610
On the M300, MSEB is not “system-wide”. It is part of HiByMusic, so it won’t apply to Apple Music. For downloaded files, MSEB only applies if you play the files through HiByMusic.

The M300 is pretty much a plain vanilla Android device. HiByMusic and MSEB have no preferential treatment as compared to any other App, such as Apple Music…
Ah okay. Thanks.

Mar 14, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #531 of 610

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/introducing-the-all-new-hiby-drx10k.968627/

Can I download and use this on M300 and would it then apply to streaming etc also? And I just download it straight on to the device through browser is it?

Mar 14, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #532 of 610
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/introducing-the-all-new-hiby-drx10k.968627/

Can I download and use this on M300 and would it then apply to streaming etc also? And I just download it straight on to the device through browser is it?
Not directly… @Joe Bloggs has developed a version of DRX10K for RootlessJamesDSP. That’s what I use on my M300 (search this thread and the DRX10K thread for more information).

The installation and use of RLJDSP & Shizuku are a little complicated, but it is well worth the effort IMO: DRX10K is absolutely great, and RootlessJamesDSP is a really powerful software to tinker with…

Mar 14, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #533 of 610
Not directly… @Joe Bloggs has developed a version of DRX10K for RootlessJamesDSP. That’s what I use on my M300 (search this thread and the DRX10K thread for more information).

The installation and use of RLJDSP & Shizuku are a little complicated, but it is well worth the effort IMO: DRX10K is absolutely great, and RootlessJamesDSP is a really powerful software to tinker with…
Thanks! Will search for jamesdsp

Mar 14, 2024 at 10:44 PM Post #534 of 610
Thanks! Will search for jamesdsp
Note that it’s “RootlessJamesDSP”, the version of JamesDSP that does not require a rooted Android… But it does require Shizuku, its companion app: Shizuku “tricks” Android by registering as a wireless audio device service. It intercepts the audio output from any Android app, makes it available to RLJDSP, and re-root the output to the actual audio out—the M300 DAC/Amp, a BT TWS, or a USB dongle.
Shizuku requires enabling the developer options and Wireless debugging, but the process is fairly well explained in Shizuku.

Both RootlessJamesDSP and Shizuku are available on the PlayStore… and they are free! :ksc75smile:

Mar 15, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #535 of 610
Note that it’s “RootlessJamesDSP”, the version of JamesDSP that does not require a rooted Android… But it does require Shizuku, its companion app: Shizuku “tricks” Android by registering as a wireless audio device service. It intercepts the audio output from any Android app, makes it available to RLJDSP, and re-root the output to the actual audio out—the M300 DAC/Amp, a BT TWS, or a USB dongle.
Shizuku requires enabling the developer options and Wireless debugging, but the process is fairly well explained in Shizuku.

Both RootlessJamesDSP and Shizuku are available on the PlayStore… and they are free! :ksc75smile:
1000057613.jpg

Got it set up on the hibym300. That's default settings.

Now I have to search to understand what and how to use these stuff. (No clue!). Will search.

Basically, I first downloaded shizuku on m300 and followed instructions. Then fired up rootlessjamesdsp on m300 and arrivéd at the above screen.

Hope there is no other plugin to be loaded for Hiby M300. Just these 2 and now I tinker (after understanding) with jamesdsp, right..

Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #536 of 610

Got it set up on the hibym300. That's default settings.

Now I have to search to understand what and how to use these stuff. (No clue!). Will search.

Basically, I first downloaded shizuku on m300 and followed instructions. Then fired up rootlessjamesdsp on m300 and arrivéd at the above screen.

Hope there is no other plugin to be loaded for Hiby M300. Just these 2 and now I tinker (after understanding) with jamesdsp, right..

