Help me make my disision! Please help a wallet hungry hifier out!
Jun 19, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #16 of 39
I feel like you can get what you want for less money. Take a look at Ultrasone would be my first suggestion. The HFI-2400 and PRO2900 specifically. Or Denon, the AH-D2000 and AH-D5000. The PRO2900 is probably the most accurate of the bunch, the HFI-2400 probably the best value. None of these run more than $500. You do not need to spend >$1000 for any reason imho. :)

Amplification for all four of those is fairly minimal in terms of need - FiiO amps will do you fine. I'll leave the computer choice to someone else - let's just say I disagree (oh and if this is financed, disregard all of this advice: do not buy anything until you can actually afford it (and I don't need to hear the sob story)). :xf_eek:

Jun 19, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #17 of 39
Quote:
Please for the love of FSM, save your (or your parents'?) money. You really don't know how to handle it at this point. Buy a really nice IEM like the Sony EX600 or Vsonic GR07 or Brainwavz B2, and use your phone as the source, and look into getting a sturdy ThinkPad as a computer. Put the other $1000+++ into savings or a Money Market.

I guess you failed to read the description, I'm financing the equipment. I am not a child. As a matter of fact my the majority of my family believes all headphones are the same or my favorite quote "beats by dre must be good since they cost so much and lady gaga loves them".

Jun 19, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #18 of 39
Quote:
I feel like you can get what you want for less money. Take a look at Ultrasone would be my first suggestion. The HFI-2400 and PRO2900 specifically. Or Denon, the AH-D2000 and AH-D5000. The PRO2900 is probably the most accurate of the bunch, the HFI-2400 probably the best value. None of these run more than $500. You do not need to spend >$1000 for any reason imho.
smily_headphones1.gif

Amplification for all four of those is fairly minimal in terms of need - FiiO amps will do you fine. I'll leave the computer choice to someone else - let's just say I disagree (oh and if this is financed, disregard all of this advice: do not buy anything until you can actually afford it (and I don't need to hear the sob story)).
redface.gif

I appreciate your suggestions, I am already looking at them now.  Would you take the AH-D5000 over the Pro 900? I like bass but enjoyed my Grados and HD 595s when I had them. Honestly I am looking to upgrade and purchase a new setup, that's why my budget is high. Everyone seemed to assume I am a child since I don't own a computer, but my previous computer was old, crappy, ran XP, and had blue screens like every 4 hours. That's why I have to buy a new computer, and I have a job, good credit, hence why I got accepted for my financing. 

Jun 19, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #19 of 39
The denon 5000s are very nice headphones and easily modded. The open-back mod took them to another level. I wish I still had them :frowning2:

Jun 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #20 of 39
So you're paying much more over a longer period... and I'm not supposed to think better decisions can be made?

Quote:
I guess you failed to read the description, I'm financing the equipment. I am not a child. As a matter of fact my the majority of my family believes all headphones are the same or my favorite quote "beats by dre must be good since they cost so much and lady gaga loves them".

Jun 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #21 of 39
Soundstige I think you are missing his point. He is pointing out that he is not a child. I think he feels you misinterpreted him as a child.

Jun 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #22 of 39
So you're paying much more over a longer period... and I'm not supposed to think better decisions can be made?

IMO its better than paying small amounts over 2 years. At least my financing deal is only for a year. I would like to have a expensive headphone now, since I owned the hd555, hd595, dt770, dt880, and monster turbine pro copper and grado sr80i. I had a Asgard and fiio D3.

Please just tell me if you prefer the T1 or D7000 or HE-500. I looking at the LYR Bifrost combo but heard the beyerdynamic A1 or Woo Audio WA2/WA6. Also looking at the the Music Fatality VDAC MK2.

Jun 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #23 of 39
When the options the OP is recommending vary so greatly in price and sound signature of headphones, it's very easy to think they need financial advice as much as headphone advice. It's not like I ignored OP. And then talking about financing, well, my suspicions were proven to be true. But hey, if you feel it's commendable to recommend someone jump into a huge purchase when they clearly don't know what they want, and you have no guilt doing that, go for it.

Quote:
Soundstige I think you are missing his point. He is pointing out that he is not a child. I think he feels you misinterpreted him as a child.

Jun 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #24 of 39
I read in another thread that Lyr is not recommended pairing for D7000 while they are great products. I think that D7000 are better value for the money and the money save on headphones you for DAC and AMP

Jun 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #25 of 39
Quote:
 Also looking at the the Music Fatality VDAC MK2.

lol, I think you mean Fidelity, but I like your name better

Jun 20, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

lol, I think you mean Fidelity, but I like your name better

Yeah I have been replying via my phone so typos and autocorrect galore. 

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #27 of 39
Quote:
Yeah I have been replying via my phone so typos and autocorrect galore. 

lol, I know the feeling. Autocorrect seems to have a mind of its own. 

Jun 20, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #28 of 39
Quote:
When the options the OP is recommending vary so greatly in price and sound signature of headphones, it's very easy to think they need financial advice as much as headphone advice. It's not like I ignored OP. And then talking about financing, well, my suspicions were proven to be true. But hey, if you feel it's commendable to recommend someone jump into a huge purchase when they clearly don't know what they want, and you have no guilt doing that, go for it.

There you go again getting defensive as usual. I didn't say you were wrong in your comment regarding "considering cheaper options". But how your comment came off as if the OP was saying your comment isn't warranted. Which is not the case. The OP just didn't want to be misconstrued as a child. Now if I am to recommend a headphone to him I'd need to know what sound signature he is after. Does he love bass, neutrality, a large sound stage, etc... I take all of this into account before jumping into a purchase myself. I do experiment though to find if there are different sound signatures to my liking. You're bound to get burned even when studying on headfi before a purchase but the information gathered can be invaluable and save you money at the same time.

Jun 20, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #29 of 39
i think the op knows what hes getting himself into, i think his mentality now is getting an end game setup and be done because he has already experienced quite a number of 300 400ish bucks headphones before...

Jun 20, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #30 of 39
Defensive as usual? lol? Are you familiar with me in person? Do you generally confuse explanation with putting up a defense?
Quote:
There you go again getting defensive as usual. I didn't say you were wrong in your comment regarding "considering cheaper options". But how your comment came off as if the OP was saying your comment isn't warranted. Which is not the case. The OP just didn't want to be misconstrued as a child. Now if I am to recommend a headphone to him I'd need to know what sound signature he is after. Does he love bass, neutrality, a large sound stage, etc... I take all of this into account before jumping into a purchase myself. I do experiment though to find if there are different sound signatures to my liking. You're bound to get burned even when studying on headfi before a purchase but the information gathered can be invaluable and save you money at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back