HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Mar 1, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #511 of 611
its just me, or when the m300 is playing music with the screen turned off you cant long press the volume button to change the volume "faster"? instead you need to click on the button multiple times. is this happening only with me? I'm using the latest firmware version and poweramp app.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #512 of 611
PXL_20240229_001312575.PORTRAIT.jpg
I'm quite impressed by this mighty little DAP. It has excellent synergy with IE300/IE600. Match made in heaven. 🤩 Build quality is also excellent and lightweight.

Very fun, organic, and non-fatiguing musical sound with good enough detail and wide soundstage. Typical Cirus Logic sound, warm and inviting, almost R-2R like. :ksc75smile:

Size is perfect and it checks a lot of the boxes for me. Perfect for on-the-go listening and travel. I have more expensive DAPs but this holds its own and is just as enjoyable. 👍

The mic and speaker is useless to me. My only wish for next iteration is they replace the terrible speaker with 4.4m balanced jack and improve battery performance. Right now I'm averaging maybe little over ~10 hours on WiFi and DLNA streaming.

I don't think they should target this player just for Gen Z, I enjoy this very much as a millennial/audiophile.

P.S. don't tell HiBy, but I think their sub-brand makes better products. 😅 This sounds better than HiBy R6 2020 tbh. 😏

Edit: I am able to get a full charge to 100% in less than an hour so that's a plus 👍
Say, can I get links for the wallpaper in the photo, and however you got the home screen in that manner?

Mar 2, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #515 of 611
Mar 2, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #516 of 611
Question for @Joe Bloggs or anyone who has experienced this problem:

I just got an M300 and everything is fine except for when I try to use a USB DAC dongle with the M300. I have three dongles: a cheap CX31993, a Fiio KA11 and a Colorfly CDA-M1P. Only the Colorfly has a detachable cable. All three work fine with my cellphones and my Hiby R3 II. Plugged into the M300, only the cheap one is detected (by the system, Hiby and UAPP apps) and works fine. The indicator lights on the other two light up, but there's no recognition by the M300 that they're connected. Oddly enough, if I use a different USB cable (a cheap generic one) with the Colorfly, it suddenly works as well. I can deal with it the way it is, as I only one I would use with it is the Colorfly, to allow use of my 4.4mm IEMs. I just wonder if there might be a software or hardware issue that may cause additional problems down the road. I could exchange M300 for another one over the next 30 days (Amazon), but I don't like returning stuff if I don't have to. The M300 is updated to the latest firmware. TIA.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 1:13 AM Post #517 of 611
Question for @Joe Bloggs or anyone who has experienced this problem:

I just got an M300 and everything is fine except for when I try to use a USB DAC dongle with the M300. I have three dongles: a cheap CX31993, a Fiio KA11 and a Colorfly CDA-M1P. Only the Colorfly has a detachable cable. All three work fine with my cellphones and my Hiby R3 II. Plugged into the M300, only the cheap one is detected (by the system, Hiby and UAPP apps) and works fine. The indicator lights on the other two light up, but there's no recognition by the M300 that they're connected. Oddly enough, if I use a different USB cable (a cheap generic one) with the Colorfly, it suddenly works as well. I can deal with it the way it is, as I only one I would use with it is the Colorfly, to allow use of my 4.4mm IEMs. I just wonder if there might be a software or hardware issue that may cause additional problems down the road. I could exchange M300 for another one over the next 30 days (Amazon), but I don't like returning stuff if I don't have to. The M300 is updated to the latest firmware. TIA.
Hi Mike,

Our team has tried the player with various DACs but will try to get their hands on the KA11 or the colorfly for testing, thanks.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 5, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #518 of 611
How is the battery life? I have read many reviews and the results are very mixed. Some people last over 20 hours and some don't even get 8 hours. I understand that it depends on the use and the time the screen is on, but even so, I find this variance very large..

Mar 5, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #519 of 611
How is the battery life? I have read many reviews and the results are very mixed. Some people last over 20 hours and some don't even get 8 hours. I understand that it depends on the use and the time the screen is on, but even so, I find this variance very large..
Vow, who got over 20 hours? I'm sure now that even with cable I'm closer to the 8-10 hours... Which is a really pity... Because otherwise it's great (assuming you just use it for listening music, not recording or listening radio, watching videos etc)

Mar 5, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #520 of 611
I'm getting around 10+ hours through WiFi streaming. Music only; no videos or games.

Haven't tried it yet, but I bet if I listen to local files only without WiFi (airplane mode), I might be able to push around 15 maybe 20 hours if I'm lucky (Going by experience from my Sony Walkman).

Great thing about it is it charges pretty fast, so it's not that bad at all. Overall, I'd say not great but pretty decent battery life. It's only 2000mAh battery pack after all.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #521 of 611
It is a 2000mAh battery (which is small, just as the unit is small) but there are some very battery-friendly usage scenarios on the M300, such as listening wired to local music. This is not a particularly battery-friendly scenario on other devices with discrete class AB amplification, but is so on the M300 (and earlier, the R5 II on eco mode) with their hi-tech battery-friendly switchmode amplification built into their HiFi SoCs. So battery life is as long as all that if you play to its strength, not so if the screen is on a lot, and the CPU, WiFi etc. works harder with different apps, UI etc.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 6, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #522 of 611
its just me, or when the m300 is playing music with the screen turned off you cant long press the volume button to change the volume "faster"? instead you need to click on the button multiple times. is this happening only with me? I'm using the latest firmware version and poweramp app.
Yeah, I am having the same issue, just so you know you are not alone. I have that issue no matter which player I use, hopefully this gets a firmware update.

Mar 7, 2024 at 6:08 AM Post #523 of 611
Yeah, I am having the same issue, just so you know you are not alone. I have that issue no matter which player I use, hopefully this gets a firmware update.
Hi, Jimi. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one having this issue. Thank you for the reply!

Also, do you have a issue when you are listening to a song with the screen light turned off and you press the button that pause the song, the song pauses, but when you want to "unpause" it you cant? So you need to turn on your screen and then you can "unpause" or you go to the player app and unpause it there. Are you having this issue too?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #524 of 611
Hi, Jimi. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one having this issue. Thank you for the reply!

Also, do you have a issue when you are listening to a song with the screen light turned off and you press the button that pause the song, the song pauses, but when you want to "unpause" it you cant? So you need to turn on your screen and then you can "unpause" or you go to the player app and unpause it there. Are you having this issue too?

Thank you!
I have only had that Pause glitch once so far. Just make sure you are hitting the top of the rocker. I think if we hit the middle of the rocker it could cause this issue. I will try paying for attention to this.

Mar 8, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #525 of 611
It's a feature, not a bug, we don't want someone butt-dialling the volume button and it going on repeat until the volume goes through the roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back