Thanks
Ah there is another main thing to be hatched onto rootlessjamesdsp. As advised in the below link by joe bloggs.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hib...player-discussion-thread.970428/post-17884458

I downloaded that script. Loaded it up to rootlessdsp. Lowered the buffer. And got the screen attached . Now I shall search more to find how to use
1000057656.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #537 of 610
Ah there is another main thing to be hatched onto rootlessjamesdsp. As advised in the below link by joe bloggs.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hib...player-discussion-thread.970428/post-17884458

I downloaded that script. Loaded it up to rootlessdsp. Lowered the buffer. And got the screen attached . Now I shall search more to find how to use 1000057656.jpg
I would start by playing around with the bass, mids and treble dynamics sliders, which work as described here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/introducing-the-all-new-hiby-drx10k.968627/ . The "limit bias" slider (offscreen below your screenshot) is the other significant main slider as per this description: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pro...y-rs6-rs8-rs2-fc6.969083/page-4#post-17821118

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 16, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #538 of 610
I would start by playing around with the bass, mids and treble dynamics sliders, which work as described here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/introducing-the-all-new-hiby-drx10k.968627/ . The "limit bias" slider (offscreen below your screenshot) is the other significant main slider as per this description: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/proof-of-evolution—darwin-filters-v2-for-hiby-rs6-rs8-rs2-fc6.969083/page-4#post-17821118
Thanks! will do. Bass and Treble dynamics work kick-ass! Couldn't see much effect in mids - though that could be cos of the heavy metal number I am running on apple music. Haven't had time yet to play different genre. Treble was too cool - i increased and the cymbal crashes had that twang. Bass punch was immediately noticeable. Have reverted to default by pressing that 'refresh' sort of button on top. Will tweak around tonight.
Couldn't understand much of the names in the main screen (other than your 13 parameters thingy). Though the surround sound thing was noticeble of course. Out of head plays above my head a touch, though I settled on your 'realistic surround' version there'. Rest of the stuff i haven't tweaked. will google to try understand them.

Will also see the limit bias slider that you mention above.

Thanks again. Fab stuff.

And I have to say this: even without these tweaks, I am loving the Hiby M300 as it is for the last few days. The low end in particular is pleasurably ultra-taut as compared to just phone/dongle i was using before. And battery drain is of course lesser than the phone. But with streaming it doesn't go beyond 10 hours but I am fine with it as it still way better than my phone/dongle usage.

So those who are still on the fence on this device - please to buy it especially if you are coming from my usage case sort of experience of using phone with dongles with 3.5 mm termination.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #539 of 610
Small but annoying issue. Suddenly, the swipe ability has disappeared from the M300 keyboard despite enabling it in the settings. I type the album/song name in apple music search and without swipe gesture, it's annoying. It used to work, gone after couple of recent updates.

Unless i have messed it up otherwise. Anyone else facing this issue?

Mar 18, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #540 of 610
Thanks! will do. Bass and Treble dynamics work kick-ass! Couldn't see much effect in mids - though that could be cos of the heavy metal number I am running on apple music. Haven't had time yet to play different genre. Treble was too cool - i increased and the cymbal crashes had that twang. Bass punch was immediately noticeable. Have reverted to default by pressing that 'refresh' sort of button on top. Will tweak around tonight.
Couldn't understand much of the names in the main screen (other than your 13 parameters thingy). Though the surround sound thing was noticeble of course. Out of head plays above my head a touch, though I settled on your 'realistic surround' version there'. Rest of the stuff i haven't tweaked. will google to try understand them.

Will also see the limit bias slider that you mention above.

Thanks again. Fab stuff.

And I have to say this: even without these tweaks, I am loving the Hiby M300 as it is for the last few days. The low end in particular is pleasurably ultra-taut as compared to just phone/dongle i was using before. And battery drain is of course lesser than the phone. But with streaming it doesn't go beyond 10 hours but I am fine with it as it still way better than my phone/dongle usage.

So those who are still on the fence on this device - please to buy it especially if you are coming from my usage case sort of experience of using phone with dongles with 3.5 mm termination.

If you want to continue exploring RootLessJamesDSP capabilities, you may want to take a look at Shannon Pierce stuff at: https://github.com/ShanonPearce/ASH-Listening-Set

The "BRIR" (Binaural Room Impulse Responses) were recorded from various rooms and studio (36 rooms total). You can load each one of these room / source directions in RJDSP convolver.

The headphones/IEM should be EQ'd to a diffuse-field target frequency target, which you can get from AutoEQ and load into RLJDSP as Arbitrary Response Equalizer (a text file of the "error relative to the target). Shannon Pierce also has diffuse-field EQs for a bunch of headphones that you can use as well if it matches what you're using.

@Joe Bloggs did the same thing for the XOE IEM with one BRIR (see: post #207 above).

This is amazing stuff, well worth spending listening time IMHO !!! :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back