Headphonelounge Cables - Appreciation Thread
Sep 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #17 of 183
I think you should of put them all on one post lol.

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #19 of 183
I just bought my se846 and looking for a cable.
Any recommendations?

Thanks

If you use the blue or black filters mostly, no question go with the pure OCC silver cables. I use them with my 846 and I could not be happier. The silver brings a clarity and tightness to the overall sound that is materially better than the stock cables. The fit is also a heck of a lot better.

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #20 of 183

Here is a cable made by headphone lounge. its the neotech pure silver, westone pine and oyiade right angle plug.

i must say Ted from Headphone Lounge is one of the TOP TOP TOP person i have ever dealt with off here, answers any and all questions, his lead times are the best ive dealt with. and i have dealt with basicly all of your boutique headpohone cable makers on gere. he is the top of the list. his knowledge and his workmanship and is extremely genuine. i reccomend Ted's Headfood (headphone lounge) to anyone looking for information on getting a great cable/ getting quality and a bit of schooling and knowledge. A+++++++++++++++++ in my book

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #21 of 183
Here is a cable made by headphone lounge. its the neotech pure silver, westone pine and oyiade right angle plug.

i must say Ted from Headphone Lounge is one of the TOP TOP TOP person i have ever dealt with off here, answers any and all questions, his lead times are the best ive dealt with. and i have dealt with basicly all of your boutique headpohone cable makers on gere. he is the top of the list. his knowledge and his workmanship and is extremely genuine. i reccomend Ted's Headfood (headphone lounge) to anyone looking for information on getting a great cable/ getting quality and a bit of schooling and knowledge. A+++++++++++++++++ in my book

Nice feedback.
Great to hear that people are appreciating Ted's work.

He makes terrific products.

Sep 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #22 of 183
Hi All,

I have a set of Ted's cables coming in on Thursday for my Shure SE846 IEMs. I cannot comment on the cables yet, but what I wanted to share was that Ted was awesome to work with.  I personally did not know all the connectors I needed and etc...  Through a some conversation and questions, Ted was able to really help me decide and explore alternatives.  Did I mention he called me back on Sunday?  When have you ever had a vendor call you back on Sunday?  Needless to say I am extremely impressed with the customer service alone....and Ted is a really cool guy to talk hi-fi with.

I eagerly await my new cables and will be happy to report back

Thanks Ted!

Sep 17, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #23 of 183
He's the best..
I just started to use a silver cable ,Ted made for my HD800
Build quality =excellent
SQ..my 800's ,never sounded so good..its like a whole new headphone
Customer Service =outstanding ,as M Coupe stated.

Sep 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #24 of 183
The cables came in today and they are impeccable. They are:
-beautifully constructed
-improve the sound of my 846's
-more comfortable than stock cables

I thought so much of them after an 2 hours of listening that I gave Ted a call to let him know. Did I mention that Ted is a cool guy to work with?

Thanks Ted for such a well crafted product at a great value! It is easy to spend a fortune and not get much incremental improvement. In my case, I feel like I spent a little and got a lot in return.

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #25 of 183

Ted Just made me This Adapter Cable its RSA Female Plug to a Ibasso Hirose Plug. the Female end is in Purple Heart Wood Enclosure, Silver/Gold Wire was used...PHENOMENAL CRAFTSMANSHIP!

ted also made this for me, it started life as a toxic cable silver poison mini to mini, he turn it into a ibasso hirose male to rsa male......Ted is the man

Sep 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #26 of 183
My first cable from Ted arrived today, I haven't listened to it beyond testing that it works because it's too short, but it will be perfect for it's intended use (DAP in my work shirt pocket)

I can say that it looks great, seems to be well built and is surprisingly flexible - any sonic improvements will be an unexpected bonus.

That Ted was a pleasure to deal with is the icing on the cake, I know where to go next time I need a cable!

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #29 of 183
Quote:
I like the hybrid cable and the skull is a great touch. What IEM are those?  
I agree Ted's build quality is peerless.

No hybrid for me.  It's pure copper because I'm cheap and if anything a little bass emphasis would be welcomed, but I couldn't resist the skull
biggrin.gif

Quote:
IEM looks like Heir TZar series- 90/350
Nice cable!

Good spot (if you didn't cheat and read my sig
wink.gif
) - they're Tzar 90s.

Nearly time to see how it sounds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back