headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2004 at 8:10 PM Post #466 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by dza
I've been here about 3 weeks, and I've only seen a couple of notable mentions. A guy in the PSA (Planning Students Association) has some D22 eggos, I saw another guy with some PX200's, and my biggest find were some AT clip-ons. The AT's were the Em7's... I think.

That's it for now.

Theres been people walking around on campus with hp1000's and rs-1's in the past.
wink.gif

Also saw some hd600's at a cofee house and some other lesser grados around campus.

Biggie.

Sep 24, 2004 at 8:58 PM Post #467 of 855
I didn't see this on the street but I noticed on a CD insert.

McCoy Tyner - New York Reunion

McCoy Tyner listening back to the recording on a pair of AKG K-1000 headphones.

Nicely recorded album by the way.

During the recording session the musicians seem to be using K141 headphones, although I can't be sure.

Sep 24, 2004 at 9:51 PM Post #468 of 855
I saw some grados in a sea of about a million ipod buds.

Didn't get a close look, was in too much shock
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #470 of 855
Saw a girl on a bike wearing a pair of Sennheiser HD25-1's just the other day...
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2004 at 1:02 AM Post #473 of 855
Saw a set of Grados on the way to work this week, also have seen Sennheiser HD360s (my series eXpression) on the streetcar. Otherwise an unending succession of streetstyles, sony "dj" crap, the rare Koss portapro, stock earbuds, no-name radio shack stuff, etc.

Sep 25, 2004 at 1:33 PM Post #477 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by MdRex
I saw this buy wearing this silver huge Grados and almost shook my head.

i wear my alessandro ms2s to uni
smily_headphones1.gif
sure they're big but... the sound!! they look damn good around my neck too
wink.gif

I've never seen anyone with good headphones, except my friends back at school who had some various sonys (ex71, e888, etc) and the such.

but i've not been interested in headphones too long so i may not ave been paying attention
wink.gif

Sep 25, 2004 at 9:55 PM Post #479 of 855
The other day when I was running downtown at around 5, I saw a few businessmen walking to their cars and the one guy had on some SR-125's. I yelled out "Nice Grado's!" and he gave me a fist pump
smily_headphones1.gif

I've also gotten a few really long stares in the library while listening to my portable setup, so I'm guessing they might be aspiring audiophiles
etysmile.gif

Sep 26, 2004 at 5:04 AM Post #480 of 855
I was pretty disappointed on my most recent trip to Tokyo, Japan. I saw mostly people wearing stock buds (mostly Sonys and Panasonics, a few Kenwoods.... its scary how I can tell by the brand by the remote). Some street style types and those clipon types. I saw a guy with Sony DJ headphones. I saw about 10 people with Ipods (not sure of the gen, but you can tell from the white buds). My coworker has the white EX70SP. And you ask what I used? I was using my black EX71 until I got my silver CM7...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back