Headphones for Electronic music (Mainly UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabba) ~ Less than 200
Aug 12, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #16 of 26
I didn't like LP2 personally for the price I paid, I thought it was more like $75 (but maybe $130 with optimal EQ settings) worth of sound but perhaps it's because I like lower volume listening and LPs are meant for louder listening due to very recessed highs. For me I had a problem with the recessed highs (needed +3.5dB boost at 8kHz and like 5.5dB at 16kHz to appear evenly with the mids) but then I also noticed an annoying resonance/shouty upper-mid prob around 3.5kHz region and the bass wasn't textured & controlled enough for my liking. M50 are definitely better sounding pair of headphones but it also doesn't have anywhere close to the bass quantity of LP2.

Aug 12, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #18 of 26
Ugh i am so new to all of this stuff.. All this technical stuff about highs, mids, and lows.. :/ Since I will be getting my first pair, I wouldn't know what any of the technical things you guys talk about. I know impedance and ohms, I just don't know what you guys mean by soundstage and what not.. Is there a guide somewhere to learn all of this? Because I want to know sound. I don't want to be the guy who doesn't even know what he is talking about :p

Aug 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:
I didn't like LP2 personally for the price I paid, I thought it was more like $75 (but maybe $130 with optimal EQ settings) worth of sound but perhaps it's because I like lower volume listening and LPs are meant for louder listening due to very recessed highs. For me I had a problem with the recessed highs (needed +3.5dB boost at 8kHz and like 5.5dB at 16kHz to appear evenly with the mids) but then I also noticed an annoying resonance/shouty upper-mid prob around 3.5kHz region and the bass wasn't textured & controlled enough for my liking. M50 are definitely better sounding pair of headphones but it also doesn't have anywhere close to the bass quantity of LP2.

I am hearing that if you burn them in for a bit that sounds balance out. Is this true? I also hear that the crossfades leak? Do they? and if so, how badly?

Aug 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:
I am hearing that if you burn them in for a bit that sounds balance out. Is this true? I also hear that the crossfades leak? Do they? and if so, how badly?

I had burned in them for the suggested +20 hrs and didn't hear enough improvements. The Crossfades leak a bit, nothing too major but I never did any exact investigations on this personally as it's not a concern for me personally.

Aug 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:
Sorry for another question, but do they creak? People when giving reviews are complaining that a few hours in, the screws or something start to creak when you move your head.. ?

Haven't been using them enough to be able to give an accurate answer on that.

Aug 15, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #25 of 26
Just letting you know I was like hell with all the research and waiting. I just ordered Audio Technica ATH-M50. 

i have the same problem i'm torn between the v-moda and the m50's. when will your m50's arrive, can you inform us about how it turns out with the bass? i'm going to order one today or maybe tomorrow the latest i think. also, did you get the coiled one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back