headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2004 at 6:24 AM Post #481 of 855
saw someone wearing a pair of grados (either the sr60 or sr80) along the streets of singapore..

..and am still recovering from the shock. a grado, in singapore!
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Sep 27, 2004 at 1:33 PM Post #483 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by zombietycho
Keep seeing a guy around uni with a really nice pair of AKGs. Hmm... mostly just stock Sony buds, but I've seen more then one pair of grados.

In Toronto? It might be me. [I have more hair now... and my eyes don't usually glow red like that pic
biggrin.gif
]

EDIT: just saw that you said 'around uni'... probably not me then. I usually only wear them on the subway.

Sep 27, 2004 at 1:43 PM Post #484 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
In Toronto? It might be me. [I have more hair now... and my eyes don't usually glow red like that pic
biggrin.gif
]

Where do you work? I'm at bloor and church.

Biggie.

Sep 27, 2004 at 1:45 PM Post #485 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
Where do you work? I'm at bloor and church.

Yonge and Finch... its a bitch of a commute
frown.gif

Oct 8, 2004 at 4:10 PM Post #486 of 855
I saw a guy with Grado SR60's around his neck at Queen & Bathurst on Tuesday when I was getting concert tickets at Rotate This. The streetcars were screwed, I listened to Lamb's entire self titled album and finally decided to walk it back to the university line. It was kind of good though, found a store that sells used CD's called Acid Records or something. Picked up some King Tubby and a CD by Desmond Williams.

[RANT]
The funny part was when I walked farther though. I think I was near the Silver Snail and this guy comes out and points at his ears in such a way that he looks like he is in a rap video. I take of my AKG K271 Studio's and he says:

Wigger: "DAMN, those headphones are TIGHT"
Me: "Thanks."
Wigger: "Do they have noise cancellation?"
Me: "No, that ruins the sound."
Wigger: "Do they go loud?"
Me: "Sure, they can go loud."

Then I sighed and walked away.

It was really funny because in his first statement he sounded exactly like the voice on one of those GI Joe remix's [on ebaumsworld] when he says "DAMN, those beats are so FRESH".

It was hard for me not to: A) burst into laughter B) beat him sensless

Thats what quiting smoking does it seems... turns you into a barely controlled ball of rage.
biggrin.gif

[/RANT]

Oct 8, 2004 at 4:17 PM Post #487 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Thats what quiting smoking does it seems... turns you into a barely controlled ball of rage.
biggrin.gif

[/RANT]

Consider starting again if you already want to beat up people for applauding your cans
evil_smiley.gif

I know the situation very well though, but my prime reason not to quit was not the rage, but the horrible smell on public transportation that I, non-smoking, was suddenly faced with again. So much better now...

Oct 8, 2004 at 4:48 PM Post #488 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
Consider starting again if you already want to beat up people for applauding your cans
evil_smiley.gif

I know the situation very well though, but my prime reason not to quit was not the rage, but the horrible smell on public transportation that I, non-smoking, was suddenly faced with again. So much better now...

lol... I'm hoping that the excessive rage will pass eventually
tongue.gif

I know what you mean, I can smell so much more now. I can also smell how much smokers stink [no offense]. I cant believe that I likely smelled like that not too long ago.
blink.gif

Oct 8, 2004 at 5:18 PM Post #489 of 855
I'm at U of Toronto, but I don't take my AKG501s out so none of you will see me
biggrin.gif

I have 1 person in my class with SR80.
A dude in the Bahen Lab with SR60.
A guy in dorm with SR60

Then bunch of Sony

Anyone here named Tom and is in 3rd year Mech Eng?

Oct 8, 2004 at 6:52 PM Post #491 of 855
Couldnt imagine wearing my K240S in public, everyone else would be listening along with me.

Nice avatar by the way
cool.gif

Oct 8, 2004 at 8:35 PM Post #492 of 855
At UBC I see sony V700s the most.. then after that would be sony v600s.

I have one TA with sony V6s, I see some portapros every now and then.. alot of sony street styles and ipod stock buds.

But I think I saw a guy with em-7s, and I did see a girl with Eggos, but i'm not sure which model they were. Saw two pairs of hd-570s, some sony EX-71SLs, and my friend said he saw someone with er-6i's.

Oct 8, 2004 at 8:57 PM Post #493 of 855
About a month ago, I saw a guy come in to our school's gym wearing a pair of Grado SR-60s or SR-80s...I think he was wondering why I was staring at his headphones. Around 2 weeks ago, I saw a guy come in with a pair of Ety ER-4P/S (I couldn't tell which one), so I asked him which kind he had. Turned out he had the 4Ps, but also bought the P->S converter cable. He seemed pleasantly surprised that I recognized the Etys.

Oct 8, 2004 at 11:40 PM Post #495 of 855
A couple of px200/px100's and a couple of 'dj' style headphones by JVC/Phillips and of course Sony. The rest are SOny clip-ons or generic earbuds.
I think I was really amazed when I say someone with ety's and an iRiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back