HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Feb 10, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #481 of 638
  • Good USB DAC support (It supports an A&K DAP in USB DAC mode, so it’ll support most anything lol)
Can you elaborate on this? You're saying that the M300 can be a USB DAC? Or you enabled the A&K's DAC mode and connected via USB-C to it?

Feb 12, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #482 of 638
Can you elaborate on this? You're saying that the M300 can be a USB DAC? Or you enabled the A&K's DAC mode and connected via USB-C to it?
I connected my M300 to my A&K Kann Alpha via C to C. M300 in “File Browse” USB mode, Kann Alpha in “USB DAC” mode. So the M300 was using the KA as a dongle DAC

Feb 12, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #483 of 638
Hi, my M300 has just developed an issue where the screen is completely black and blank.
In a dark room you can see a slight blue sheen and that the backlight is very slightly activated, however nothing is visible on screen.

The unit is definitely powered on, because I still get haptic feedback when holding the power button. If I hold the power button down I also see a brief flash on the screen as if it's trying to turn the screen on.

I wanted to try and restart it, but holding down the power button does nothing (vibration aside) and despite searching online, I can't seem to find instructions on manual restart/reset aside from holding power button.

I updated to the latest firmware a few days ago, and the unit seemed to have become a little unresponsive/laggy just prior to this happening yesterday.

I've contacted HIBY support but they are currently out of office until after 17th February (Chinese New Year period).

Any help/ideas please? I was hoping the unit would run out of battery and I could then recharge and possibly restart, but 24hrs later it still has charge so will have to wait.

Thanks
Mine has unfortunately... done the same. Any way you've recovered from this? Very frustrated.

Feb 13, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #484 of 638
Mine has unfortunately... done the same. Any way you've recovered from this? Very frustrated.
Sorry to hear that jase2k.

No, couldn't get it to work and HiBy have told me I need to send it back to them in China, it's a real pain in the arse as I was really enjoying using it.
It's only five weeks old, just a week sooner and I could have sent it back to Amazon and just bought a replacement. Now I'll have to wait however long it takes for HIBY to repair or replace via China.

Drop them a line on support via their website.

Feb 13, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #485 of 638
Sorry to hear that jase2k.

No, couldn't get it to work and HiBy have told me I need to send it back to them in China, it's a real pain in the arse as I was really enjoying using it.
It's only five weeks old, just a week sooner and I could have sent it back to Amazon and just bought a replacement. Now I'll have to wait however long it takes for HIBY to repair or replace via China.

Drop them a line on support via their website.
Big bummer. I had high hopes for this thing, I was enjoying it the time I had it as well.
Guess I'll return it to Amazon for my money back. Hit them up but don't expect to hear back.

Thanks for responding brother!

Cheers

Feb 13, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #486 of 638
Big bummer. I had high hopes for this thing, I was enjoying it the time I had it as well.
Guess I'll return it to Amazon for my money back. Hit them up but don't expect to hear back.

Thanks for responding brother!

Cheers
Chinese New Year holidays are on and they come back to work the week after 20th

Feb 14, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #491 of 638
Hi, is that mean the sample rate is still go through the SRC while using USB output/external DAC?
Yes. There is no SRC by pass for any kind of output. Except when using apps using exclusive usb access like UAPP, Neutron etc., when connected to external DAC.

Feb 14, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #493 of 638
To shuffle all songs in your library :

Click on the music symbol
all songs-title then shuffle play all tracks (you can change from sequential/loop/shuffle)

My screen says 'Loop Single'.... whereas yours ^^^^ says 'Shuffle All'. What to do, anyone, please?
I touched it...and when I took my finger away, it said Shuffle All. I clicked forward through a couple of songs and sure enough it's on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back