headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2002 at 6:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 855

Driftwood

100+ Head-Fier
so, I am a masters student at a east coast US university, and being interested in headphones, I keep a close eye out for anyone who may be wearing headphones around campus. Unfortuately, the best that I have seen around here is one guy with a MD player who seems to have replaced his earbuds with some sennheiser HD 433s. (i think that is the model?) everyone else seems to wear the phones that came with their player. One guy I think had a KSC-55 but I might be wrong.

I can't be the only one who appreciates good sound! What is wrong with these people??!?!?!

Acch.

Anyone else keep an eye out for what other people are wearing headphone-wize?

Driftwood

Mar 7, 2002 at 8:01 AM Post #2 of 855
LOL, yeah we always add in what we see on the street and so on. I've seen V5's, koss sportapro (or protapros?), COBY (ahhhh, directly from hell itself!), lots of streetstyles, sony dj line (usually the silver V300's), i've seen plenty of stock phones (morons), cheap earbuds on trains (deaf morons), and i've actually seen someone with the V6's in a music shop!
cool.gif

What else....i saw one guy once with (possibly) beyer phones (big monster ones) and a small, thick leather pouch (possibly DAT?). I didn't pay close enough attention, but the cans had a one sided coiled cord. That's about it as far as i can remember.
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2002 at 9:19 AM Post #4 of 855
To this day, I don't think I've seen anybody in the streets wearing anything that sounds decent, other than just one girl who happened to be using a pair of Portapros. I felt like going up to her and saying "good choice".
rolleyes.gif
Other than that I see Streetstyles and stock buds by far and large.

Mar 7, 2002 at 10:06 AM Post #5 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
To this day, I don't think I've seen anybody in the streets wearing anything that sounds decent, other than just one girl who happened to be using a pair of Portapros. I felt like going up to her and saying "good choice".
rolleyes.gif
Other than that I see Streetstyles and stock buds by far and large.

Was she pretty
biggrin.gif

I havent seen any here in Oz walking around with any nice phones...mainly streetstyles...They look at my 888s as thogh they are POS's
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2002 at 10:46 AM Post #6 of 855
aside from the occasional mx500, it's usually streetstyle or stock-buds. I've seen a ksc55 onve tho.

Mar 7, 2002 at 11:17 AM Post #7 of 855
I say a guy on the street with a pair of Er-4P's
and I am the only one to blame...I convinced my buddy that the 4P's are for him.
tongue.gif

Relax the street I saw him on is one where nothing will knock him over...one of those quite areas
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2002 at 12:39 PM Post #8 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by Ctn

Was she pretty
biggrin.gif

Noooooot really. Which is why I wouldn't have said more than "good choice".
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2002 at 2:34 PM Post #9 of 855
There was one guy on campus who walked around wearing a Grado SR-60. Haven't seen him in a long while; I think he graduated.

Everyone else I've ever seen listens to garbage, of which about 75% or so is sony streetstyles.

Mar 7, 2002 at 7:52 PM Post #10 of 855
most of the stuff I've seen is crap. My friend had some kc-35s, but besides that all I've seen are people using the awful included headphones or streetstyles.

I see the V6/7506s all the time on TV. Most recently I saw a repeated "lord of the rings" special where one of the sound guys had them on in the background.

The thing that distesses me more than what peole use to listen to music is how loud they listen to it. When I am a few yards away and can still hear the lyrics, I begin to get worried.

Mar 7, 2002 at 8:24 PM Post #11 of 855
People can't believe how much my Ety's cost! - unfortunately I'm very reuctant to show them why because most people just don't keep their ears clean enough. Another point I think is that to the uninitiated, the Ety's probably don't sound all that impressive!

Let me say that again..... the Ety's don't sound all that impressive!

The truth is, they are the absolute best headphones out there at a realistic price but they are too accurate to be impressive - most plebs (non headphone enthusiasts) really don't want accuracy - they want bass BASS BASS!!!!!

Hence, I think, the popularity of the EX-70's in my humble little town!

Incidentally...... if your body was the world, Grimsby would be that small little place between your toes where the fungus grows free. Still, more lottery winners in this town than there were murders last year (believe it or not, that's true!).

Mar 7, 2002 at 9:51 PM Post #13 of 855
Hell no.

And majority of the people probably think I have the worst when they see not Sony, but some German name on mine when I'm out walking around (HD600 or MX500).
very_evil_smiley.gif

I don't know why, but every time I see someone wearing Coby headphones, I break out in laughter. It doesn't happen often.
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2002 at 3:06 AM Post #14 of 855
There's some guy in classes with me who has a Philips CD player of some kind, and he uses the cheap-ass headphones that came with it. The only thing is that he wears them CONSTANTLY. I've hardly ever seen him without them on, that includes in class, and today he was working on a lab with his lab partner and he had them on. I'm glad I'm not his lab partner, I'd tell him to take his headphones off and pay attention to me. I'd also tell him to get some decent headphones if he wants to listen so god damned much.

I saw someone with some sportapros once but NO one wears good headphones at my university. At all. I have seen a bunch of v600s, but never anything good.

Mar 8, 2002 at 6:24 AM Post #15 of 855
I mostly see stocks and such.

But on one of Alicia Keys Music videos she was wearing some grados. It was knida funny because she was just wearing them around her neck...I'd be listening to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back