1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

headphone sightings?

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by driftwood, Mar 7, 2002.
Tags:
First

Back
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Next

Last
  1. adhoc Contributor
    saw someone wearing a pair of grados (either the sr60 or sr80) along the streets of singapore..

..and am still recovering from the shock. a grado, in singapore! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Vashin
    On campus here... there are my V600s than streetstyles~ What's wrong with my university?!

3. philodox Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zombietycho
    Keep seeing a guy around uni with a really nice pair of AKGs. Hmm... mostly just stock Sony buds, but I've seen more then one pair of grados.

In Toronto? It might be me. [I have more hair now... and my eyes don't usually glow red like that pic [​IMG] ]

EDIT: just saw that you said 'around uni'... probably not me then. I usually only wear them on the subway.

4. NotoriousBIG_PJ Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
    In Toronto? It might be me. [I have more hair now... and my eyes don't usually glow red like that pic [​IMG] ]

Where do you work? I'm at bloor and church.

Biggie.

5. philodox Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
    Where do you work? I'm at bloor and church.

Yonge and Finch... its a bitch of a commute [​IMG]

6. philodox Contributor
    I saw a guy with Grado SR60's around his neck at Queen & Bathurst on Tuesday when I was getting concert tickets at Rotate This. The streetcars were screwed, I listened to Lamb's entire self titled album and finally decided to walk it back to the university line. It was kind of good though, found a store that sells used CD's called Acid Records or something. Picked up some King Tubby and a CD by Desmond Williams.

[RANT]
    The funny part was when I walked farther though. I think I was near the Silver Snail and this guy comes out and points at his ears in such a way that he looks like he is in a rap video. I take of my AKG K271 Studio's and he says:

Wigger: "DAMN, those headphones are TIGHT"
    Me: "Thanks."
    Wigger: "Do they have noise cancellation?"
    Me: "No, that ruins the sound."
    Wigger: "Do they go loud?"
    Me: "Sure, they can go loud."

Then I sighed and walked away.

It was really funny because in his first statement he sounded exactly like the voice on one of those GI Joe remix's [on ebaumsworld] when he says "DAMN, those beats are so FRESH".

It was hard for me not to: A) burst into laughter B) beat him sensless

Thats what quiting smoking does it seems... turns you into a barely controlled ball of rage. [​IMG]
    [/RANT]

7. Oliver :) Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
    Thats what quiting smoking does it seems... turns you into a barely controlled ball of rage. [​IMG]
    [/RANT]

Consider starting again if you already want to beat up people for applauding your cans [​IMG]
    I know the situation very well though, but my prime reason not to quit was not the rage, but the horrible smell on public transportation that I, non-smoking, was suddenly faced with again. So much better now...

8. philodox Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
    Consider starting again if you already want to beat up people for applauding your cans [​IMG]
    I know the situation very well though, but my prime reason not to quit was not the rage, but the horrible smell on public transportation that I, non-smoking, was suddenly faced with again. So much better now...

lol... I'm hoping that the excessive rage will pass eventually [​IMG]

I know what you mean, I can smell so much more now. I can also smell how much smokers stink [no offense]. I cant believe that I likely smelled like that not too long ago. [​IMG]

9. Gummy
    I'm at U of Toronto, but I don't take my AKG501s out so none of you will see me [​IMG]

I have 1 person in my class with SR80.
    A dude in the Bahen Lab with SR60.
    A guy in dorm with SR60

Then bunch of Sony

Anyone here named Tom and is in 3rd year Mech Eng?

10. Alpha 904
    Here at Westen Washington University, a lot of what I see are el cheapos. The best that I may have seen are a pair of mdr-v700, hd-500, and akg k240s

11. philodox Contributor
    Couldnt imagine wearing my K240S in public, everyone else would be listening along with me.

Nice avatar by the way [​IMG]

12. Natsuiro
    At UBC I see sony V700s the most.. then after that would be sony v600s.

I have one TA with sony V6s, I see some portapros every now and then.. alot of sony street styles and ipod stock buds.

But I think I saw a guy with em-7s, and I did see a girl with Eggos, but i'm not sure which model they were. Saw two pairs of hd-570s, some sony EX-71SLs, and my friend said he saw someone with er-6i's.

13. petery83 Contributor
    About a month ago, I saw a guy come in to our school's gym wearing a pair of Grado SR-60s or SR-80s...I think he was wondering why I was staring at his headphones. Around 2 weeks ago, I saw a guy come in with a pair of Ety ER-4P/S (I couldn't tell which one), so I asked him which kind he had. Turned out he had the 4Ps, but also bought the P->S converter cable. He seemed pleasantly surprised that I recognized the Etys.

14. jesse_w
    I see the odd EX71 and one day I saw an SR-60. Some guy whos occasionally on the bus I take has E3cs which is kinda cool.

jesse

15. Brown Cow
    A couple of px200/px100's and a couple of 'dj' style headphones by JVC/Phillips and of course Sony. The rest are SOny clip-ons or generic earbuds.
    I think I was really amazed when I say someone with ety's and an iRiver.

First

Back
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Next

Last