1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

headphone sightings?

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by driftwood, Mar 7, 2002.
Tags:
First

Back
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Next

Last
  1. chiggachu
    Only things I've seen on my campus was a guy with Ex-71's, some dude walking around with sr-80's, and my roommate who busted out his old school V7's one day to my dismay. I was so jealous! Here I am with my "ghetto" cd780's and dt770's. I pray for the day when I see something other than white cords coming from people's ears...

2. Supsup
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chiggachu
    Only things I've seen on my campus was a guy with Ex-71's, some dude walking around with sr-80's, and my roommate who busted out his old school V7's one day to my dismay. I was so jealous! Here I am with my "ghetto" cd780's and dt770's. I pray for the day when I see something other than white cords coming from people's ears...

hey! my white cords are Ety Er-6i [​IMG]

3. daveman_84
    Saw some PX-200's around campus the other day!

4. Cyrillic
    I saw this one girl wearing some ghetto headphones that she had just for looks... I'm sure they sounded like crap. One guy was wearing Sony V700DJ's, some wear Sony-mdrv300 or mdrv250v. And those are uncommon even. Other than those, everyone wears Sony MDR-G42LP Street Style's or worse...\

In fact I can't think of a single instance where I saw someone wearing a really nice pair of headphones. oh well =/

5. zombietycho
    Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
    In Toronto? It might be me. [I have more hair now... and my eyes don't usually glow red like that pic [​IMG] ]

EDIT: just saw that you said 'around uni'... probably not me then. I usually only wear them on the subway.

All the way out in Lethbridge, Alberta. Far, far west compared to TO.

6. philodox Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zombietycho
    All the way out in Lethbridge, Alberta. Far, far west compared to TO.

Hmmm, well probably not then. [​IMG]

I'm only out that way once and a while to see my Mom, and she lives in Sherwood Park.

7. Jam_Master_J
    Haven't seen much for good cans at my university. Mostly stock cans and Sony crap.

I've gotten some weird looks in the library with my amp and everything (I go the "loud" section of the library so any leakage won't be noticed). A couple people have asked me about it though.

8. Oink1 Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcTeryx
    Man you ain't seen nothin till you've been in midtown manhattan. I see girls with the new ipod mini's wedged in their bra cups. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Just how much is a flight to NY?!?! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. aaroncort
    I live in a smallish town of about 100 thousand people so seeing good cans is a rarity. I have in the past few years that I've been obsessed with headphones seen a pair of sr-80s sr-60s and a pair of senns that I was too far away from to identify. I did have one guy at a coffee shop ask me if my Grado sr325 were electrostatic headphones. The wierd thing was that he had a pair of etys and an airhead amp. Seems like he would have known a pair of grados. He was very nice though so don't rag on him.

10. philodox Contributor
    I saw someone in Toronto this weekend [Saturday] at Union Station wearing Sennheiser HD280s!!!

I was in to see Antibalas at the Horseshoe and was not wearing my headphones at the time. My luck that the one day I'm not wearing my headphones in TO is the day that I see someone else wearing good full sized headphones. [​IMG]

Oh well... its not like I would challenge him to a duel or anything. We would probably just check eachother out inobtrusively or something like that. Dont want to look at another guy too closely in Toronto. [​IMG]

11. sygyzy Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
    I saw a guy with Grado SR60's around his neck at Queen & Bathurst on Tuesday when I was getting concert tickets at Rotate This. The streetcars were screwed, I listened to Lamb's entire self titled album and finally decided to walk it back to the university line. It was kind of good though, found a store that sells used CD's called Acid Records or something. Picked up some King Tubby and a CD by Desmond Williams.

[RANT]
    The funny part was when I walked farther though. I think I was near the Silver Snail and this guy comes out and points at his ears in such a way that he looks like he is in a rap video. I take of my AKG K271 Studio's and he says:

Wigger: "DAMN, those headphones are TIGHT"
    Me: "Thanks."
    Wigger: "Do they have noise cancellation?"
    Me: "No, that ruins the sound."
    Wigger: "Do they go loud?"
    Me: "Sure, they can go loud."

Then I sighed and walked away.

It was really funny because in his first statement he sounded exactly like the voice on one of those GI Joe remix's [on ebaumsworld] when he says "DAMN, those beats are so FRESH".

It was hard for me not to: A) burst into laughter B) beat him sensless

Thats what quiting smoking does it seems... turns you into a barely controlled ball of rage. [​IMG]
    [/RANT]

Nothing like those crazy Wiggers.

12. uzziah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuki-Tuki
    I haven't seen anybody with my B&O A8's!! Is that good or bad?

b&o is to home/portable audio, as audiobahn is to car audio

the bear has spoken

13. neueziel
    Anyone in Gainesville, FL going to the University of Florida? I saw a guy on the bus (route 9) w/what looked like AT CM series headphones. I was like oh wow, too bad the dude was standing all the way in the front and the bus was full. Also it seems that Sony MDR-G74SL are very popular at UF.

14. locality
    On the 7 train from Times Square to Flushing, Queens: late-20's male Caucasian wearing the Sennheiser HD497 while a few Pod People threw sidelong glances at him.

Also, a few weeks back on the 4/5/6 in Manhattan: someone wearing the Sony MDR-V6 or similiar.

IMO, neither of those 'phones provide enough isolation for the noisy subway cars of the 7 or 4/5/6, although the earpads probably create a welcome earmuff effect now that Autumn temperatures are really starting to set in.

Just finished playing: Mike Oldfield, The Killing Fields soundtrack

15. locality
    Young Asian woman with Sennheiser PX100's down around her neck. Attached to Apple iPod w/burgundy-colored skin cover. She spent a lot of time on the phone as I dozed on and off.

First

Back
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Next

Last